• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

so, will the show be set in present day or will it be during the 60s like the comic?

is Riverdale present day? ( I don't watch the show )

I had no knowledge of this show (and even if I did, I doubt “a dark take on Sabrina the Teenage Witch” would have piqued my interest) but Shipka is really good. She was great on Mad Men, Kimmy Schmidt and Don’t Trust the B. This could actually turn out pretty interesting.

But what is the connection between Sabrina and Archie? Are they set in the same universe?

In the comics they are originally in the same universe. It is yet to be seen if the tv shows will be set in the same universe.

I think it will most likely be set in present day going by the cast breakdown (Harvey is "woke")

And Riverdale does take place in present day.

I just started reading the series. I wonder how close the series will be to the comic. It's pretty dark so far.

In the comics they are originally in the same universe. It is yet to be seen if the tv shows will be set in the same universe.

I think it will most likely be set in present day going by the cast breakdown (Harvey is "woke")

And Riverdale does take place in present day.

Ah okay thanks

I just started reading the series. I wonder how close the series will be to the comic. It's pretty dark so far.

same here. it's a little too dark for my taste.

so I wouldn't mind if the show goes for a slightly lighter tone than the comics.

same here. it's a little too dark for my taste.

so I wouldn't mind if the show goes for a slightly lighter tone than the comics.

Based on the character descriptions for casting, I wouldn't bet on it.

https://twitter.com/WriterRAS/status/956021940166250498
DUR44vdWAAAmw4i.jpg:large

Now, just give me a cast.

I like him. If I saw him in the street I would definitely give him a pat

Man, I feel so out of the loop. I had zero idea the Melissa Joan Hart series was based off a comic, a dark & freaky one at that.

Crazy world. :oldrazz:

I hope the cat has a demonic voice, because all cats are creatures from hell.

Man, I feel so out of the loop. I had zero idea the Melissa Joan Hart series was based off a comic, a dark & freaky one at that.

Crazy world. :oldrazz:

Fairly certain the dark and creepy comic came out after the first TV series.

Ah, okay, well that makes way more sense. Just a cool grimdarkz re-imagining for the hardcore cool kiddies.

http://tvline.com/2018/02/13/once-u...celled-final-season-lgbt-romance-alice-robin/
Do you know if Netflix’s Sabrina series will be sticking the core of Sabrina, Harvey, Hilda, Zelda and Salem? — Riana
If you’re a fan of Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and Robert Hack’s Chilling Adventures of Sabrina comics, you can expect to see most of your favorite characters appear at one point or another. A sneak peek of the pilot script revealed Harvey’s arrival, while Aguirre-Sacasa recently posted the first picture of Salem on Twitter. Additionally, I’ve learned that casting is currently underway for Prudence, the Regina George-esque leader of a bewitching trio known as the Weird Sisters, and Father Blackwood, a High Priest of the Church of Night who becomes an “oppressive authority figure in Sabrina’s dark education.”

'Sabrina' Adds Michelle Gomez and Chance Perdomo
Gomez will play Mary Wardell, Sabrina's (Shipka) favorite teacher and mentor at Baxter High. When she is possessed by the Devil's handmaiden, Madam Satan, Ms. Wardell turns into a sultry, cunning manipulator who is always trying to lure Sabrina down the Path of Night. Gomez's credits also incude The Book Group and Green Wing. She's repped by Industry Entertainment and Independent Talent Group in the U.K.

Perdomo, meanwhile, will play Ambrose Spellman. The character is Sabrina's warlock cousin from England. Placed under house-arrest by the Witches Council, Ambrose is forbidden from leaving the funeral home where he lives with the Spellman women. Witty, puckish and pan-sexual, he is one of Sabrina’s partners in crime, always up for mischief. This is U.K. native Perdomo's first U.S. television role. He's repped by Authentic and the U.K.'s Scott Marshall Partners.

Michelle Gomez as Madam Satan. I am in love.

Glad that the cast is shaping up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"