Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

I don’t see it happening. They’ve never done post credit scenes and it would be weird to do it with the last movie of the franchise.

I was joking lol.

Mangold has also said he doesn't like post credit scenes in general. Even in "The Wolverine," he said that he disliked having to add a post credit scene.

An after credits scene for this type of film would be jarring and not make sense.

As much as I love Quan - I hate fan-service for the sake of it way more. And fan-service is a plague on modern fiction, so please keep it out of Indy as much as possible.

I don't mind a brief glimpse of the Ark in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull or on the wall art in Last Crusade, but that's as far as I want it to ever go.

That's some FF levels of convenient physics in that chase.

First official clip

That's some FF levels of convenient physics in that chase.

I was hoping the scene ended like this

fce5a81b362896dcaa77a09030fa1055636888bf.gifv

123421626bf6b34749f1cc1219fb4e44a6e99115.gifv

48a2d93d90279713b610c38953e75492d2be817a.gifv

I've seen the 6 minute clip of the chase - and it's great.

That said, this clip will absolutely feed into the narrative online grifters have established of this film.

Wish they'd released something else, really.
Almost every comment under the video is this exactly.

Almost every comment under the video is this exactly.

I didn't even look. Ugh.

Granted, it's not on the filmmakers to placate or base what they release on this group's toxic/sexist nonsense, but it's sadly also a hurdle that the marketing needs to take into consideration, unfortunately.

I don't know.

When I saw the clip featured Helena saying she was "brash, resourceful, beautiful", I knew it wouldn't be taken as an obviously arrogant character being arrogant and foolishly thinking her actions are those of someone in the wrong - but that morons would take it as the audience being told she's those things and possibly 'better' than Indy.

Most of the chase is Indy-centric, and they released that clip of a segment where Helena's centered. Not the best idea.

I hate modern fandom that I even have to think about this.

I do have one critique of this scene - and I've seen 6 minutes of the chase, is the music.

Yes, the music.

Another sequence I love had this issue - Kingdom of the Crystal Skull during the motorcycle chase.

The music in that scene and the new scene is too 'fun' and devoid of tension.

It really makes things feel very light and without peril.

I own all the Indy films in 4k, but they are coming to Disney+ on May 31st. What has me excited is that the young Indiana Jones chronicles will be there too!! Now I can finally watch it.

I wonder if they're going to be permanently on D+ or if it's going to be a back and forth shared rights thing with Paramount+.

The only ones I think I've seen is the vhs that came with the original trilogy back in the early 2000s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"