• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Comic book movie Respect and Support Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

newavengers12

Avengers Assemble!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just want to make a point here...Sometimes I get mad reading the reviews some of you guya post. "SpiderMan 3 the worst comic movie ever" What is that????
Come on... I been reading post of some guys almost begging for Venom... and guess what, You guys got Venom and NOW "He wasnt need on the movie, he was play wrong..etc." Dont be like that, be greatfull, they will make what we ask for, as they have done... but this conduct have to stop.

COME ON GUYS.... We ask for some things on the movies and we get it... You guys dont get it... They are pleasing us. What about Silver Surfer on FF, Ghost Rider, maybe it was not what everybody wanted, but we get them... And we get to watch those movies with our family, friends or just alone when we got nothing more to do.

I mean, I didnt like SpiderMan 1 until like a year after I saw the film for the first time.... I was thinking, "Man to much Pete and almost none of Spidey"but I learned to love the movie, and Im not being a comformist but, If they make what we want , lets Support and respect the guys for making up to us, and lets not criticize so hard their projects. Remember the time of Nick Fury, the old Captain America film, the old FF....

I just want to keep getting movies, good movies, Excellent movies like theSpider-Man trilogy. Iwould love to get the Spidey 4,5 and 6, and all the oter projects that we know are in the horizon , and even more projects, because with the profits from this films, they will get what they need to continue pleasing US.

I dont mean to change the world, but at least I want to get these movies, so here is my part, are you ready to do yours?????

:venom:

No one asked for sandman to be linked to uncle ben's death or Venom to be butchered or the symbiote to shoe horned into the plot though so I don't get why you think we asked for that stuff.

I certainly didn't want to hear Kirsten dunst singing and see her dance to the twist.

And we fanboys and fangirls are obviously not what they were thinking about most.

They were thinking about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No one asked for sandman to be linked to uncle ben's death or Venom to be butchered or the symbiote to shoe horned into the plot though so I don't get why you think we asked for that stuff.

I certainly didn't want to hear Kirsten dunst singing and see her dance to the twist.

We all did ask for Venom... almost cry for it...and we get him. This are comic book movies, nobody dies definetly... We may get Venom in one of the other movies. They are making movies for fans. Remember YOU CAN NEVER make a movie based 100% on the comic, they have to get some realistic side for the general market, and theri profits, these is all business, but if they can make it up to us then they'll do it.

Wrong. I was in the minority on this board for a whole year as one of the few asking for venom. Most denied he was in the film even when topher was cast.

But we get it bro!!! And really he looked good!!! The origins and how they disposed of him may be a little rough, but hey... Tell me with your heart that as a fanboy you didnt want to see Venom in a movie???

Everyone needs to remember that Spider-Man Fans exist outside the message boards. Even though the critics and some of the hardcore fans (who are far worse critics) hated the film, box office numbers clearly dictate that this movie was a huge success. Spider-Man is a world-wide phenomenon and the majority of the fans throughout world seem to love Spider-Man 3.

But we get it bro!!! And really he looked good!!! The origins and how they disposed of him may be a little rough, but hey... Tell me with your heart that as a fanboy you didnt want to see Venom in a movie???

He was VINO.

He is now the new Bane.

I didn't want to see him so carelessly handled. Especially after seeing Ock done so well.

I thought I was watching that 70s show.

Everyone needs to remember that Spider-Man Fans exist outside the message boards. Even though the critics and some of the hardcore fans (who are far worse critics) hated the film, box office numbers clearly dictate that this movie was a huge success. Spider-Man is a world-wide phenomenon and the majority of the fans throughout world seem to love Spider-Man 3.

This is what I mean... if we support and respect the films that they(movie makers) are doing, they will get their profits and obviously they will keep making movies for us....

Everyone remember that Wey is our SHH Bizarro- hates the SM films and Batman Begins, loves Ghost Rider.

Everyone remember that Wey is our SHH Bizarro- hates the SM films and Batman Begins, loves Ghost Rider.

LOL

I liked GR.... remember support and respect( it could have been done better for the villans, but GR himself was good):yay:

I actually wanted a strictly Harry Osborn Goblin movie. Maybe, another villain mixed in, but I didn't want Venom. I wanted:

Spider-man: Green Goblin
Spider-man 2: Doctor Octopus
Spider-man 3: Harry's Green Goblin, Sandman, Shocker (minor cameo) Eddie Brock introduced midway through.
Spider-man 4: Lizard, Peter gets the symbiote and goes to Connors to find out what it is, so we get some Peter/Connors scenes and midway through Lizard is born and fights against the Black suited Spider-man. Final fight is with the Lizard at a church. Brock's there snapping pictures and after Peter defeats Connors he rids himself of the symbiote. Venom is born.
Spider-man 5: Venom.

-R

GR is okay... But come on, loving GR- then complaining that the SM films are cheesy and way too cartoony? Apparently to Wey, SM2 is more of a cartoon than SM1...

Is it just me who finds this shocking and weird?

I actually wanted a strictly Harry Osborn Goblin movie. Maybe, another villain mixed in, but I didn't want Venom. I wanted:

Spider-man: Green Goblin
Spider-man 2: Doctor Octopus
Spider-man 3: Harry's Green Goblin, Sandman, Shocker (minor cameo) Eddie Brock introduced midway through.
Spider-man 4: Lizard, Peter gets the symbiote and goes to Connors to find out what it is, so we get some Peter/Connors scenes and midway through Lizard is born and fights against the Black suited Spider-man. Final fight is with the Lizard at a church. Brock's there snapping pictures and after Peter defeats Connors he rids himself of the symbiote. Venom is born.
Spider-man 5: Venom.

-R

This line up looks very nice man.... but what we got is different... now we have to wait to see how they play it.
Man your S4 is really awesome.... :wow:

GR is okay... But come on, loving GR- then complaining that the SM films are cheesy and way too cartoony? Apparently to Wey, SM2 is more of a cartoon than SM1...

NOP... actually the more cartoonish would be S3 because of Venom... the villans from the first 2 looks more "real" .

newavengers12, I agree with you on this. SM3 was a GREAT comic book movie, yes, I think things could have been done a little differently and that they shouldn't have tried to put so much story into one movie, but overall, it was great. And I too think we need to support most, if not all, the comic book movies that will be coming out. They're doing it for us and we all need to appreciate that fact. :)

Wait... are you saying most cartoonish out of the Spidey films or most supehero films (including GR)? Because parts of GR screamed Saturday morning cartoon- too much so, imo.

Yeah, 1 and 2 are realistic. But 1 is more so than 2? 2 was probably one of the most grounded super hero films alongside Batman Begins.

newavengers12, I agree with you on this. SM3 was a GREAT comic book movie, yes, I think things could have been done a little differently and that they shouldn't have tried to put so much story into one movie, but overall, it was great. And I too think we need to support most, if not all, the comic book movies that will be coming out. They're doing it for us and we all need to appreciate that fact. :)

Thanks for the support bro!!! Keep swinging!!!!!!:yay:

Wait... are you saying most cartoonish out of the Spidey films or most supehero films (including GR)? Because parts of GR screamed Saturday morning cartoon- too much so, imo.

Yeah, 1 and 2 are realistic. But 1 is more so than 2? 2 was probably one of the most grounded super hero films alongside Batman Begins.

Out of Spidey films. Im with you in the GR theme, but I saw it at the movies, and Im still buying the two versionswhen they come out.

Good!

Why are you riding my ass in every thread?

I don't love GR. I consider it a decent start like x-men or blade or even spidey 1.

All of which have superior sequels.

The sm films are too cheesy and cartoony, especially this one. I wish they took themselves more seriously.

Yes, some hardcore fans can be borderline irrational. I'm pretty hardcore myself but I'm able to differentiate between the regular Marvel Universe and the Movie Universe. Change doesn't bother me as long as they stay true to the essence of the characters and the concept. Some fans may be pissed that Venom wasn't fleshed out more but any fan has to admit that what they did get was true Venom. To me, as an adaptation, SM3 works well. As a movie, it works phenomenally well. Whereas, X-Men as an adaptation strays but as a movie also works well.

The fact that a lot of fanboys are starting to miss .... the more they whine about good movies, the more they risk that Hollywood studios are going to tune them out completely. When studios see X3 and SM3's numbers and then they see fanboy flaming, they'll simply judge them as irrelevant. This makes Marvel's job of keeping their studio properties as true as they can very difficult. Fanboys need to think about their irrational rants and make them count. Howling at the moon because your personal expectations weren't meant may make you feel better but it accomplishes nothing but negative results.

Only getting DC.... and if it's the same deal as DD I'll be fckin' pissed man.

MSJ delivered with a great superhero Daredevil translation with the DIRECTORS CUT and then Fox hack and slashed it.

So, for a while- I was "Ghost Rider rocks", but then slowly went "eh, it's okay" when I heard news about the director's cut with that much extra footage. It was shocking and horrifying to see that after he was given freedome he turned in a final theatrical product possibly even worse than theDaredevil theatrical version.

Hope directors cut improves the film in a serious way and that MSJ will finally get his act together and realize that FOX knows NOTHING. His original DD film was great and would have definitely brought in more at B.O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"