Worst recent Comic Book Movie?

- WW84
- Venom: Let there be Carnage
- Morbius

I haven't seen any of the movies in the poll, but from the ones I've seen my vote is Eternals.

Venom 2 was some absolute trash and I agree that it deserves to be on this list. The first one was bad but the second took it to a new level of crap.

Just basing my vote on the theater preview. I thought I was gonna go see it, but after that, I decided to go find a sleazy bar instead

Define recent?

Morbius. I don't count Snake Eyes as a CBM. If I did, it may win. Morbius gets my vote

"Superman Returns" is one movie I continue to have a lot of mixed feelings about. When it first came out I thought it was okay, but the weakness of the overall story began to show very quickly. I also think Kate Bosworth was horribly miscast for Lois - she didn't look or act like someone who was supposed to be an heir to Margot Kidder. Kevin Spacey was tons more campy than Gene Hackman was, and the movie just relied far too much on nostalgia - Bryan Singer didn't let it stand on its own two feet.

"Superman Returns" is one movie I continue to have a lot of mixed feelings about. When it first came out I thought it was okay, but the weakness of the overall story began to show very quickly. I also think Kate Bosworth was horribly miscast for Lois - she didn't look or act like someone who was supposed to be an heir to Margot Kidder. Kevin Spacey was tons more campy than Gene Hackman was, and the movie just relied far too much on nostalgia - Bryan Singer didn't let it stand on its own two feet.

Yeah, I’m someone who has hated Superman Returns for a long time now and I think a lot of fans view it with rose-colored glasses because of Donner nostalgia or the fact that Snyder’s take on Superman also sucked. But Snyder’s Superman being bad doesn’t retroactively make Singer’s Superman good. Superman/Clark barely had a personality in it. I was saying in another thread recently that he acts like a d*** throughout the movie (spying on Lois in her home, deserting the Earth and his pregnant girlfriend for 5 years with no explanation, chucking a ball into the next state while playing fetch with his dog). And the rest of the time, he’s either standing around silently while the other cast members do the acting, lifting some giant object, or occasionally rehashing some line that Chris Reeve or Marlon Brando said 100 times better. It’s so obvious that the movie is less interested in who Superman is as a character than how his presence (or lack thereof) impacts the world. Ironically, this is the same mistake Snyder made.

Routh fared better when he played Superman again in that CW crossover. Not sure whether that was because he had improved as an actor by then or because they actually gave him dialogue (probably both). Regardless, Superman Returns was a complete failure.

Yeah, I’m someone who has hated Superman Returns for a long time now and I think a lot of fans view it with rose-colored glasses because of Donner nostalgia or the fact that Snyder’s take on Superman also sucked. But Snyder’s Superman being bad doesn’t retroactively make Singer’s Superman good. Superman/Clark barely had a personality in it. I was saying in another thread recently that he acts like a d*** throughout the movie (spying on Lois in her home, deserting the Earth and his pregnant girlfriend for 5 years with no explanation, chucking a ball into the next state while playing fetch with his dog). And the rest of the time, he’s either standing around silently while the other cast members do the acting, lifting some giant object, or occasionally rehashing some line that Chris Reeve or Marlon Brando said 100 times better. It’s so obvious that the movie is less interested in who Superman is as a character than how his presence (or lack thereof) impacts the world. Ironically, this is the same mistake Snyder made.

Routh fared better when he played Superman again in that CW crossover. Not sure whether that was because he had improved as an actor by then or because they actually gave him dialogue (probably both). Regardless, Superman Returns was a complete failure.
I think Brandon is a decent actor, though I bailed on the Arrowverse after Season 5 of that show. But in "Returns", I felt he was the one cast member who honestly did his best. Sure, it wasn't much, but you can only work with what you're given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"