The Continuing Adventures of Mr H's Pencil

Mrh7448

I am not a Side Kick
Reaction score
Couldn't find my other art thread, besides nobody seemed to look anymore, figured I'd just start anew.

I have no idea what this really is it was just something that came into my head about an Angel who is a private detective on Earth, everybody knows he's an angel but it just seems completely natural and nobody questions it.

GA_1.jpg

GA_2.jpg

GA_3.jpg

GA_4.jpg

Great concept

and gret visuals

The cover one last cigarette brings me back to the days of Faust

Ooh the parodies makes me giggle. I like his name.

this is amazing... i love the noir feel juxtaposed with something more fantastic like an angel... great art, and really oddly funny concept.

Great concept

and gret visuals

The cover one last cigarette brings me back to the days of Faust

Thanks Kad, that's my favourite. I completely forgot about Faust, may have to look through some of those.

Ooh the parodies makes me giggle. I like his name.
Thanks

this is amazing... i love the noir feel juxtaposed with something more fantastic like an angel... great art, and really oddly funny concept.

Thanks Mattchew, I'm glad I conveyed the pulp/noir feel, again just a weird idea. If I come up with some storylines something may actually happen with these.

Incredible!

Thanks

very nice... i've always loved your more illustrator-y stuff and this is a perfect match for your style. also your pinup of Lief for dchisholm was fantastic!

very nice... i've always loved your more illustrator-y stuff and this is a perfect match for your style. also your pinup of Lief for dchisholm was fantastic!

Hey Phig thanks. I've now got a tendency just to draw how I draw and try not to worry too much about style. So I just go where my creativity takes.

Though I think my illustrator/vector stuff is going to be more marketable on a wider base. I think

great work! write a story for this character and do some sequentials...
:D

ps. thanks again for that pin up!

great work! write a story for this character and do some sequentials...
:D

ps. thanks again for that pin up!

Lol...thanks I would love to if I had any actual story ideas or could even remotely begin to write a noir/pulp style mystery.

No problems, glad you liked it, I just hope i get one from you if/when I ever get my book going. :D

Turning a my girlfriend's cousin into a superhero, probably best not to ask.

sc000123ac.jpg

la.jpg

Some Hellboy stuff, I think I'm going to work on a short story for him, submission test maybe

hb.jpg

And final a project on my own, character sketches for "They call me Giles"

giles.jpg

Turning a my girlfriend's cousin into a superhero, probably best not to ask.
That just makes me want to ask...:o

But for serious, great work as always. :up:

Wow, It's been a long time. Mostly cause I've been trying to work on some comic stuff for the August Show in TO. A buddy of mine and I are planning to get a table, probably won't have much but it should be fun...

Anyway here's some ideas for an Alpha flight Animated

Aurora
Aurora_LO.jpg

Northstar
nsLO.jpg

Puck
puck_LO.jpg

Snowbird
snow_lo.jpg

Vindicator
vind_LO.jpg

And this was a piece for Dave's Let's Go To Utah, consider it a piece of fan art

leif-1.jpg

You can view all his work in his thread here

An idea for Hellboy/Solomon Cane story

sol.jpg

This was done in Photoshop, playing with the tablet

Wow, It's been a long time. Mostly cause I've been trying to work on some comic stuff for the August Show in TO. A buddy of mine and I are planning to get a table, probably won't have much but it should be fun...

Anyway here's some ideas for an Alpha flight Animated

Aurora

Northstar

Puck

Snowbird

Vindicator

Good God MrH. I Loves your animated style sooo much.

nice to see an update from you

your stuff is really cool I especially like your "they call me giles" sketches

hey man, long time no post! i've been missing you. loving the alpha flight animated designs... any chance of a sasquatch?

Good God MrH. I Loves your animated style sooo much.

Thanks Syncos, pretty happy with them except for Snowbird and I think Puck needs some tweeking.

nice to see an update from you
Thanks

your stuff is really cool I especially like your "they call me giles" sketches
Thanks, I'm hoping to have issue one done for August but the story isn't flowing as well as I hoped. The whole idea for it was pretty crazy, but it's more for practice than anything else.

hey man, long time no post! i've been missing you. loving the alpha flight animated designs... any chance of a sasquatch?
Thanks Phig. Haven't been around much just lurking here and there.
Sasquatch is in the works just haven't been happy with anything I've done so far.

Redone Alpha Flight Animated...not sure I like them or not
Aurora
Aurora.jpg

Guardian
Guardian.jpg

Northstar
NOrthstar.jpg

Snowbird
Snowbird.jpg

Puck
puck.jpg

Sasquatch