the current state of the fanart contest...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattchew

Sidekick
Reaction score
First, I want to make it clear that it feesl kinda weird to broach this subject because of Excel's history of hard work with the fanart forum.

Having said that, I wanted to be up front about the fact that I posted the following in the tech support section of the 'community' forum:

"First, I want to make it clear I am writing as a fan of Excelsior...

The fanart forum has been one of my favorite board destinations for years, as a result of his efforts, and I don't want that to get lost in the mix.

Anyway, I am just writing to request that another mod think about taking up the monthly fanart contests until Excel has a chance to get stuff worked out.

The voting threads for July and august never went up, and there was no September or October contests, so this is now a four month trend...

I hope most would understand that this request is way of saying just how much fun people have with these contests, rather than some critique of Excel....

I've personally been through times when fanart contests did not rank at the top of my list.

I am just hoping that one of the mods might be able to diplomatically step in and fill Excel's shoes briefly...

In the case that any mod's are unaware of what it would involve, you would post a thread with a theme at the beginning of the month (and I'd suggest basing the post on Excel's rules from previous months), checking throughout the month to make sure people are following the rules and sticking to the theme, and at the end of the month post a new thread with all of the pics from the month, accepting pm's with people's votes, tabulating the votes to find the winner, and posting the winner's piece.

Again, you could easily look back at the past fanart threads to get a feel for how Excel ran things.

I understand if mods are too busy or if you don't want to move in on Excel's territory, but I'm just hoping something can be worked out.

Excel has provided a really fun monthly contest for the past few years, and I hoping the tradition can continue."

I'd understand if people, Excel included, would think this is a d!ck move... I can't stress enough that I don't mean it to be taken that way.

Out of respect for Excel, I felt like I should post this request not only hidden in the tech section, but also out in that open in the fanart forum.

Anyway, that's all I had to say.

First, I want to make it clear that it feesl kinda weird to broach this subject because of Excel's history of hard work with the fanart forum.

Having said that, I wanted to be up front about the fact that I posted the following in the tech support section of the 'community' forum:

"First, I want to make it clear I am writing as a fan of Excelsior...

The fanart forum has been one of my favorite board destinations for years, as a result of his efforts, and I don't want that to get lost in the mix.

Anyway, I am just writing to request that another mod think about taking up the monthly fanart contests until Excel has a chance to get stuff worked out.

The voting threads for July and august never went up, and there was no September or October contests, so this is now a four month trend...

I hope most would understand that this request is way of saying just how much fun people have with these contests, rather than some critique of Excel....

I've personally been through times when fanart contests did not rank at the top of my list.

I am just hoping that one of the mods might be able to diplomatically step in and fill Excel's shoes briefly...

In the case that any mod's are unaware of what it would involve, you would post a thread with a theme at the beginning of the month (and I'd suggest basing the post on Excel's rules from previous months), checking throughout the month to make sure people are following the rules and sticking to the theme, and at the end of the month post a new thread with all of the pics from the month, accepting pm's with people's votes, tabulating the votes to find the winner, and posting the winner's piece.

Again, you could easily look back at the past fanart threads to get a feel for how Excel ran things.

I understand if mods are too busy or if you don't want to move in on Excel's territory, but I'm just hoping something can be worked out.

Excel has provided a really fun monthly contest for the past few years, and I hoping the tradition can continue."

I'd understand if people, Excel included, would think this is a d!ck move... I can't stress enough that I don't mean it to be taken that way.

Out of respect for Excel, I felt like I should post this request not only hidden in the tech section, but also out in that open in the fanart forum.

Anyway, that's all I had to say.

I second that.

good work Matt

i was thinking of posting something like that myself

does anyone know what's up with Excel? is he ok? i hope so... and i would also love to get the fanart contests back up and running.

I want the contest and excel back

HEY GANG,
I'VE MADE A POST IN THE EXCELSIOR 'PLEASE READ' THREAD... that addresses these issues!

CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"