The Dazzler/Alison Blaire Thread

Reaction score
Before Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Britney Spears topped the pop charts worldwide, there was Alison Blaire - X-Men's queen of pop. The popstar eXtraordinaire unfortunately only had a cameo in the flopped X-Men movie, Dark PhoeniX. Do you want Dazzler to Storm the MCU charts? Which genre should her debut album be?

Who will be the MCU Dazzler?

Solo musical Dazzler film needs to happen!

Get the Wanda Vision/ Frozen songwriters to write the musical numbers too. Since it's now under Disney, they have a lot of experience with musical films so this should do well. But if not a movie then it definitely needs to be a Disney+ TV series.

Get the Wanda Vision/ Frozen songwriters to write the musical numbers too. Since it's now under Disney, they have a lot of experience with musical films so this should do well. But if not a movie then it definitely needs to be a Disney+ TV series.
Good point, I didn’t think of the Disney link but that should make it easier for them to make it a quality production with all their experience in that area.

I would hope that 2 other things come out of a MCU Dazzler project:

1. A Dazzler soundtrack with chart topping songs in their own right
2. A Dazzler stage musical using all these songs and additional ones.

I hope they have many allusions to the Roller Disco era.

In fact, Kylie Minogue's "Disco" album from 2020 is full of fantastic retro disco-era songs but with a modern spin. Would be even worth getting her to write some of the material or using her as an inspiration. This music video of hers looks so Dazzler-ish with all the lights and strobes:

Lily would be great, although there might be higher profile CBM roles for her. She’s already been good in a musical too.

I would hope that 2 other things come out of a MCU Dazzler project:

1. A Dazzler soundtrack with chart topping songs in their own right
2. A Dazzler stage musical using all these songs and additional ones.

I hope they have many allusions to the Roller Disco era.

In fact, Kylie Minogue's "Disco" album from 2020 is full of fantastic retro disco-era songs but with a modern spin. Would be even worth getting her to write some of the material or using her as an inspiration. This music video of hers looks so Dazzler-ish with all the lights and strobes:

I think 1 and 2 would be ideal. I’d love to see a musical.

I for one don't want a Marvel musical movie.

What I want to see is Dazzler joined the X-Men and become a Breakthrough character or be famous like Black Widow.

Would be nice if they went back to the original conception of the character before her official comics debut and made her black in the MCU:

From Grace Jones to Bo Derek: 40 Years of Marvel's Dazzler
“Tom DeFalco came up to me and said, ‘We have to create a character who goes to clubs,’” recalled Romita. “This was in the late ‘70s. He said, ‘Do what you can and come up with something ... I want a female character that goes to clubs that you see all the time.’ Hanging out in New York in the ‘70s and ‘80s at the clubs, I saw Grace Jones. That’s the first thing I thought of. Her hair was buzzed, stunningly beautiful, statuesque. [She] wore this skintight outfit, she was on roller skates. I said ‘this is the character.’”

Funny enough, she also slightly inspired the look of Rogue when she first appeared, although the illustrator, Michael Golden, didn’t know what she looked like, so he just guessed at it, and we got what we got.

To think, back in the 80s, we almost could’ve had two other female black superheroes as X-Men.

Last edited:
I loved her stint as X-Man in the Outback team, so just make Dazzler an X-Man. No solo movies.

The casting must never forget Leah Williams pitch for X-terminators.

The main reason Dazzler might be at all a priority for a solo would be the musical angle and the media opportunities with that (I think it could be an awesome way to get young kids interested too - a bit like Hannah Montana). Obviously she is not one of the leading X-Men characters otherwise.

Its definitely not because she's large/important enough to headline a solo movie.

Anyway I'd like to see Dazzler become full time X-Woman. Even in the comics, she is not really seen that much as part of the X-Men after the 80s.

She could just play an obscure X-Men character like Lifeguard or Husk.

a great way to introduce dazzler would be to use social media or something in a film/show. during Miss Marvel, people were recording her using her powers; it went viral.

imagine a concert, up and coming artist or a semi-big artist going by Dazzler. the power goes out at the venue, but the lights and effects never stop. she's outed. crowd freaks out, riots etc. people record it and it goes viral. she could be the first big name celeb outed as a mutant, or again, this could be a small music scene that just exploded after this.

i don't think she needs to be typecast as an actual singer just for name dropping, but if the artist can act and sing, why not?
oddly, my first thought was JoJo lol (not Siwa)
second thought; Siwa dresses like i'd expect an 80s dazzler to lol, but still, i prefer Aquamarine JoJo

Hmm it depends on who will be the famous popstars or actresses that can sing when Marvel Studios' X-Men start casting.

But I think Dazzler would be a great use for viral marketing. These days, companies use TikTok for viral marketing. Not sure if TikTok would still be relevant several years from now.

singing isn't necessarily a requirement; there is lip syncing a la Rebecca Ferguson in Greatest Showman. I'd rather have someone who can act over someone who can sing. if they can do both, that's a definite plus

I will definitely prefer performance ability than singing ability. I imagine Dazzler, if she's a popstar in the movies, to be like a superb performer like Britney Spears and Kylie Minogue. I think if they can find an actress or singer like that for Dazzler, it would be great casting.

whereas i was thinking on the other side of the spectrum, like an up and comer artist character rather than a superstar, but i guess that doesn't mean that a superstar couldn't play the part.
Hayley Williams from Paramore could be fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"