The DC Backup Features: Good move or *****?

Still, I don't understand why they don't just put Robinson's backup in...Robinson's book. Wouldn't that make more sense?

So, these are like 10 pages. I was looking at upcoming Teen Titans solicits to determine whether it was worth picking the book back up after the Titans/Vigilante crossover next month and they say that the "backups" are actually 10-page co-features--a full third of the actual content in the comic. So now it's great for Booster Gold because it's almost like a BG/BB double-feature with each in their own substantially sized story, it sucks for Teen Titans because Ravager's gonna eat up a whole third of the comic, and I almost reconsidered Action Comics for the Captain Atom thing.

God, Teen Titans. It's a ****ing parody of itself now. Guess what happens in the latest Annual and issues? Cyborg, possessed by Jericho, attacks Titans Tower and blows things up. Like anything else has been happening at all in the last ****ing forever besides former teammates turning evil blowing up the tower.

Oh and we get gems like this:

45701919.jpg

****ing **** when is the next writer going to come.

I have an idea what she could change into, but then it'd just turn into a big ol' Clockwork Orange parody. It'd probably shut him up, though.

I love Blue Beetle, but I simply cannot stand Booster Gold... so I'm afraid I'm going to say "nay"...

:o

But Teen Titans has Lorena in it now. I must continue to buy it :cmad:

I really want to know who the next writer is so I can decide whether I want to read TT again after McKeever's off.

I really want to know who the next writer is so I can decide whether I want to read TT again after McKeever's off.

There are some wild rumours that Marc Andreyko (guy who did Manhunter) will be the next writer of TT. And at the 'Bloc forums he showed some interest.

Based on Manhunter and his Nightwing Annual, I would love Andreyko to write Teen Titans!

I knew it was Jason something. Why this character is not used more is beyond me.

Well, what a coincidence:

For those who don't know, a virtual series is essentially a scripted series designed to act/look like a television show that just hasn't been filmed. Bard Investigations, created by yours truly, focuses on the character of Jason Bard and his investigations in Gotham City.

It's only just been picked up, due to air next year.

Well, random ass thread to bump to promote that, but I guess we could use to talk about co-features/backups impressions since they've been going awhile. So, how have people been enjoying them?

I pick up Detective and Doom Patrol. The Question is alright, but nothing particularly special, especially compared to Rucka's previous work with Renee. Metal Men is awesome, I have loved each backup as much as the main DP feature.

Well, random ass thread to bump to promote that, but I guess we could use to talk about co-features/backups impressions since they've been going awhile. So, how have people been enjoying them?

I pick up Detective and Doom Patrol. The Question is alright, but nothing particularly special, especially compared to Rucka's previous work with Renee. Metal Men is awesome, I have loved each backup as much as the main DP feature.
Good idea that sometimes becomes annoying because of the logistics involved.

I've only read Detective and I don't hate it, but it's unnecessary. I'd tolerate it if it wasn't every issue. Tell a story when there's something to talk about so it could switch between 2.99 and 3.99.

I'm sure DC wanted to increase prices anyway to stay competitive with Marvel, so it's better to get a little something extra than just have the price hike on its own.

That said, it can get annoying if you want to read a backup but not the main story or vice-versa. You're stuck either missing both or paying extra for one.

I must agree. I thought I would like this, but I ended up dropping two titles because I either hated the main story or the backup. I just hope that they'll do something with this Metal Men backup at some point, because it's great fun.

I'm sure DC wanted to increase prices anyway to stay competitive with Marvel, so it's better to get a little something extra than just have the price hike on its own.

More or less how I see it, too. I mean I think it's obvious that these hikes are happening in some way or form. Even if I'm not a huge fan of said backups I think it's at least a good gesture on DC's part to give you extra content for extra charge

I've only read Detective and I don't hate it, but it's unnecessary. I'd tolerate it if it wasn't every issue. Tell a story when there's something to talk about so it could switch between 2.99 and 3.99.

Completely agree. Same goes for Street of Gotham. They're interesting,sure, but why can't I just pay $3 for the main story and an extra $1 if I want the back-up?

It seems like the obvious solution to this would be to take the backups and make them a short-story series on their own. But, of course, those series never sell well. :o

It seems like the obvious solution to this would be to take the backups and make them a short-story series on their own. But, of course, those series never sell well. :o

True. Still, you'd think DC would be the better ones for not spiking their prices. I mean, hell, Green Arrow and Black Canary doesn't even have a back-up feature. It's just a small continuation of the main story. It says the second feature is Black Canaray, but alas it isn't. Yet again, Joe Qiesada strikes and ruins everything :csad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"