The DCU Anew: An Ultimate DC RPG Recruitment

Batman

Dramatic Example
Reaction score
ultbanners2.png

The Ultimate DC RPG - Where Legends Are Made

It's first incarnation founded in 2005, lasting well enough for a good two and a half seasons, a relaunch in 2009 proved more than successful in revitalizing the concept and finally succeeded where the former had failed in creating an exciting, fresh, and cohesive take on the DC Universe as we know it. Designed to take a cue from the Marvel imprint of the same name and put it through the roleplaying wringer, Ultimate DC takes icons such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, and The Justice League, among others, and places them in the world of the 2010's, reinterpreting the legends in a way that's both contemporary and unique.

Why Ultimate? Because when it comes to the merits of creativity, nothing compares to the sensation of being given absolute freedom to re-create the world of the DC Universe. With the constraints of continuity erased, players are allowed to take the basics of each character - hero, villain, or walking the line - and do whatever they want to improve upon the origins, personalities, costumes, and other elements of the mythology behind DC. You don't know much about a character, but still hold an interest? You don't need to be an expert. Literally everything in this game is up to you to create however you see fit.

Three years ago, society was made aware that costumed vigilantes and superpowered monstrosities were no longer the stuff of fiction. With the arrival of Metropolis' mysterious alien visitor who called himself Superman, others followed suite to join in or against the pursuit of justice. In the corrupt Gotham City, a feared and hated Dark Knight Detective roams the shadows and inspires more evil than the good he intended. Central City speaks of a superhumanly fast teenage prodigy who stops criminals in their tracks within the blink of an eye. With the Gods as the source of her power, the reincarnation of their championed Wonder Woman soars high above the clouds. And within the vast reaches of space, the colorful spectrum of the Galactic Lantern Corps stand united against threats far and wide.

Now it's your turn to build upon the myths that have helped shape comic books for the last seventy years. With so many characters left to choose from and so many unique reinterpretations waiting to be built upon, the Ultimate DC Universe needs you to help complete the puzzle.

So join now, and leave your mark on a new DCU forever...

The New Ultimate DC RPG - Season II, Sign Up/OOC Thread
List of Established Characters - Updated as of 6/11/11

Or just follow the story!

The New Ultimate DC RPG - Season II, IC Thread
The New Ultimate DC RPG - Season I, IC Thread

I'm coming back with Boy Blue some point soon.

At some point? Some point as in the next few days? Because MB does not like to hear that news. It makes him upset. When he gets upset, I get physical. :cmad:

At some point? Some point as in the next few days? Because MB does not like to hear that news. It makes him upset. When he gets upset, I get physical. :cmad:

Yes, in the next few days.

I'll poke around and see what can be done with Dinah..

That's hot. :fhm:

:cmad:

I see how it is, people! Y'all can burn! Burn, for all I care!

:csad:

I'll take a look to see if there's anyone that holds my interest

I still love you, MB!

...orally.

It sucks that Superman is already taken!

Well, the RPG is over two years old. You can't expect Superman to stay on the table that long.

It sucks that Superman is already taken!

Maybe there is a character from the Superman mythos that you can try to re-introduce in your own way. I'm sure that so long as you run the idea via PM to the player playing Ultimate Superman--Spikex1--that you can see how the collaboration can go down. When I first joined these games years ago I wanted to play Batman in a different RPG and he was taken. Then I found a love for the character Red Hood and made a good run with that character in different seasons.

Never know what will happen, bud.

Maybe there is a character from the Superman mythos that you can try to re-introduce in your own way. I'm sure that so long as you run the idea via PM to the player playing Ultimate Superman--Spikex1--that you can see how the collaboration can go down. When I first joined these games years ago I wanted to play Batman in a different RPG and he was taken. Then I found a love for the character Red Hood and made a good run with that character in different seasons.

What he said

Well, the RPG is over two years old. You can't expect Superman to stay on the table that long.
Yeah, I know. :(

What he said
Alright, thanks, guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back