BvS The Death of Superman!

Rodrigo90

Wink wink ;)
Reaction score
Yay or nay?

Should our Man of Steel meet his maker in this movie?

140bt3b.gif

Maybe. I think it's too soon but if they can find a way then I'm for it.

Preferably not.

Get people emotionally invested in the character with BvS and JL, and save that storyline for MOS 2.

I'm all for it to be honest.
Sure, he may be back right as rain in the Justice League and we can ask
"Was it all for nothing?"

Bur why do we never question that with his return in the comics?
I don't care if he's the founding member, the JL forming in honor of his death is probably even better if handled well.

It was awesome when Gandalf died and returned within the space of two movies ;)

It was in that fake script, so chances are its not happening in the movie. which would be a relief.

I'm not against it.

As long as its as good as Bats getting his back broken in TDKR.

Why??! The obsession over this...

Last edited:
While fascinating to see if done properly. I agree that at this point he has only begun it's too early to kill him off. Even with a plausible resurrection. I think it would be off putting to general movie goers.

Cavill's Superman will have two years of experience in B vs S, so he hasn't "only begun"

Bale's Batman only had a year and half of crimefighting time, with an eight year break, and Nolan still had Bane break his back.

I'd kill him now if I could!

I don't see what's so bad about. He dies at the end. The Justice League of America form in his wake.
Before the credits roll, Superman's grave is disturbed...and Voldermort steals the Elder Wand from his cold dead hands...only then for Lex to remove the body :)

Personally I think it would be better to go the other way and have Batman sacrifice himself to show the world that Superman is truly the light in the darkness.

:whatever: Two years of experience means jackcrap to the viewing audience, if we haven't actually seen those years portrayed onscreen.

If this Superman died, I'm not sure if I'd really be like, "Nooooooo!" I think the League starting as a memorial to him is a bad idea and I also think that any "Death of Superman" would just be a further dive down in the bleak waters this franchise is already in. When I finish a Superman story, I want to think that good things do happen and good people are always there. Watching Lois and Ma cry over some temporary grave is nothing I'm interested in.

I dont think they will kill Supes in bvs. Hes just getting started in our eyes, i think it would be too early. But eventually i would like the All-Star Superman ending, i prefer him to die by the Sun rather than Doomsday.

Well how many years is appropriate for a character to die in? :o
He dies in 2016, he's back for 2017! It's not that big a deal to me.

I just feel like that is too soon/quick to kill him and bring him back to have a strong emotional impact with fans. I think id be more cool with it if he died at the END of the JL movie by doomsday perhaps. just a tad too soon imo

Well how many years is appropriate for a character to die in? :o
He dies in 2016, he's back for 2017! It's not that big a deal to me.

I'd rather he "die" in the true MOS sequel they're rumored to happen. Not this one.

I feel that even non Superman fans are familiar with the Death of Superman storyline. It seems to easy of a place to go, and for that reason at this point I say no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"