• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Diamond List for September 7th, 2011

HAUNT #18 (likely an error; the very late HAUNT #17 just came out this week)
HEROES FOR HIRE #11
THUNDERBOLTS #163

Maybe's:
JUSTICE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL #1
SPIDER-ISLAND: AVENGERS #1

A very small week. For professional review purposes I usually prefer about 3-4 comics to review, so that is really the only reason why these two Maybe's are there. Chris Yost and Mike McKone sound like an okay creative team, and I have to say a story that promises the alliance of Ms. Marvel, Jewel, Hawkeye, Squirrel-Girl and Frog-Man has my interest. Ironically, two of those were Defenders too!

JLI #1 is there only because it's Dan Jurgens and he will likely pick up with Booster Gold there where he left off, but if it isn't Giffen/Dematteis on JLI, it's usually average at best.

Last edited:
If Bendis is good at anything, it's writing Matt Murdock. Daredevil is joining the team, so I'm on that ****.
So that means it's one/sevenths good. :confused:

Some additional comics coming out Wednesday I'm getting:

COMICS

BOYS #58
ELRIC THE BALANCE LOST #3
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT IRIS #3
GARTH ENNIS JENNIFER BLOOD #4 - (Seems like the last issue came out quite a while ago.)
GRIM GHOST #4
IRREDEEMABLE #29
KIRBY GENESIS #3
PATRICIA BRIGGS MERCY THOMPSON MOON CALLED #8
WALTER KOENIG THINGS TO COME #1

Also, from Image:

50 GIRLS 50 #4 (OF 4) $2.99
MORNING GLORIES #12

A lot of there comics, naturally, are delayed, like Haunt #18. That company just can't put things out on time. If it shows up on the list, you just KNOW it's not coming out.

Nice, JH. I see you did well, even kept the video tradition going :)

ACTION COMICS #1 $3.99
ANIMAL MAN #1 $2.99
IZOMBIE #17 (MR) $2.99
STORMWATCH #1 $2.99
SWAMP THING #1 $2.99
CASANOVA AVARITIA #1 (OF 4) (MR) $4.99 (This will be awesome, but **** this pricetag)

Maybe:
MEN OF WAR #1 $3.99
OMAC #1 $2.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"