The Diamond List for Feburary 23rd, 2011

Well, obviously, but it goes to that in just 2 more issues or something. If you plan to stick around, you might as well finish up the run.

Given that THOR is $3.99, I am reconsidering sticking around. I did that on INVINCIBLE IRON MAN and I can't say my sense of closure for that was worth the extra $12 or so it took to get there. Given that I've often had no love lost for Thor for periods of my life, it may be easier to cut cold turkey.

I lost interest in Hiro-Kala like 2 issues into Skaar, so I'll probably never bother to pick up "Dark Son" anyway. I think I will continue with Incredible Hulks for now, though. I'm glad to see they're at least treating Betty like the nutjob she is as Red She-Hulk. The characters are still true to themselves, despite there being so goddamn many of them.

You read Incredible Hulk 601 until just before it started crossing over with Loeb's stuff right? If so then I at least suggest picking up the last issue of Incredible Hulk that had the big Skaar/Hulk fight. It was fantastic and maybe my favorite comic of 2010 (if not then at least top 3)

I'll consider it. I don't usually go back and pick up old comics on ongoing series. I just jump back on and read from there.

MARVEL COMICS
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #655 BIG $3.99
AVENGERS #10 $3.99
IRON MAN THOR #4 (OF 4) $3.99
SECRET AVENGERS #10 $3.99

Decent sized week for me. Thanks Tron

Art of George Perez HC. WANT!!!! But probably can't afford. (sigh)

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS #20 $2.99
AGE OF X ALPHA #1 2ND PTG CONRAD VAR (PP #956) $3.99-Maybe
CAPTAIN AMERICA #615 $3.99
DEADPOOL #33 $2.99
DEADPOOL TEAM-UP #884 $2.99
SECRET AVENGERS #10 $3.99
UNCANNY X-MEN #533 $3.99
X-MEN LEGACY #245 AGEX $2.99

MARVEL COMICS

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #655
ASTONISHING X-MEN #36
AVENGERS #10
CAPTAIN AMERICA #615
DEADPOOL #33
DEADPOOL CORPS #11
DEADPOOL TEAM-UP #884
FANTASTlC FOUR #588
HALO FALL OF REACH BOOT CAMP #4
INCREDIBLE HULKS #623
INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #501
IRON MAN 2.0 #1
IRON MAN THOR #4
NAMOR FIRST MUTANT #7
NEW MUTANTS #22
ORSON SCOTT CARDS SPEAKER FOR DEAD #2
POWER MAN AND IRON FIST #2
PUNISHER IN BLOOD #4
SECRET AVENGERS #10
SPIDER-MAN #11
THOR #620
ULTIMATE COMICS DOOM #3
ULTIMATE COMICS SPIDER-MAN #154
UNCANNY X-MEN #533
WARRIORS THREE #4
X-23 #6
X-MEN #8
X-MEN LEGACY #245
X-MEN TO SERVE AND PROTECT #4

TOP OF THE PILE:

SCALPED #46

If I could only buy one comic, it would probably be this. Awesome stuff.

DEFINITE BUYS:

AMERICAN VAMPIRE #12
ACTION COMICS #898
DETECTIVE COMICS #874
MORNING GLORIES #7
TURF #4
THE SIXTH GUN #9

POSSIBLE BUYS:

INFINITE VACATION #2

I wanted to read the first issue, but I wasn't able to get it in any of Glasgow's comic shops. If the second issue is available, I might buy it then get issue #1 on eBay.

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #501
THOR #620

These two books remain on the borderline for me. I feel like both have the potential to be great, and are perennially on the cusp of taking it to the next level. But with my pull list growing and my storage space dwindling, I don't know how much longer I can afford to stick with a comic that's not totally grabbing me anymore.

Last edited:
American vampire #12 (mr)
amazing spider-man #655 big
fantastic four #588 three
ultimate comics spider-man #154 dosm

I'd actually encourage people to drop Thor if I weren't aware that it's exponentially more difficult for comic series to recover from big sales dips than it is to make it up to high sales in the first place, and even that ain't no cakewalk at the moment. I want Marvel to see that Fraction's run sucks via the sales charts, but not if it means Thor would potentially never climb back up and wind up getting canceled for another couple years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"