The Did You Know? thread...

These aren't really "ideas" though (I know if you break it down you could use the dictionary to say they're ideas, since technically an idea can just be anything the brain is thinking, but then everything posted on these boards are an idea regardless of topic). Odd choice of title.

I got excited because I thought this would be a thread about ideas you have for inventions or innovations that you've had on your own, be they silly or maybe kind of good.

That would be stupid. Then somebody would steal them. :o

I'm a dummy, I didn't know any of these things. Well, except for 1+1=2, I think.

I know how to do this :

[YT]5erjj6aS5Ws&NR=1[/YT]

That just seems dangerous for a lot of people! To many idiots out there to handle something like that.

I had my doubts about posting it but millions have already seen it. The guy makes a lot of interesting videos , I reccomend his channel.

I had my doubts about posting it but millions have already seen it. The guy makes a lot of interesting videos , I reccomend his channel.

Well HE seems like he knows what he's talking about. I can just see someone trying to make one of his inventions and killing themselves! SMH!

Well HE seems like he knows what he's talking about. I can just see someone trying to make one of his inventions and killing themselves! SMH!

I wouldn't be surprised if it hasn't happened already. I've got [stoner] friends that burnt themselves with regular lighters.

That seems pretty cool. If I was a little more ambitious, I'd give it a try.

this thread either needs a name change or hijacking.

either way i will do a bit of both

did you know an elephant can't jump.

also i have an idea of getting general broadcasting techniques we have at the moment and make tv completely a on-demand system with production team getting higher royalty rewards for their shows and a direct reflection on how well their programmes are doing, like a web-based format.

also i think it would be nice to encorporate cat's eyes type magnetic technolgoy to the road systems so that we could have vehicles that are repelled by them and effectly become frictionless types of transport without the need for a fuel rich propolsuion system.

also a lil device to get ingrown hairs out or help grow your hair straight out, to be fair

Last edited:
today is the birthday of actor, Dick York (best known as the original, Darrin, on "Bewitched") If he were still alive today he would be 83...

I don't understand this thread title :huh:

In laboratory conditions, use of LSD has proven to be extremely effective in curing alcoholism and other addictive behavior. Only it's social stigma of being a street drug keeps it from being used medicinally.

On Star Trek, Captain Kirk never said "Beam me up Scotty."

In laboratory conditions, use of LSD has proven to be extremely effective in curing alcoholism and other addictive behavior. Only it's social stigma of being a street drug keeps it from being used medicinally.

Likewise, MDMA (the core ingrediant in Ecstacy) has been proven to be great for treating depression, post-traumatic stress syndrome and anxiety if used as part of a very measured, responsible program.

OOhhh....I lurves Trivia.
In York, England It's legal to kill a Scotsman with a bow and arrow if he's outside at night.

I don't understand this thread title :huh:
I'm guessing it's a typo. It should be "The 'Did You Know' Thread" instead.

Anyways, did you guys know that the characters in "Saturday Night Fever" were based off of Lou Ferrigno and his family, after the screenwriter of the film saw "Pumping Iron"?

Kevin Conroy and Chris Reeve shared a room in their college dorm when they were studying acting.

George Lucas like adding 'noooooo' to scenes that never really needed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"