The Director Of The Ant-Man And The Wasp Thread

R_Hythlodeus

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Let's start this thread with news from THR:
THR reports that Peyton Reed is in negotiations to return to direct the sequel to Marvel's most recent blockbuster, Ant-Man, which will feature Evangeline Lilly's Hope van Dyne/Wasp in an expanded role.

The first movie had a pretty troubled journey to the screen, and even lost its original director Edgar Wright - but Reed stepped in and did a fine job with the finished product, which was fully embraced by fans and went on to gross $454.7 million worldwide. So, a follow-up movie was an inevitability.

Apparently there are still no writers attached, but Paul Rudd has been confirmed to reprise the role of Scott Lang. Ant-Man And The Wasp is scheduled to be released on on July 6, 2018.

Variety, Deadline and others are starting to pick up on this now too. I'd say it's official.

Yes.:woot: Glad he's coming back. After all that went down with the first film, he deserves the chance to direct the sequel.

Can't wait to see what he does with this one. Do you guys wanna see the "stories" as told by Luis come back?

Yes! He wouldn't be himself if his awesome "stories" didn't come back for the sequel!

so now that we might have a director attached as well as a title and release date, why are we still on the Ant-Man Sequels board?

Also, interesting to see, that MS seems to change their mind about directors and franchises somehow. Jon Favreau and Joss Whedon were the only Phase I directors who got to direct the sequel to their movies. But now it looks like most of the sequels (with the exception of Thor Ragnarök) keep the directors of the last film

Great news. And hopefully he will have the full blessing of fans this time round and not that people are still hankering (no pun intended) for Edgar Wright's Ant-man and the Wasp, ETA 2031. :o

The reaction from the fans at a SDCC will be much more robust, for cast and crew.

The reaction from the fans at a SDCC will be much more robust, for cast and crew.

That's for sure. I hope when Peyton's called out to the stage that he'll get a massively positive response from the crowd with a lot of clapping and cheering.

Glad that he is coming back to direct! The guy deserves it. I hope Adam McKay will be back to work on the screenplay.

So glad he is back, he did great with the first movie, though he was helped a lot with a great script, so hopefully he gets that again this time. His directing was spot on in the first movie though. Glad he is back

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"