The DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs News Hour (TDKNH Network)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I have a couple deceased friends on there as well. Sometimes people post on their page how much they miss them n stuff. It's exceedingly creepy and macabre IMO but people are more concerned about their own feelings than that of the dead. I don't even care though honestly, I gave up on Facebook a few months ago. Haven't signed in since Christmas Eve. My birthday was this past Tuesday and I've thought about getting back on there but, naaah. If people wanna wish me a happy birthday they can call me or text. Life is so much simpler without all that useless knowledge about people I don't even really like rattling around in my head.

I've had a few friends pass away recently and only found out by checking their Facebook. (Haven't talked to them for awhile.)

When I pass away, I'm going to have the wife change my profile picture to my gravestone.

What if a person had sincere religious convictions about serving single mothers? :huh:

There's all sorts of things that a person could conceivably have religious objections about, so allowing people to discriminate against employees or customers on that basis seems arbitrary and stupid.

A hotel owner might also assume that two people of the same gender making reservations for a double occupancy room were gay lovers when in fact they were friends vacationing together. The same goes for people dining together in a restaurant. It's normal among my girlfriends to kiss each other (on the cheek) and hug when we meet for lunch or dinner. What's to stop some moron from assuming that we're lesbians? Not that I'd want to be served by someone so disgustingly bigoted, but it shouldn't ever come down to that. The government should never enable a$$holish behavior under any guise.

Those saying that people should be able to discriminate if they feel their beliefs dictate it should remember that was an excuse used to justify racial discrimination, too. Jim Crow laws were still found to be unconstitutional. It may take a court battle but Arizona's gay Jim Crow legislation will probably fall, too.

I made a cardboard power rangers morpher when I was 12.

Somebody give me a bottle of glue and a trash bin. I feel the muse upon me.

I destroyed a planet when I was 12.

That's not impressive. What would be impressive is being able to fix the braille printer when it breaks.

That really is exceptional, fair play to this young man. His future is really bright, I mean, what an accomplishment.

Although yes, I hate to remind myself that when I was twelve, I...um...wrote fan fictions, original characters and posted them on the Hype boards...

A pizzeria has responded with their own discrimination policy.

Rocco’s Little Chicago Pizzeria in Tucson had a message for the politicians who supported a bill that allows business owners to refuse to serve gays and lesbians.

“We reserve the right to refuse service to Arizona legislators,” the sign read.

“Funny how just being decent is starting to seem radical these days,” the restaurant commented on Facebook.

Owner Rocco DiGrazia said he was appalled that the bill, SB 1062, had passed through both houses of the Arizona legislature.

"The sentiment is that any expansion of discrimination is gonna hurt everybody and open the doors for more," he told AZ Starnet.

After DiGrazia posted his feelings about the bill on the restaurant’s Facebook page, a follower turned his words into a sign. The pizza lover hit print, laminated the sign, and placed it front and center in his restaurant.

Since then, his message has gotten thousands of “likes” and customers are waiting in line for a chance to eat some deep dish and show their support.

:up:

ku-xlarge.jpg

Earlier today, snowboarder Vic Wild narrowly took first place in parallel slalom, picking up his second gold medal of the Sochi Winter Olympics and adding onto Russia's medal lead. Wild was born in White Salmon, Washingt— wait, what?

Vic Wild?

Vic Wild!

Is... that his real name?

If only! Vic Wild was actually born Victor Ivan, but since he's a snowboarder it's really more appropriate if his legal last name is "Wild."

If he was born in Washington, how did he end up in Russia?

The short version of the story is that he married his longtime girlfriend and fellow snowboarder Alena Zavarzina (who won a bronze medal today), which secured him Russian citizenship and allowed him to compete for the country in Sochi.

Okay, why did he end up in Russia?

Wild used to snowboard for America, but he never quite clicked with the United States Ski and Snowboard Association. Wild is alpine snowboarder, which basically means that he snows down mountains and around flags at really high speeds. But alpine snowboarding involves no halfpipes or jumps or 720s, so it lags behind X Games-style events in popularity and funding, even from a national organization.

So he was just really frustrated with the system?

Exactly. Wild says that when he was competing with the Americans, he lacked things like dedicated coaching and even travel arrangements. For instance, the USSA had a budget of $24.1 million in 2012, but used to spend less than $150,000 on alpine snowboarding.

Used to?

Well, America doesn't have an alpine snowboarding program anymore: it was dissolved in 2010 after the winter Olympics in Vancouver. So in 2011, faced with retiring from snowboarding or figuring out another way to compete internationally, Wild moved to Russia with his wife.

...And Russia just accepted him onto its Olympic team?

More or less. Russia has poured millions of dollars into its sports programs in order to have a good showing as host country, but Wild has also steadily improved: he won bronze at the 2013 World Championships and won a World Cup event a few weeks before Sochi.

Well, that sucks for us.

Yep! But Wild, as snowboarders often are, seems pretty chill about the whole thing now. "It has nothing to do with the United States itself. It only has something to do with the nonprofit organization, the USSA. They didn't give me what I needed," he said after the race today. "That's cool. I'm stoked for them. They've done a great job at these Olympics. They're amazing. They do a great job. But not everybody can be happy. I had to make my decision. And I'm very happy that I did that."

Just for the record, what's the medal count after Wild won his second gold today?

Russia is in the overall medal lead with 29 medals. In the second is the United States, who is behind by, well, uhhh, two medals.

Commie traitor! Haha just kidding, good for him though. Not many athletes can say they are gold medalist

I used a typewriter when I was twelve. Also I didn't invent things unless it involved the use of my action figures.

A dual citizenship is an awesome thing to have if you're an athlete.

I don't know how it works, to be honest. This guy had clearly competed for the US before and then switched to Russia. Maybe it's only for certain international events, like the Olympics, that once you choose a country you have to stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"