The DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs News Hour (TDKNH Network)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I guess its fine. I've never really cared too much about my Facebook though, it's just sitting there collecting trophies and achievements. Which makes it look kind of depressing because it seems like nothing else is going on in my life.

It just promotes hatred. Are these businesses going to have a discrimination sign outside the door?! How awful.

My facebook doesn't have any trophies. Am I doing something wrong :confused:

Oh I've never even seen these trophies on there. I thought you might of gotten an extraordinary amount of likes or something.

Would you be fine with a law that said it is ok to do such a thing based on race or gender? Because there is plenty of parts in the bible that you can twist and use if you want.

Exactly. This law is not fine. It's seriously wrong.

It's human nature to exploit. Give them an inch they take a mile, so this awful law will be abused.

The people who pushed, signed, and supported this law are just such enormous, colossal cowards hiding behind their laughably hypocritical talk about "discrimination" and their pseudo-Christianity.

If you hate gays, come out and say it and at least have enough testicles to be honest. Don't hide behind pretending to be religious and a bunch of gobbly **** about protecting people.

The people supporting this law couldn't give a rat's ass about the Bible or Christianity, and they couldn't give a rat's ass about discrimination or protecting Americans from "segregation". They hate gays and want to see them run out of town on a rail. A thin (very thin) veil of religiosity, in their mind, gives them a cover of moral legitimacy for them to dress up their hatred and ignorance with a lot of pretty words they don't even believe in.

It's so transparently hypocritical and false.

And if I wanted to eat at a certain restaurant in Arizona, I certainly would not want to be told by a member of the lowest common denominator that I "can't" eat there. People that far beneath a reasonable level of intelligence and education should sit down and shut up and keep their greasy hands on making my food and not presume to tell people what to do.

Last edited:
If that is art, then I'm rich. I have several of these "works" scattered throughout my house.

Who the hell decides crumpled newspaper, cardboard, and cookie installation is worth $15,000?

Maybe she thought it was trash because that's what it looks like.

I hope the artist himself accepts this as part of the creative lifecycle of his work. I would be happy about this if I were him.

I wouldn't even go to Arizona before this law past. Now I definitely won't. And I'm not even gay.

This is a bad, mean-spirited and malicious law, but it is a response to an issue that is not going away any time soon. Both the gay community and fundamentalist Christians would benefit from a moderate, well-thought-out law that spells out the rights and responsibilities of both sides.

What if a person had sincere religious convictions about serving single mothers? :huh:

There's all sorts of things that a person could conceivably have religious objections about, so allowing people to discriminate against employees or customers on that basis seems arbitrary and stupid.

Being religious does not entitle you to be a dick to paying customers just because you don't like the way they live (or how you assume they live).

The arrogance and entitlement of the conservative Christian right-wing got old a looooong time ago.

Religious belief should NOT put into consideration when deciding the law if that religious belief is based on prejudice. The ones that discriminate has to deal with it, not the ones being discriminating.

What if a person had sincere religious convictions about serving single mothers? :huh:

There's all sorts of things that a person could conceivably have religious objections about, so allowing people to discriminate against employees or customers on that basis seems arbitrary and stupid.

Let me pose this question to you: suppose a very devout Roman Catholic ran a bakery.

A woman he knows to be a single mother in the middle of divorce proceedings comes in every week and purchases bread and cookies that he normally makes every day. He has no problem serving her, he would not refuse anybody a service he would provide anyone else, just because of who they are.

One day, the same woman comes in because she was planning a party with her girlfriends celebrating the finalization of her divorce. She wants to order big custom-made cake, and specifically asks him to pipe the message "Congratulations on your no-fault divorce," into the icing.

He refuses, because as a Roman Catholic, he cannot help someone celebrate something that is a sin in his eyes.

Should this baker be sued or fined for refusing the second transaction? Is the second transaction fundamentally different in nature than the first? Can there be a legal distinction made between the first and the second?

So given the wording of this law, does this mean that I can start a business in Arizona and deny service to Christians and Republicans, because their way of life goes against my religious beliefs?

Because if so... I may just take advantage of that fact.

I'm absolutely cool with this, I'd like for my great great great grandkids to be able to look at my profile and see what I was all about

That's the way I see it too. I kind of like this idea. It could be of great use to future historians.

I have a couple of deceased friends who's profiles are still around.

[YT]0YfnKB1zWOU[/YT]

With only a $350 Mindstorms LEGO set and a head full of smarts, California seventh grader Shubham Banerjee built a fully functioning Braille printer, normally priced upwards of $2,000.

The invention, which Banerjee explains in the tutorial video above and is affectionately named Braigo, is on its early stages and operates at a slower pace than the average Braille printer, but really, what have you done lately?

Banerjee spoke with NPR regarding his device, claiming that in the future he'd like to aim toward a career as either an "engineer, surgeon, or scientist," but he was leaning toward becoming an engineer. The Braigo printer has a Facebook page for updates, and it's replete with heartwarming commentary from Banerjee's family and friends. The kids are all right, after all.

http://www.sfgate.com/technology/bu...rinters-Cost-Thousands-Of-Dollars-5245976.php

And what exactly did you accomplish when you were 12?

The cleaning lady did the museum a favor by taking out that rubbish. Maybe she should start a new career as an art critic because she has better taste than most of the people working that con today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"