The E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) thread

Would be nice if the Ubisoft and MS streams are still done on the days they were supposed to for E3

I'm almost kind of relieved E3 was cancelled this year. I'm really pissed about CinemaCon since I built my whole calendar this month around it.

Apparently the Microsoft conference will bleed directly into the Bethesda conference. They will be separate but the Bethesda one will start immediately after the Microsoft one.

Apparently the Microsoft conference will bleed directly into the Bethesda conference. They will be separate but the Bethesda one will start immediately after the Microsoft one.
Nice. Will feel like the old days, with conferences on top of each other. :D

That’s good, it would be wonderful to have something to look forward to again

Ok with Take-Two being at E3 this year I’m thinking or hoping that they announce those rumored remasters of the GTA 3 Trilogy and GTA 4: The Complete Edition on PS4 or even PS5 or both I will lose my **** lol.

I mean they could surprise us and announce GTA 6 but idk. I mean I’ve been waiting for a remaster of GTA 4 since the PS4 era.

I mean it’s still my favorite GTA game. I really think Nico Bellic’s story and the two DLC marked a turn in Maturity for the franchise that took a step backwards with GTA 5 going back to a more maybe not silly but obviously a less serious game than 4.

I mean I love 5 and the world even the story was ok but compared to GTA 4, The Lost and the Damed and The Balled of Gay Tony( even though that storyline was crazy I still felt that it still kept that gritty tone from the main game and previous DLC ).

Story wise the Base game and the two DLC which basically told one epic gritty story blew GTA 5 story out of the water for me at least. So whatever happens at E3 hopefully it’s GTA 6 or those remasters that they announce because that’s all I care about lol or hell a RDR1 or RDR2 remaster with the latter seemingly also likely.

Last edited:
A GTA 6 announcemeng is not happening when the neXt gen version of GTA 5 is not yet released. And GTA V remaster doesn't even have a date. I thought it could have been released by now. A rumour for GTA 6 also mentioned that as a reason why there won't be a GTA 6 announcement this year. If rumours are true GTA VI would be announced late neXt year for a late 2023 release and thats IF the game isn't heavily affected by Covid.

As for remasters, Take Two should definitely task someone to remaster the older GTA games or at least GTA IV especially with the sales of GTA V. I don't know why they aren't trying to squeeze more money from people by releasing ps4 ports to their older GTA games. Capcom, Ubisoft and Sony did that to their ps2/3 games.

A GTA 6 announcemeng is not happening when the neXt gen version of GTA 5 is not yet released. And GTA V remaster doesn't even have a date. I thought it could have been released by now. A rumour for GTA 6 also mentioned that as a reason why there won't be a GTA 6 announcement this year. If rumours are true GTA VI would be announced late neXt year for a late 2023 release and thats IF the game isn't heavily affected by Covid.

As for remasters, Take Two should definitely task someone to remaster the older GTA games or at least GTA IV especially with the sales of GTA V. I don't know why they aren't trying to squeeze more money from people by releasing ps4 ports to their older GTA games. Capcom, Ubisoft and Sony did that to their ps2/3 games.

I have gotten the vibe from Take Two/Rockstar that they are very. . . "forward facing" is the kind way to put it, "contemptuous of retro gaming" would be the less kind way. Compared to the average big studio, they want people to buy and value "new", modern, cutting edge games, and not value anything older than a certain point, even their own work. Neophilia gone metastatic, though whether its an internal corporate culture thing, or a marketing angle, or both, I can't say. Rereleasing their own PS2 titles would suggest that people should buy older games, as opposed to only buying new games, which would go against that cultural belief and that marketing angle.

Not that this is rare in the industry. After all, most of the industry pushes the idea that This Hot New Game With Bleeding Graphics is something that you need to buy day 1. . . and then drops the price in mere months. You can't do that for years without eventually conditioning the audience to believe that only new things are worthwhile, assuming this isn't deliberate intent ( which IMO it usually is ).

I don't even care if they remaster it, I'd be fine with Rockstar just putting GTA IV on the Playstation Store. I bought the GTA Trilogy Remastered when it was on sale last month and it got me in the mood to play GTA IV. I still have it for Xbox 360, but it's in storage and the console has seen better days. On the same subject, I'd also be cool with them adding a downloadable copy of Red Dead Redemption to the PS store as opposed to it just being on PSNow.

Yeah make GTA IV and RDR1 compatible for ps4 even if its just digital download only.

Side note: the packaging for GTA V/RDR2/Mafia 3 for the standard edition is just great. T2 really made an effort to include a physical map. Only few publishers are putting some effort into physical copies these days. Some games don't even have a piece of white paper inside the case.

The Microsoft conference is expected to be on Sunday June 13th.

I have a very good feeling about this years e3. I feel like it’s going to be an extra good one this year

Some people have started calling it the name “Super Nintendo Switch” which I would love. Any link to one of my favourite all-time consoles would be great.

I have a very good feeling about this years e3. I feel like it’s going to be an extra good one this year
The virus might have delayed a bunch of things but I do think this will be one of the best generations ever once it really gets going. There’s a chance all 3 of the big console providers will enjoy success while pc will get the boost from the powerful cards once chips are properly back in supply.

Hopefully GotG isn't a GaaS...

I have heard about the gotg reveal from YouTube. Aside from Spider-Man 2, thats the only triple A Marvel game we know of. It would be nice to finally get some official announcement. I hope this looks much better than that Telltale game, I couldn't bother to pick that up.

Some people have started calling it the name “Super Nintendo Switch” which I would love. Any link to one of my favourite all-time consoles would be great.
I'm calling it Super Switch as it sounds catchier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"