The Daily Planet - Superman News and Speculation Thread

I know many here and beyond would love nothing more than for the narrative to be that the dislike is mostly or only fueled by Snyder fans or fans of Man of Steel. Heck, I'm a Man of Steel fan and I think the suit looks fine. Good, not great.

But when you've got the likes of Forbes writing articles saying that the image looks like AI, that narrative doesn't fly.

James Gunn’s First ‘Superman’ Image Looks Like AI, And The Suit Doesn’t Fit

Have people never worn clothes before? Most things are not skin tight...they bunch up especially if you have muscles.

And good lord the overuse of "it must be AI" is already getting annoying on so many fronts.

Even perusing these forums for more than 2-3 minutes will easily dispell the idea that it's only or mainly Snyder fans doing the suit down lol. Snyder fans are always the whipping boys, no matter the situation.
They earned it. Lets not rewrite history even I as a Snyder fan could not stand 3/4 of the Snyder loudmouths that posted here and on Twitter. The second he started placating him was the second he lost all credibility. Its also why he will only make second rate Netflix films for the rest of his career.

I like David’s look as Superman. He looks like a different person then he was when he was cast 10 months ago. I was worried he couldn’t bulk up. The suit takes time to get used too. Reminds me of Patterson’s Batman cowl reveal and Joker reveal without the music. You put some action and music in the reveal I think people would have loved it. Most of the general audience appears to think the suit is ok. I think it’s great. The symbol looks perfect on his chest and he appears to have a long cape and the red shorts. I looked at the pictures multiple time and what really caught my eye is the damage to top of the suit. The suit damage makes the color a little wonky but you can see that lower suit color is exact blue color of the symbol reveal. On a side not Corenswet and Patterson would be perfect together.

Last edited:
They earned it. Lets not rewrite history even I as a Snyder fan could not stand 3/4 of the Snyder loudmouths that posted here and on Twitter. The second he started placating him was the second he lost all credibility. Its also why he will only make second rate Netflix films for the rest of his career.
Regardless, Snyder fans are far from the only ones who have a bad word to say about the suit.

And sorry, but nowhere did I 'rewrite history' or even so much as speak towards any of what you're saying there.

It's been pretty bad. As a fan who loves Snyder and his films, it can get narly to the point I don't even want to post anymore or even partake in debates. I straddle both sides of anticipation and what has come before and can easily separate the two entities that are destined for a collison course. It's not just Snyder fans at this juncture, but subdivisions that make things beyond repairable. Unfortunately, those who have decided to constantly engage in war are here to stay and is something the studio will always have to contend with. Fans will be fans, but Gunn's main focus sorely needs to be on a new; upcoming audience (for the Superman character's sake above all). I still have my slight worries.

I wonder what David's Clark will be like now?

I always preferred the version where Clark is who he is with Superman just giving him an outlet to use his abilities.

Or at least just have Clark be socially awkward naturally.

I now realize that I have not yet mentioned how glad I am that his hair is not plastered down. Very glad.
It's still a little heavier on the product than I would have hoped, but it's nice to see it parted on the correct side again with an actual S curl.

It's still a little heavier on the product than I would have hoped, but it's nice to see it parted on the correct side again with an actual S curl.

Personally, I was hoping that his Superman hair would look more like this in the film.

david-corenswet-temporada-1-the-politician_98.jpg

I wonder what David's Clark will be like now?

I always preferred the version where Clark is who he is with Superman just giving him an outlet to use his abilities.

Or at least just have Clark be socially awkward naturally.
I feel he is going to be uber charming and full of wit and playfulness. David has an uncanny and fun-loving; highly energetic personality to begin with. I feel Gunn will heavily lean into that. He may be upbeat and slightly awkward, but not bumbling.

Of course, I think that is what we were all hoping for basically.

I just hope everything else lives up to most of our expectations. I can't say that I'm a fan of either the emblem, costume, or even his hairstyle.

I know many here and beyond would love nothing more than for the narrative to be that the dislike is mostly or only fueled by Snyder fans or fans of Man of Steel. Heck, I'm a Man of Steel fan and I think the suit looks fine. Good, not great.

But when you've got the likes of Forbes writing articles saying that the image looks like AI, that narrative doesn't fly.

James Gunn’s First ‘Superman’ Image Looks Like AI, And The Suit Doesn’t Fit
Just caught up on the Forbes article and man, it's like overcooked PTSD at this point. Could barely get through that. It's weird givin that for the majority, Gunn is a critical darling, so to see these articles off on this foot brings back all those weird memories. JG had a small uphill climb from here. As we always said, this isn't GotG. This is basically the Holy Grail so fierce eyes will be watching every move for Superman. Hopefully the team can recoil and come back strong ASAP. Hoping SDCC atleast brings the fire.

Just caught up on the Forbes article and man, it's like overcooked PTSD at this point. Could barely get through that. It's weird givin that for the majority, Gunn is a critical darling, so to see these articles off on this foot brings back all those weird memories. JG had a small uphill climb from here. As we always said, this isn't GotG. This is basically the Holy Grail so fierce eyes will be watching every move for Superman. Hopefully the team can recoil and come back strong ASAP. Hoping SDCC atleast brings the fire.
James said that he won't be going to SDCC and neither will the cast because they'll still be filming.

Even perusing these forums for more than 2-3 minutes will easily dispell the idea that it's only or mainly Snyder fans doing the suit down lol. Snyder fans are always the whipping boys, no matter the situation.
I don’t think it is fair to allow a toxic group of online bullies to play the victim, so no.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Tg11
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"