The ending: Hitchhiking to the 70's theme song!

NinjaCarm

Fantastic
Reaction score
I personally want the ending of the movie to have Bruce Banner hitchhiking just like the old 70's show with Bill Bixby with a slightly updated version of the old 70's theme song too. Anyone agree that would be badass!?

Thoughts?:bh:

I believe you will probably get your wish.

Though, don't go around here saying homages to the TV show are awesome.

I think this and the chair are awesome, and I hate the TV show...
but most people have gone crazy thinking homages will over run the movie. :whatever:

I think there is a strong possibility you may get what you are asking for.

Personally, I'd like that too.

I believe in one of the recent articles, it was mentioned that the piano theme would be incorporated somehow. I'd love for it to be.

edit:

Interview with Leterrier
http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi.../006880907.cfm

Is there any way you can get that sad “walking away” music from the end of each episode into the film?

LETERRIER: Actually, yeah. We got the rights so that’ll be in the movie. The composer is Joe Harnell. “Dah dah dah…” Let me play it for you. Hold on, I’ve got it. Listen. [Plays sad Hulk music] That’s the one! [Laughs]
Hope he wasn't just joking.

I think this and the chair are awesome, and I hate the TV show...
but most people have gone crazy thinking homages will over run the movie. :whatever:

Considering that the last superhero movie that had a director who REALLY loved the character from a different source other then the comics was Superman Returns, I think it's a legit concern. :o

Considering that the last superhero movie that had a director who REALLY loved the character from a different source other then the comics was Superman Returns, I think it's a legit concern. :o

Superman Returns didn't just have homages from the old film (i.e. theme music, maybe a reference to the old film etc.) it was a direct sequel that messed with everything.

Homages are always fine in my book. This one doesn't seem to be a remake of the old TV show, just paying homages.

I doubt it'll be like SR, Marvel has some creative input, & they said it's a mix of the TV Show & Comics... SR was an actual sequel to the Donner films, while TIH has elements of the TV series...

As much of a Hulk TV series fan as I am, I can live with no reference to it in the new Hulk movie.

The thing about the TV series that I think should be kept are the tone of realism, sadness and seriousness (specially from episodes like the pilot or Prometheus) and not necessarily the explicit details like the song or others.

The song helped capture the sadness & loneliness of Banner... As long as the song isn't used every 15 minutes, it should fit the bill very well...

The song helped capture the sadness & loneliness of Banner... As long as the song isn't used every 15 minutes, it should fit the bill very well...

Agreed...save it for the end ONLY.

As much of a Hulk TV series fan as I am, I can live with no reference to it in the new Hulk movie.

The thing about the TV series that I think should be kept are the tone of realism, sadness and seriousness (specially from episodes like the pilot or Prometheus) and not necessarily the explicit details like the song or others.

Well I guess this will just be one to skip over for you. I just don't see how homages ruin something.

Edit: though I do agree with your other points. Truly I think thats what they meant by keeping elements of the TV show.

[YT]2bEvc48JZw4[/YT]

yeah, i like to hear this song at the end.

I always used to feel so bad for him. :(

God, I could be stupid as a child.

I always used to feel so bad for him. :(

God, I could be stupid as a child.
It doesn't have to be piano. They could use violins to redo the theme. Updating it with violins, but keeping that theme. It would work beautifully.

Yeah. Maybe I should have referred to myself as silly when I was watching the reruns as a child. I'd legitimately hope for someone to pick Banner up at the end. I couldn't reconcile that this guy, who was going all this good and trying to help people, couldn't seem to catch a break. I think I used to curse the cars on occasion for passing him by. :ninja:

That was great juxtaposition by the show and really fitting musical accompaniment. I'd love to see a homage to it right before the end credits.

Banner walks into the sunset with Tootie as the Facts of Life theme plays ;)

Well I guess this will just be one to skip over for you. I just don't see how homages ruin something.

When the director just put the visual or audible element's replica only and forget to achieve the actual tone or atmosphere relying on the mere external homage.

Edit: though I do agree with your other points. Truly I think thats what they meant by keeping elements of the TV show.

I hope so. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"