The Essential Smallville Episode Guide

SamuraiSon6

Sidekick
Reaction score
Okay, so my friend has seen random episodes of Smallville and likes the show and really wants to catch up and watch Season 7 as it aires. I would like everyones input to compile the "essential" episodes. You know, just the episodes that further the plot, skipping the FOTW episodes that dont really have much substance to them so it doesnt take years to catch up with Season 7. That said, if you believe a episode is essential, and everyone else disagrees, its okay, just state why you believe it is. This should be interesting because some really 'good episodes' dont advance the plot to much while other 'bad' episodes cram a lot of story into them.

Well, lets start with Season 1.....:woot:

01.01-The Pilot: obviously essential to the smallville mythos as it introduces everyone that will be joining us along this ride

01.02-Metamorphosis....

all of the episodes further the plot in some fashion. Even ass episodes like Lucy, Drone, and Ageless furthered major season plots in their B and C storylines.

Yeah, I wouldnt know how to narrow it down. Sometimes all it takes is for you to miss one scene from an episode and you havent got the foggiest clue as to what's going on.

Season 1 is probably the only season where you could say we were really just getting to know the characters and their personality traits, but with all the other seasons, its going to be difficult.

In Season 1 though, which I'm currently rewatching, I would go with The Pilot, Metamorphosis, Xray, Hourglass, Jitters, Leech, Zero and Tempest.

:yay:

all of the episodes further the plot in some fashion. Even ass episodes like Lucy, Drone, and Ageless furthered major season plots in their B and C storylines.

Oh c'mon, Smallville is not Lost, 24 or Heroes. There is A LOT of filler in Smallville. Do you really think you need to see episodes like Devoted and Facade to understand what's going on?

i knew this would be tough, obviously Hulk your right, every episode contains some useful info, but i would love it this thread could really break it down to the "essential" episodes

thanks to avidread here is our first draft of the essential Season 1 episodes

1 The Pilot
2 Metamorphosis
4 Xray
6 Hourglass
8 Jitters
12 Leech
14 Zero
21 Tempest

i what we are going for, basically about half the episodes give or take of course

what do you guys think of 9-Rogue. it dealt with a bad cop trying to take advantage of clark, it catches my eye because its not the FOTW like most of season 1, but i havent seen it in a while, anyone remember what else is going on in that episode...?

heres my rough draft for season 2

1-Vortex
3-Duplicity
4-Red
7-Lineage
10-Skinwalker
16-Fever
17-Rosetta
22-Calling
23-Exodus

let me know what you guys/gals think

what do you guys think of 9-Rogue. it dealt with a bad cop trying to take advantage of clark, it catches my eye because its not the FOTW like most of season 1, but i havent seen it in a while, anyone remember what else is going on in that episode...?

I did actually consider Rogue, but since we were trying to narrow it down, I consequently left it out. We did get some insight into Lex's days before he came to Smallville, and we did get to see how Clark would handle himself if someone threatened to expose his secret, but I couldnt quite conclude that it was essential to the overall plot. I felt that Zero and Tempest were far better episodes in dealing with those issues.

It was really an episode, like I previously mentioned about Season 1, that was showing us the character's personalities.

1-Vortex
3-Duplicity
4-Red
7-Lineage
10-Skinwalker
16-Fever
17-Rosetta
22-Calling
23-Exodus

I would definitely add Heat to that list. I think any new power episode is essential. Otherwise, I agree with the rest of it. :yay:

1-Vortex
3-Duplicity
4-Red
7-Lineage
10-Skinwalker
16-Fever
17-Rosetta
22-Calling
23-Exodus

You forgot Heat, that's the episode where Clark first got his heat vision and he learned how to control it.
Oh yeah and Lex got married fot the first time.:woot: :oldrazz:

There are no completely filler episodes ever, I don't think.

Oh c'mon, Smallville is not Lost, 24 or Heroes. There is A LOT of filler in Smallville. Do you really think you need to see episodes like Devoted and Facade to understand what's going on?

Devoted and Facade had impact on other storylines in the B and C stories.

For Facade Clark and Jonathan worked out their issues with Clark playing ball and Lois got her first real taste of writing an investigative piece.

In Devoted, Lex tried to patch things up with Clark and arranges to get Lois out of town.

You know the guy who does all those SV-JLA trailers on YouTube? KalEl1029.

I think he had, at one time, planned on editing all six seasons of Smallville into one cohesive story. Because the task was too daunting, he decided against it. After seeing his editing skills, I hope he reconsiders one day! :up:

that would be great RakuMon, let us know if you hear an update on the project

so here is what we have so far...

-Season One-
1 The Pilot
2 Metamorphosis
4 Xray
6 Hourglass
8 Jitters
12 Leech
14 Zero
21 Tempest

-Season Two-
1-Vortex
2-Heat
3-Duplicity
4-Red
7-Lineage
10-Skinwalker
16-Fever
17-Rosetta
22-Calling
23-Exodus

Season Three Rough Rough Draft (gonna need some help here.....)
1-Exile
2-Phoenix
6-Relic
10-Shattered
17-Legacy
19-Memoria
21-Forsaken
22-Covenant

again thats a really rough start and i know im leaving a large chunk of the middle of the season out, but i havent watched any of those in a while.....

-Season Two-

Season Three Rough Rough Draft (gonna need some help here.....)
1-Exile
2-Phoenix
6-Relic
10-Shattered
17-Legacy
19-Memoria
21-Forsaken
22-Covenant

again thats a really rough start and i know im leaving a large chunk of the middle of the season out, but i havent watched any of those in a while.....

Add to that, Perry, Whisper, Hereafter (purely for the Geek moment :woot: ), Talisman, and I know it wasnt a very good episode but Resurrection is a possibility to include. Clark actually thinks about coming forward so his blood can be used to cure people who have life threatening illnesses, and the family decides that his powers can be used in other ways to save lives.

That makes a long list for Season 3, but I guess the closer you get to the end, the more significant the storylines become within the whole series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"