Official Wolverine And The X-men, Episode 6 "X-Calibre" Discussion

we still have 20 episodes to see more Collossus, I figured by the end we would be all caught up with everyone from the team and will have seen a little bit of everybody

Last edited:
And before TMNT 2K3, there was GARGOYLES and the LEGEND OF PRINCE VALIANT cartoons (the later which showed people actually getting cut and slashed with swords in just about every single episode). These 2 children's cartoon are proof that you can have characters getting slashed/cut and/or killed by bladed weapons in a tasteful non bloody manner.

I also agree with your second point.

Indeed. Like I said, where there is a will, there is a way. The best shows are the ones that seem to fight the network every week.

You hit the nail right on the head. I agree with everything you said.

IMO, I think if writers would show more of Colossus "fun side" (show him having more of a sense of humor), he would come off a lot more interesting. They could also start showing him more as a kick butt fighter during combat and have him start using his super strength in different ways (like using his super strong legs to jump really high).

One thing about Colossus is that he's passionate. Plenty of female characters have flocked to him. He's also gotten violently jealous in some regards. In an ensamble cast, there are plenty of ways how a variety of characters can shine.

we still have 20 episodes to see more Collossus, I figured by the end we would be all caught up with everyone from the team and will have seen a little bit of everybody

Some people overseas who have already seen all 26 episodes have cited that the Russkie really doesn't appear again or do much.

And before TMNT 2K3, there was GARGOYLES and the LEGEND OF PRINCE VALIANT cartoons (the later which showed people actually getting cut and slashed with swords in just about every single episode). These 2 children's cartoon are proof that you can have characters getting slashed/cut and/or killed by bladed weapons in a tasteful non bloody manner.

I also agree with your second point.

I agree with your statement, you can definently show death & stabbings without being gory, nightcrawler's fight in this episode proved that. i think that writers & movie makers should do more shows & movies like that, it just a pleasent way of show factuality without being deogratory.

While on that topic, I recently watched the director's commentary for THE INCREDIBLES where Brad Bird spoke, and he mentioned that he disliked the "Saturday morning formula" of villains being unable to be genuinely nasty and superheroes never seeming to get hurt or bleed or whatnot. He felt the reaction was the opposite of what censors wanted; it would teach children that acts of adventure and even combat had NO consequences because no one ever got hurt. He thought that kids wouldn't be "scared" if they saw a hero occasionally get hurt or bleed, or even see characters die, because it would show them that these things have consequences. That was sort of why in THE INCREDIBLES he made sure to show that the giant robot could actually CUT Mr. Incredible's seemingly invulnerable skin and hurt him, as well as to establish that Syndrome outright killed all the other superheroes (Mr. Incredible literally hides behind Gazerbeam's skeleton). Of course, what you can do in a movie is different from a network TV show.

Think of some of the so-called "children's fairy tales". Many of them, in their original drafts, involved things like death and whatnot. Lord knows when I was a kid, I always thought it was silly that characters armed with claws or swords could only cut robots. And that was in the 80's before the current age where every kid has seen THE MATRIX and every 9 year old giggles with glee at slaughtering people in GEARS OF WAR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"