The FACEBOOK Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the new Facebook page has ten of one's friends listed on the side of the profile. Everywhere I check, this is suppose to be at random. I have 300 friends - not many - and the same six to eight people always pop up, out of 300.

I thought through and only have two theories:
1) It is categorized by the people I check out daily.
2) It is categorized by the people who check me out daily.

Even then, those theories are a bit flawed. I keep mine up, sure, but I don't lurk and/or stalk people on a daily basis.

Any ideas, or has anyone else noticed this?

i dont pay any attention to it haha i hate that layout

I like the new layout, honestly.

Hate it, it automatically changed mine even after clicking on the option to KEEP the old layout! :argh:

FACE BOOK SMILEYS! :atp:

qx4e2t.jpg

A friend just wrote this - The Ten Facebook Status Commandments:

1. STOP! using Facebook as a platform to promote your political and religious agendas. I can’t be any clearer than that.

2. I don’t need an itinerary of your Wednesday. So you can take that stream of consciousness bull**** over to Twitter. Barring an emergency or some life-altering event, one status per day is all you get.

3. Similarly, just because you get one status per day doesn’t mean you have to use it. If you don’t have anything clever, witty, important, or even interesting to say…don’t drag us into your maelstrom of mediocrity. If you’re throwing up five and six statuses a day and NOBODY is commenting or liking – take the hint.

4. Pictures or it didn’t happen.

5. If it has been on Youtube for more than a month, and it has over 500,000 views you don’t need to post or link it. We’ve seen it. It wasn’t that funny, either.

6. Learn how to ****ing spell. And learn what a homonym is.

7. Facebook status comments do NOT directly relate to popularity, respect, or sympathy. If you make cryptic or ominous posts (i.e. “Sad” or “Really feeling down today” or “Cheated on again…guys are jerks”) just because you want people to pay attention to you, take a step back and re-evaluate your life. Quite honestly it makes me sad and gets me feeling down that people like you exist.

8. I am very happy for your pending nuptials. Congratulations. But I do not need a running progress report. Now if you are planning to invite your entire Friends List to the wedding, fine. Otherwise, you’re constantly reminding us of an event we weren’t deemed important enough to attend. Seems a bit pretentious, no? Same goes for pregnancies. For each marriage and each baby you get one (1) announcement.

9. If you’re an aspiring artist, photographer, musician, etc. I am okay with a little bit of self-promotion. Hell, I was a Marketing major. But be considerate. And keep in mind, excess is often a catalyst to apathy and thereby counter-productivity. (If I didn’t join your fan club the first time you asked, I’m not going to the second. And there won’t be a third.)

10. If you’re on Facebook, how sick can you possibly be?

Damn, sounds like someone doesn't know the point of Facebook or they can't find the "hide post" button.

i recently deleted my facebook and really enjoy it. if anyones seen the south park episode, facebook actually asks you if you really want to delete it and you have to give them a reason haha also it shows you some of your friends and it says they will miss you

I primarily use my Facebook for three things.

1) Keeping in touch with friends I don't live near.
2) Sharing funny/amusing things I find with people I know.
3) Trolling the **** out of my mom.

i recently deleted my facebook and really enjoy it. if anyones seen the south park episode, facebook actually asks you if you really want to delete it and you have to give them a reason haha also it shows you some of your friends and it says they will miss you

I'll be more than happy to stop using facebook, as soon as people learn how to e-mail and use the phone properly again.

I'll be more than happy to stop using facebook, as soon as people learn how to e-mail and use the phone properly again.
You might as well wait for people to start using telegrams again.

i made sure all my friends had my number before i did it. well at least the ones i want to talk to. so now i get more text messages and phone calls. its kind of funny running into old friends and they ask "why havent you been on facebook lately or did you see what so and so put on their wall?" i can reply thank god i have no idea haha

I primarily use my Facebook for three things.

1) Keeping in touch with friends I don't live near.
2) Sharing funny/amusing things I find with people I know.
3) Trolling the **** out of my mom.

That's all I pretty much do half the time.

I use Facebook to play Flash games and bore my friends/family with parts of my day and clips from That Mitchell & Webb Look.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"