The First 100 Days

Marx

Pixelated
Reaction score
Two wars. An economy in crisis. Sky-rocketing unemployment numbers.

President Obama will have little time to waste. What issues do you hope to see tackled first? What issues do you think will be tackled first? And what issues must be tackled first?

This is for all things '100 Days'!

Discuss.

UPDATE: PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS BEEN SWORN IN AND THE FIRST PIECES OF LEGISLATION ARE BEGINNING TO FLOW. DISCUSS THEM ALL HERE!
:yay:

Last edited:
-Starting the National Infrastructure Initiative
-The Automotive Industry
-Punishing the banks who are sitting on the money we gave them
-Reversing Bush's policies on the environment

I'm sure Obamas too-do list is better than mine.

Obama's first priority will be the economy, but he will use that to tackle two birds with one stone. He will fix our economy by creating jobs by spending money on alternative energy.

After that his next priority will probably be relations with the middle east. He will crack down on Alquida in Afghanistan, reduce the number of troops in Iraq, and after the Iranian election, he will begin negotiations with whoever wins.

Does anyone think that an Obama administration might seriously begin to tackle immigration reform? (Now that a border Governor will be overseeing Homeland Security?)

Does anyone think that an Obama administration might seriously begin to tackle immigration reform? (Now that a border Governor will be overseeing Homeland Security?)

I don't think so, not right away at least. It might piss off Hispanic voters who are already upset over Richardson not getting Sec of State.

I don't think immigration reform is a priority for Obama. For one thing he supports a path to citizenship, and that would cost him support which would undermine his ability to tackle issues which are way more important at the moment.

Plus he's just going to be busy as hell. I honestly think it comes down to

1. economy/energy- I count them as one priority because of his plan to tackle to birds with one stone.

2. Foreign Policy

The country has sort of forgotten about immigration for right now.

I think immigration is pretty far down on the list of things Obama needs to be worried about right now.

Obama needs to tackle this economy issue right away, and he will have to make some key policy moves in his first 100 days to show the urgency of this matter. Aside from economy, he will have to address the bailout plan for the automotive industry, try to revive the Middle East peace treaty again, figure out about the gradual pullout of Iraq war and expanding war in Afghan, and reversing some of the Bush social policies.

I wish Obama's the best, because this is a historic moment and he will be scrutnized every step of the way.

Obama's first issue is going to be the economy. Plain and simple.

Iraq is becoming less and less of a priority with troops leaving by 2011 regardless if he became President or not.

I think it has to be the economy i'm afraid this stimulus they are talking about is more stuff that's not going to work. Don't cut interest don't give money to banks don't try to get people to borrow more money that is not going to work that's what got us into this mess in the first place. I think Obama was on the right track with creating new jobs. If people have jobs and feel secure they will spend money, borrow money etc. IMO

I think it has to be the economy i'm afraid this stimulus they are talking about is more stuff that's not going to work. Don't cut interest don't give money to banks don't try to get people to borrow more money that is not going to work that's what got us into this mess in the first place. I think Obama was on the right track with creating new jobs. If people have jobs and feel secure they will spend money, borrow money etc. IMO

Obama's stimulus plan seems to have a large amount of bipartisan support. In fact, the Republican leadership held a press conference the other day saying that it is a great start and 'something they could work with'.

Don't worry Marx, everyone knows this is the proper thread to discuss the beginning of Obama's term in office. :)

But like Hunter Rider said, it's all about the economy. Most everything else will likely take a backseat I think.

Don't worry Marx, everyone knows this is the proper thread to discuss the beginning of Obama's term in office. :)

Thanks for the support Holiday! :cwink:
But like Hunter Rider said, it's all about the economy. Most everything else will likely take a backseat I think.

Obama has said that he wanted to sign a stimulus on his FIRST day as President. Sadly, it looks like it won't be until sometime mid-February.

Obama's stimulus plan seems to have a large amount of bipartisan support. In fact, the Republican leadership held a press conference the other day saying that it is a great start and 'something they could work with'.

Just because it has bipartisan support doesn't make it a good idea or mean I support it. My point is stopping handing out money focus solely on making Jobs and we will slowly right ourselves.

I predict that Obama will reveal himself to be a Muslim and declare Jihad on the United States a few weeks into his presidency. By the 100th day, every major American city will have fallen to Muslim influence.

Wow really? ....wait...wait your messing with us right i'm onto you jman.

I predict that Obama will reveal himself to be a Muslim and declare Jihad on the United States a few weeks into his presidency. By the 100th day, every major American city will have fallen to Muslim influence.

:hehe:

On the first day or two after Obama's inauguration we will see the DOW crash

The first thing Obama will do of course is "tackle" the economy. When I say tackle, I mean tackle the economy into the ground,then choke it and knee it in the crotch. Then overdose it with heroin and cocaine. All in the name of uh... improving the economy's health of course.

So yea, good times :grin::up:

On the first day or two after Obama's inauguration we will see the DOW crash

The first thing Obama will do of course is "tackle" the economy. When I say tackle, I mean tackle the economy into the ground,then choke it and knee it in the crotch. Then overdose it with heroin and cocaine. All in the name of uh... improving the economy's health of course.

So yea, good times :grin::up:

You're just soo positive Dox! :oldrazz:

Wow really? ....wait...wait your messing with us right i'm onto you jman.

No. I've been reading the blogs on the Internets, and have found plenty of evidence which suggests he is a Muslim terrorist. Like, did you know his middle name is HUSSEIN?! That means he's related to Saddam Hussein, who was a murderous Muslim terrorist! And there are also pictures of him dressed in Arab clothes, exchanging weapons with Osama bin Laden!

I'm so glad I researched this... I have a ticket to Australia booked in mid-February to avoid the mass Jihad he will unleash on our country...

No. I've been reading the blogs on the Internets, and have found plenty of evidence which suggests he is a Muslim terrorist. Like, did you know his middle name is HUSSEIN?! That means he's related to Saddam Hussein, who was a murderous Muslim terrorist! And there are also pictures of him dressed in Arab clothes, exchanging weapons with Osama bin Laden!

I'm so glad I researched this... I have a ticket to Australia booked in mid-February to avoid the mass Jihad he will unleash on our country...

:hehe:

You're just soo positive Dox! :oldrazz:
Well on the positive side, day trading Gold Mining stocks has been great. Very profitable.

The suckers rally prior to Obama's inauguration is also a great way to unload stocks to break even or even profit.

It is a great time to bet against a lot of states, to profit from their ineptitude and misery. Like Cali-failing-fornia. :grin::up:

$$$$$$$ :woot: :woot:

So its all good :woot:

Hahah the governator can't save them from themselves.

See, now your thinking like a rural voter, don't cha know!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"