The President Obama Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thread Manager, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thundercrack85

Thundercrack85 Well-Known Member

But there are specific things to cut. For example, the new tank orders, even though thousands of state-of-the-art tanks are sitting idly state-side.

They don't cut those, because that's the military industrial complex. Politicians don't care about the individual soldiers (no matter how much they pretend). They do care about the money big business gives them.

2. Marvolo

Marvolo Well-Known Member

I agree completely. Things do need to be cut, but they just keep cutting the wrong stuff, because like you say they care about the industrial complex more than the humans on the ground.

3. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

Two places Defense spending should cut in my opinion

1. The US doesn't need so many military bases around the world. Pick and choose some bases in countries that don't really need them(ie I understand why you might want a base in Japan and South Korea(ie to keep an eye on China and North Korea), but is it really necessary to have so many in Germany and the rest of Europe?)

2. Stop building tanks(or any other vehicle) for the sake of building tanks. The US has a big yard of tanks built 5-10 years ago that were never used and are deemed out of date so they just go on building more and sell the older tanks to other countries for pennies on the dollar.

Beyond that when it comes to military missions try get other countries to pay their fair share and don't think you are the policeman of the world and can do everything by yourself. One reason alot of other countries defense budget is so low is because the US is more then happy to spend money to do their dirty work as long as that country gives them free access to their country. General rule of thumb in business is when you do the dirty work for somebody they should pay you, not you do the dirty work and foot the bill for it.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  4. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

The first thing they should do is...

1. Look at duplication and cut that....
    2. Look at administrative jobs, who are actually needed, and who are not....cut in that area.
    3. Look at sub-departments, which are needed, which are not....cut those.
    4. Within each sub-department have them cut their spending by 10%. AND GIVE THEM A TIMELINE.

And the most important thing, that DOES NOT GET DONE IN ANY ADMINISTRATION.....hold the administrators of these departments accountable, if they cannot get the 10% cut in the time given, then they are cut and find someone that can do the job.

ALL OF THAT SHOULD BE DONE FIRST BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE IS LOOKED AT....then you know exactly how much you still need to cut.

5. Destructus86

Destructus86 Well-Known Member

So...on the economy and government spending....wouldn't it be much better for the government to stop wasting money on the dying horse known as the Postal Service and let it be corporate run instead? Because let's face it...the government is doing a piss job of it right now.

6. Thought Crime

Thought Crime Well-Known Member

Government does a piss-poor job at everything. Their in everything. And they suck.

7. enterthemadness

enterthemadness The Triumvirate

8. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

good luck on getting that passed

Other then a few people who are on the extreme ends of the party(read that not on big business payroll) the Democrats will just stick their head int he sand on this issue while the Republicans will claim putting labels will hurt jobs and be against are freedoms and liberties.

9. enterthemadness

enterthemadness The Triumvirate

I read that 250,000 signed a petition that Obama ignored. I read this stupid Protection Act was hidden in that spending bill to keep Govt from shutting down.

Rather see a Govt Shutdown....gonna happen sooner or later. Well, I believe we will suffer a monetary collapse. Sooner or later it's gonna happen. We say it won't. That is just praying and sticking our head in the sand.

10. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...013/05/obama_knee_deep_in_nixon_esque_scandal

Benghazi is a bunch of BS, there is enough reasonable doubt/distance from the IRS scandal but good luck with this

Hopefully the Republicans can recognize a real scandal when they see one

11. Thundercrack85

Thundercrack85 Well-Known Member

I have to disagree there. Benghazi is not BS.

Whether or not it's foul play or incompetence remains to be seen, but there is clearly something wrong there.

12. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

I think how some of the Republicans are handling it is BS, but the issue itself, is far from it...somebody ****ed up royally. I would like to know who it was, and I want them reprimanded in some way. I want those families to have answers...

13. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I don't think Benghazi is the scandal the Republicans are trying to make it out to be. I am not saying it doesn't deserve to be investigated but the politicizing is a joke and not doing the investigation for actual facts any good.

14. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

Well, I don't know that it is a cover up or just plain stupidity before the election. I have a feeling it was the latter...but there are questions that need to be answered.

And by stupidity before the election, I mean the Dems politicizing it first...BUT, as I have said MANY TIMES on here two wrongs don't make a right, just makes the wrongs doubly wrong.

15. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

And questions that need to be answered aren't about fricken talking points. Does anybody think that talking points aren't generally revised anywhere from 5-20 times and don't have a political agenda by the person saying it before they are said to the public. What is the Scandal?

As I said many times before figure out what exactly happened(where was the break in the chain of command) and try to do something to try lessen the chance of the problem happening again

As I said if they want a real scandal to go after the President and his administration wire tapping reporters for 2 months is it. My guess is they will be so hell bent finding one little thing in Benghazi to try bring down Obama they will completely ignore the slam dunk that was just handed to them

16. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

I answered my own questions about the scandal. Simple political stupidity.

The Scandal? I don't know that it's a scandal, but I do believe that they changed Rice's talking points because this was so close to the election, and it would weaken once again, what Obama's killing of Osama had strengthened. Not really a scandal, just political stupidity.

17. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

My rule of thumb for Benghazi is the second a person who is talking about it uses the word "Watergate" their credibility goes down to 0

18. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

All I know is, as a young child who loved her shows on television was totally pissed about Watergate, that is all I remember....and that was so traumatizing that I don't care to talk about it.....EVER. :dry:

19. The Dark Defender

The Dark Defender Unite and Fight

20. Kelly

Kelly #RESIST

Not cool...at all. It is called an opinion, and you can give your opinion in reply without the personal stuff.

21. SV Fan

SV Fan Well-Known Member

Let me guess you are one of those that feels the need to get to the bottom of who wrote a fricken talking point and feel it's the biggest scandal known to the history of the presidency yet somehow I am a sheep because I feel it's beyond ridiculous, but hey keep reading breidbart.com and watching Faux News

22. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

Both of you dial it back and skip the personal jabs.

23. SuperT

SuperT Boom Shaka Laka

24. hippie_hunter

hippie_hunter The King is Back!

I would say the biggest problems for Obama on this is not the scandals themselves, but the absolutely horrid job his Administration is handling them and his attitude towards the press and Congress essentially biting him in the ass. And the biggest thing that I've been thinking about is, just why is this guy President, because it's just becoming more and more clear that he doesn't like the job.

25. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

One of Obama's responses to a Q about the politicians in the White House knowing about the IRS debacle, "I didn't know anything about it", will likely hurt pretty bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.