The Fountain

I like that this movie is actually becoming popular as a cult film. The first time I saw it, I thought it might have potential in that direction. However, it's obviously not for everyone. :o

Aronofsky Revisits "The Fountain"
By Garth Franklin
Friday, December 5th 2008 12:15am
Darren Aronofsky says to MTV News that one day he'd like another go at editing his sci-fi romance feature "The Fountain".

"It wouldn’t be a ‘director’s cut'...more like an alternate story told with the addition of unused footage from the first go-round. This would be a complicated project on a couple of levels, though, and it’s at least a few years away."

Upon release the film flopped financially and received tepidly positive reviews, yet it scored some very adamant supporters and has grown in appreciation in the past two years.

^ I read about it.. so he had to cut some stuff from the 1st version? Which, by the way, is one of my favourite movies

truth:up:

I'm still obsessing over Clint Mansell's score. Just beautiful stuff.
I listened to it on my drive up the California coast, and it matched beautifully with the scenery. :up:

Aronofsky Revisits "The Fountain"
By Garth Franklin
Friday, December 5th 2008 12:15am
Darren Aronofsky says to MTV News that one day he'd like another go at editing his sci-fi romance feature "The Fountain".

"It wouldn’t be a ‘director’s cut'...more like an alternate story told with the addition of unused footage from the first go-round. This would be a complicated project on a couple of levels, though, and it’s at least a few years away."

Upon release the film flopped financially and received tepidly positive reviews, yet it scored some very adamant supporters and has grown in appreciation in the past two years.
That's a very interesting idea - alternate story? Count me in!

It's been out for two years now and to this day I still listen to the score by Mansell. Especially 'Death is the Road to Awe'.

It's perfect, that's all you can say. Like Ken Watanabe at the end of The Last Samurai when he was saying the blossoms were all perfect? Yeah he was really talking about this score.

:heart:

It's been out for two years now and to this day I still listen to the score by Mansell. Especially 'Death is the Road to Awe'.

Tell me about it. One of my favourite soundtracks too :woot: :up:

"Death is the Road to Awe" is beautifully composed.

I was upset Hugh Jackman's performance was overlooked in 2006. That was better than the majority of what I had seen that year. Truly heartbreaking. Incredible emotional range.

Heh, good thing I got this dvd with me :hehe:

This is one of my Favorite Films. I need to watch this again.

We need a special edition DVD WITH COMMENTARY!

We need a special edition DVD WITH COMMENTARY!
Has anyone heard the Commentary that was made for this film? I tried to find it on iTunes, and couldn't find it.

I haven't listened to it yet, but it's located here...

http://www.darrenaronofsky.com/DA.html

I absolutely love commentaries, but for some reason I've resisted watching it, because The Fountain is my absolute favorite movie of all time. It's so complex and emotional and I almost feel like a commentary might ruin some aspects for me. Then again, it might somehow heighten my enjoyment of it too. I'm still hesitant, though.

EDIT: I just realized that the link to the commentary there is missing. I'll see if I can locate it elsewhere.

Last edited:
I just lent my copy of the movie to a couple of people, and now I'm reading the GN.

yea i loved the movie, but the score was my favorite part of it actually

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"