The future of Narnia

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Ambitious "Narnia" Trilogy Plans
Posted: Monday April 24th, 2006 6:58pm
Source: Narnia Web
Author: Garth Franklin

Entertainment Weekly this week published an article outlining Walden Media's plans for the future of "The Chronicles of Narnia" series of films and its surprising what's in store.

First up, its certain that the fourth book "Prince Caspian" will be the next adventure. Despite its shorter length than 'Wardrobe', there's no plans to fuse elements from the other novels into it. Producer Mark Johnson confirms that adapting the story is proving tougher than 'Wardrobe' and it now looks like the film could be pushed back a year to Xmas 2008 due to visual effects demands.

The fifth and sixth books, "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" and "The Silver Chair", will be done next with the studio planning to use Caspian and these two as "an interlocking trilogy that will be shot in that order".

What about the other three books though? No word on if the studio plans to do any of them, though most likely the first novel "The Magician's Nephew" will be the first post-trilogy project.

Galactus said:
Ambitious "Narnia" Trilogy Plans
Posted: Monday April 24th, 2006 6:58pm
Source: Narnia Web
Author: Garth Franklin

Entertainment Weekly this week published an article outlining Walden Media's plans for the future of "The Chronicles of Narnia" series of films and its surprising what's in store.

First up, its certain that the fourth book "Prince Caspian" will be the next adventure. Despite its shorter length than 'Wardrobe', there's no plans to fuse elements from the other novels into it. Producer Mark Johnson confirms that adapting the story is proving tougher than 'Wardrobe' and it now looks like the film could be pushed back a year to Xmas 2008 due to visual effects demands.

The fifth and sixth books, "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" and "The Silver Chair", will be done next with the studio planning to use Caspian and these two as "an interlocking trilogy that will be shot in that order".

What about the other three books though? No word on if the studio plans to do any of them, though most likely the first novel "The Magician's Nephew" will be the first post-trilogy project.

Wow, they're really gettin' ahead of 'em sevles.

Magician's Nephew and A Horse and his Boy aren't essential to the main narrative of the series, so I can understand why they'd be skipping them (for now, at least). There's also The Last Battle, and if things keep going well I'm sure it will be made into a movie too.

I still want all Seven books made into movies....>But this will have to do

Why not the Last Battle? And could we get a official thread for the Narnia movies? So we dont have all these threads.

I still don't think sequels will make more than 1st Narnia made.

For me, Narnia is mixture of Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter movies.

I don't care if they do the horse and his boy I never liked it anyway. It doesn't really connect to the other books either. I hope they eventually decide to make the Last Battle because it is my second favorite in the series. As for Prince Caspian being "possibly" released in 2008 :down that sucks. If it does get released in 2008 hopefully its in the summer and not winter.

-I'd make Prince Caspian.

-Find a new cast for the Pevensies, keep the current Caspian.

-Hire two different directors

-Get one to direct a trilogy of Dawn Treader, Silver Chair, and The Last Battle

-The other director would film The Magician's Nephew and The Horse and His Boy

-The releases would be has follows:

Christmas: Dawn Treader

Spring: Dawn Treader DVD

Summer: The Magicians Nephew

Fall: TMN DVD

Christmas: The Silver Chair

Spring: TSC DVD

Summer: The Horse and His Boy

Fall: THHB DVD

Christmas: The Last Battle

Spring: The Last Battle DVD

Christmas: Box release of all Narnia films in order.

Why would you want to re-cast the kids?

That would ruin the series for me if they did that...CONSISTENCY PEOPLE! :mad:

I'd prefer a brokeback mountain 2 and 3 but this sounds like it mght be fun too.

Darth Elektra said:
Why not the Last Battle? And could we get a official thread for the Narnia movies? So we dont have all these threads.

Ha! The more then merrier.

I wonder what year it will be when the last book is made into a movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"