The Gifted The Gifted 102 - "rX" Discussion Thread

Oh my god maybe Reed or Caitlin is one of the Fenris (more likely Caitlin). The article at the end said that the mutant siblings are European descendants, blonde hair & blue eyes.

Another solid episode. Marcos and Caitlin's A-plot was very solid, whereas Reed/Jace's subplot lagged a bit, but overall it brought that soap opera feel of the X-Men that we're familiar with. Reed's a bit of a weak link, but I suppose that'll improve once he goes to prison with Lorna.

Lorna's hair reveal was well done as well.

Also Ahab was looking at an article about Fenris for sure. They talked about being twins, but it took place in the 60s, so I doubt it's one of the parents. Very interesting though....

Also, some great pics of the colorful mutants from https://twitter.com/CoreyMakeup

Seems like our awesome looking guard's name is Gargoyle, and I loved how he spoke Spanish.

Last edited:
Really liked the appearances of Porcelain and Gargoyle. It's good to see less human looking mutants. Red also looks amazing!

Edit: Looked into Gargoyle a bit. Seems like they borrowed the stone look from Grey Gargoyle and one of the powers from Gargoyle (Isaac Christians) who could, I quote: "manipulate 'bio-mystical' energy to numerous effects, including concussive blasts and projection of the emotion of fear into others." Neither of the two speaks Spanish though. :p

Last edited:
Another solid episode. Marcos and Caitlin's A-plot was very solid, whereas Reed/Jace's subplot lagged a bit, but overall it brought that soap opera feel of the X-Men that we're familiar with. Reed's a bit of a weak link, but I suppose that'll improve once he goes to prison with Lorna.

Lorna's hair reveal was well done as well.

Also Ahab was looking at an article about Fenris for sure. They talked about being twins, but it took place in the 60s, so I doubt it's one of the parents. Very interesting though....
Grandparents maybe?

Name dropping the Mutant Liberation Front was very, very cool.

I digged the Mutant Liberation Front name drop as well.

It would be cool to see the MLF show up if they aren't going to be used in the X-Force movie.

I could see Blink closing a portal on Reaper and cut off his leg like Zero did in the comics.

Apparently this is what some of the article about the Rio incident read:

Multiple international intelligence agencies are on the hunt for the perpetrators of Monday’s devastating terror attack in Rio de Janeiro. The suspects are of European descent and suspected blonde-haired, blue-eyed twins with dangerous and highly destructive mutant abilities.

Local authorities are fully cooperating with their international counterparts in conducting a search of the greater Rio de Janeiro and surrounding areas for any leads or sightings of these two wanted terrorists. Once captured, multiple nations will surely vie for the opportunity to try and punish […]

I liked this more than the pilot. More Polaris the better. Though Strucker family and Jace remain to be random. Blink's power explosion looked cool.

I have to say that this is still one the best exchanges in this episode:
"You know your husband was trying to send my girlfriend to prison, right?" "He was following the law. Has he prosecuted mutants? Yes, but..." "But some of his best friends are mutants?" "Try his children." "That's exactly my point. Tell me this... if it wasn't your kids in that gym, would you be standing up for them? Would your husband?"

For those of you who are keeping track. I really tried with those portals...
2zokm8g.png

I liked the episode. There were a lot of cool character-development moments across the board, especially for Caitlin and Marcos. The whole cast is really bringing their A-game to their performances. And I like the visual effects for the mutants' power displays, especially Blink and Polaris.

Love Polaris <3

also, LOL at all the makeup being better than the films.

Though Strucker family and Jace remain to be random.

Honestly? LMAO

A very good episode, indeed. Like others said, this was a predictable story, but character development is nicely interwoven with the social/political context - a rare phenomenon on network TV.

I'm looking forward especially to more glimpses into Andy. There are layers to him and if one of the episode 3 teasers is anything to go by, the actor is more than capable of showing them.

The show's off to a really great start. Plus, I squee'd at the sight of Sharon Gless. And I'm very interested to hear more about these mysterious old-school mutant siblings...

Enjoyed this more than the pilot.

Polaris was again a stand out but everyone got their moment to shine this week. I am more on board than I was after the pilot that's for sure.

I just want to say, since I didn't last week, that this was a much stronger episode in terms of setting up the difficulties of mutants.

Quite good episode that was. Loved Polaris kicking butt in jail, even IF she got some kickback for it, but hey, she showed that she's not gonna just be a lackey to the humans. She needs to start a Sisterhood of Mutants in Lakewood. Take a page from Dad's example.

Yeah she didn't take any ****. Hopefully she can get out soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"