The Gifted The Gifted 1x03 - "eXodus" Discussion Thread

Ozbridge

Sidekick
Reaction score
THE STRUCKERS PUT THEIR LIVES ON THE LINE IN A GAMBLE TO REUNITE ON AN ALL-NEW "THE GIFTED" MONDAY, OCTOBER 16, ON FOX

In an effort to reunite with one another, Reed cuts a deal with the Sentinel Services and Caitlin and the kids seek help from someone outside the compound. Meanwhile, Thunderbird begins to teach Blink how to control her powers in the all-new "eXodus" episode of THE GIFTED airing Monday, Oct. 16 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (GIF-103) (TV-14 L, V)

Cast: Stephen Moyer as Reed Strucker; Amy Acker as Caitlin Strucker; Sean Teale as Eclipse/Marcos Diaz; Jamie Chung as Blink/Clarice Fong aka Clarice Ferguson; Coby Bell as Jace Turner; Emma Dumont as Polaris/Lorna Dane; Blair Redford as Thunderbird/John Proudstar; Natalie Alyn Lind as Lauren Strucker; Percy Hynes White as Andy Strucker.

Guest Cast: Elena Satine as Dreamer; Garret Dillahunt as Dr. Roderick Campbell; Jeff Philips as Fade; Jeff Nordling as Daniel; Cooper Roth as Scott; Darren Goldstein as Chuck; Erin Way as Sheila

People in Marvel-verse never listen when someone with superpowers says leave me alone.

Andy would make a great candidate for the Brotherhood of Mutants. The way he's fed up with humanity's cruelty towards mutants, his desire to fight instead of run, he'd more line up with Erik's philosophy than Charles.

Andy: Prime example of why teenagers getting powers is going to be a bad thing...

That bit with the mob coming to Uncle Danny's home because of the photo that Scott sent, it reminded me of the scene in X-2 when the X-Men are at Bobby's family home and Bobby's brother (I think?) ends up calling the police and bringing them to the house under the guise of the mutants being up to no good.

Shook my head when that kid took a picture of the trophy broken by Andy and then sent it to his friend.

"He said he wouldn't show anyone!" Ugh!

The aurora borealis bit was so cheesy, but I loved it.

I'd love to know where the idea that jumping out of a moving van even on to grass doesn't result in injury. It really isn't possible. Reed should have a broken bone or three. :(

Lauren says "I cant shield what I cant see" Huh? You are in the car? How can you not shield it?

You would think she could have at least shielded the car windows from the inside so at least the bullets couldn't penetrate. :(

You would think she could have at least shielded the car windows from the inside so at least the bullets couldn't penetrate. :(

it seemed so contrived to heighten drama in that scene

I'd love to know where the idea that jumping out of a moving van even on to grass doesn't result in injury. It really isn't possible. Reed should have a broken bone or three. :(

Hey, he got a cut to his head. That is some high grade TV injury.

The aurora borealis bit was so cheesy, but I loved it.
It's such an earnest and sweet moment - reminds me of Syd and David's first meeting in Legion. They're cheesy and this show is a lot of cheese in general, but when you're dealing with how soap-y X-Men gets, it feels right.

Anyways, solid episode. The wheels spun a bit here - don't know why we need to repeat Caitlin learning more lessons. But we got to see Andy develop a bit and drama between Blink and Dreamer.

Also, love Thunderbird mentioning being a Marine and his Apache heritage. Maybe we'll get a flashback to his time in the Corp? Would love to see that fleshed out.

I'm just itching to see more of Garrett Dillahunt and his plan which are no doubt his Hounds.

Enjoyed the episode. It was less strong than the previous two, but I really like what they did with Reed. Caitlin disappointed me a little, I was hoping she'd know better at this point. Old habits die hard though and this was more realistic rather than her doing a complete 180 just based on her adventure with Marcos. Also, I love Andy slowly going more and more to the dark side. Not sure about the love triangle yet and I do think the way they introduced Dreamer is still a bit awkward. Though I like that they gave her more to do and it adds to Johns character as well.

I was bored! Less Struckers pls!
I really don't get why you continue to make this hard on yourself by complaining about something that you know won't go away.

Caitlin and Reed to a lesser existent are getting mutant woke.

POLORIS. THE Writers have big plans for her..
You get a glimpse of her flying. We've seen her use her power while resisting the collar.

She gonna free everyone and make the prison crumble like dollar store cookies.

Wasn't as good as the first 2 episodes by I enjoyed it. I like that the collars incapacitate them rather than just shut off their powers. Polaris looks like she's going to have an interesting break out of prison.

I'm starting to get vibes of the Clarks from Fear The Walking Dead with the Struckers.

It's more levitation and I guess that explains how magneto can levitate in X1, his suit's made of metals

I thought he was just riding the Earth's natural magnetic fields myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"