The Gifted The Gifted 1x04 - "eXit strategy" Discussion Thread

I didn't enjoy the first 16 minutes of the episode, but then things improved vastly. :ilv:

Things that still don't quite work for me after the four episodes:

- I'm still not sold on Blink and Thunderbird's chemistry (no matter how hard the show tries to convince it's there).
- The dialogues are often so awkward/cliched.
- acting from the Strucker kids - I'm still not sure whether the actors are one note or the writing for them is not good enough.

Things I'm very curious about and hope they will be handled well:
- Polaris's interactions with Caitlin, and I don't only mean the medical context (someone has to check whether the baby is fine, no?).
- New/shifting alliances among the mutants and ordinary humans; e.g., will some of the characters' agendas things change after both families are reunited? We've already seen how divided the mutants can be when saving someone's life is at stake.

I don't know, Andy's is very good. He is a very realistic teenager. Yeah, they are kind of terrible.

I don't know, Andy's is very good. He is a very realistic teenager. Yeah, they are kind of terrible.

I hope he'll get better scenes and will shine in them (no pun intended). I feel bad for the actor because so many people seem to be annoyed by Andy and, like you've said, he's just a teenager.

Yeah, I've had no problem with Andy, really. He feels like a Magneto in the making with his increasing frustration towards humans and more willingness to fight versus his more passive mother. And after the torment he's been through coupled with him still getting used to his powers, it's growing pains. Lauren at least feels more in touch with her powers.

Go Lorna! She truly was the best part of the episode

Pulse? Wow, didnt expect to see them use such an obscure X-man

I loved Thunderbird's action scenes and Eclipse's backstory. Carmen is the shiz! The way Caitlin saved her kids was astounding. I was just thrilled throughout this whole episode. And, yes, Polaris/Lorna is stealing the show as well! : )

This episode was well done. The action was good, the suspense was good, and the characters were good. Polaris/Lorna is wonderfully portrayed in this show, and it looks like we'll be seeing a lot more of her now that she's been freed from prison. I'm looking forward to it!

if the show gets to a point where we could see Thunderbird, Polaris, Blink, Dreamer, Sage and Pulse all working together as a team, show would be bananas

I was kinda bored. But great for Polaris that she's no longer a prisoner. I thought the action was tamed, I hope they make them longer and choreographed them better. Right now,it's the typical action you would get in a TV show, but if they are more passionate in this, they would go beyond the standards of TV making.

It was nice to see Pulse as I am sick of the made for TV characters.

Can someone explain to me why did the SS remove the collar from Polaris ?

Last edited:
The one she had on was for her to be attached to the wall. They said they were getting a portable one, which normally they'd have been able to do on account of Pulse.

I thought it was because they had a 2 mile range of coverage from a brainwashed Pulse cancelling mutant powers in the area. They got a bit too confident and took off the collar but then Thunderbird knocked Pulse and the interference out.

I loved this episode. That's all.

I love that they use codenames in this show when it might probably be more appropriate to not

Wow, Pulse has literally a straight up Morph from TAS storyline in this.
As ever Lorna was a highlight, the actress portraying her is doing a great job. Enjoyed this episode.

I wonder how much, if at all, Carmen may still call up Marcos to use his powers for interrogation again. I wager him doing that will become known to the others eventually.

I'm not expecting it anytime soon but I like how Carmen manipulated the situation.

I was kinda bored. But great for Polaris that she's no longer a prisoner. I thought the action was tamed, I hope they make them longer and choreographed them better. Right now,it's the typical action you would get in a TV show, but if they are more passionate in this, they would go beyond the standards of TV making.

It was nice to see Pulse as I am sick of the made for TV characters.

Was great to see her released and able to show what she can do. Yeah Pulse was cool. Hopefully we get more known characters in the next few episodes rather than made for TV guys.

Oh right cool, thanks for that. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"