The Walking Dead The Governor's Gubernatorial Thread of Governance

I wonder what was going through his mind when he bit Merle's fingers off?

Mhmmmh chicken fingers!

I would like to see a flash back of his life before the outbreak and see how Penny got turned.

People on this forum are saying the Governor is like a cartoon villain now lol.

"We'll meet again Spider-Man!"

A stupid thing to say IMO!

Yet in the same breath they complain that he's not a mullet sporting one note psychopath like in comics. Yay Internet.

This dude Kray!

Gunning down whiney town people....yeah that's a villain!

I love the Gov. That scene where he killed all of the townspeople was epic. Fine, I'll agree that the prison fight was a bit of a letdown, but regardless... I still liked the finale a lot. But then, I was also rooting for Andrea to survive and was sad that she died, which I guess means I'm not a true fan. I haven't been sitting here going OH PLEASE GOD KILL ANDREA SHE SUCKS HER COMIC BOOK COUNTERPART IS SO MUCH BETTER AND SHE WOULD BE AWESOME IF I WAS WRITING THIS SERIES BECAUSE I'M SO MUCH SMARTER THAN EVERYONE INVOLVED.

Bac2QnkIIAAs-_f.jpg

LOL.

Rot in Hell, Gov. You were a badass all the way up until the end.

Is the gov suffering from bi-polar ?

One moment he is talking logically....and the next moment he snaps ? :doh:

Yeah, it's a bit hard to diagnose a guy like that. He's crazy on some many f***ing levels.

He obviously, um, has issues with things not going his way (going postal on his own army by the roadside last season, anyone?), and I think he got pissed off because for a minute it looked like Rick was talking his own people into considering his "let's all live together" offer.

Governor can talk about peace all he wants, but he has a need to be in charge. He doesn't want to share with anyone. It's his way or the highway.

Well, the peacetalks were only ever for his people. To keep up a facade. He wanted strife all along. If he wasn't suicidal he was genocidal. Those were his only two modes. Sometimes both.

It would've been better for everyone, including him, if he had just died on the road all those months ago.

Was I the only person who kept trying to tell everyone to "Do it. Do it. Kill him. KILL HIM!" through the tv screen while watching the episode?

Gotta give it up to David for making me actually start to like the the character a few weeks back, then COMPLETELY hate him this episode. That is some amazing acting.

I guess my biggest gripe is that this episode could have been the Season 3 finale and there would have been no difference whatsoever, although that's more of a complaint about the Season 3 finale itself.

Ehh... I think the two episodes preceding it really gave the whole thing a different feel than it would've had if it were last seasons finale. Last season, he was a man looking for vengeance. This season, he was a man looking for sanctuary for his family and salvation for himself, but eventually came to the conclusion that change is impossible.

I still wonder what the season 3 finale battle was like before they scrapped it and reshot it.

But I still think they made the right choice even if the S3 finale was lackluster. It helped the characters of Rick and the Gov. And it gave us that awesome battle with scenes from comic.

*Bump*

Been re-watching season 3 and The Governor is just bad ass. So far the definitive villain of the series. I do miss Morrissey in the show.

Really? I feel like season 3 was the worst. Any season with him and Andrea just dragged. So happy she got killed.

How is season 3 the worst? It was so action packed, brimming with great character drama. I rate it second place behind season 1. Another character I miss after watching season 3 is Merle. He was such a lovable a-hole. Michael Rooker was awesome.

If Andrea is your reason for season 3 being the worst then season 1 and 2 were the worst, too, since she was in both of them as well. Andrea's worst season was in 2 where she did nothing but moan about having her gun and wanting to be out with the boys protecting everything, and always putting poor Dale down for caring about her. Andrea in season 3 actually brought some proper drama to the series at last, being a pawn of The Governor, and the episode where he chases her down was so intense.

The worst season by far is season 4. The highlight of it was, surprise surprise, The Governor and his assault on the prison.

Last edited:
*Bump*

Been re-watching season 3 and The Governor is just bad ass. So far the definitive villain of the series. I do miss Morrissey in the show.

Agreed. I just re-watched the whole series just before season 5 started, and he was such a great villain. I’m glad they finally killed him, but I do kind of miss him in the role.

He’s going to be at Walker Stalker in December, I’m hoping to get to see him then. :up:

I miss The Governor too. David Morrissey was one of the best actors on the show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"