The Walking Dead Tales of the Walking Dead (Anthology)

Sawyer

Definitely Not 40
Reaction score
'Walking Dead' to End With Season 11; Two More Spinoffs in the Works at AMC | Hollywood Reporter
Additionally, AMC continues to expand its larger Walking Dead world and has handed out a straight-to-series order for a drama following fan-favorites Norman Reedus (Daryl) and Melissa McBride (Carol). The untitled series — the franchise's third spinoff — is scheduled to launch in 2023, after the flagship completes its run. What's more, Walking Dead chief content officer Scott M. Gimple is also developing a scripted anthology series, Tales of the Walking Dead, that will feature individual episodes or arcs featuring new or existing characters, backstories or other stand-alone stories.
I’m still all-in enough on TWD that the Daryl/Carol show sounds great to me, but it’s the anthology that’s really got me interested.

It’s something that’s been on the table pretty much since this whole thing started, and Darabont wanted to do a series of different TV movies, with one of them being about Sam Witwer’s soldier in the tank.

I actually just read the Alien one-shot that Brian K. Vaughan wrote, and it would be great to see that adapted and
Jeffrey Grimes
brought into the TV canon.

Very into this as I said in another thread. This took too long to take off, but I'm glad it's happening.

Rise of the Governor and Here's Negan. Let's gooooooooooooo!

Rise of the Governor and Here's Negan. Let's gooooooooooooo!
That was my first thought. It feels like they bring up doing Negan’s origin every so often, I guess that’ll be how they how they keep a hold on to JDM after the flagship show ends.

I wonder if the Rick Grimes movies will end up being a part of this, instead of just releasing them seperately

They can’t possibly be filming something for this already...?

How 'The Walking Dead' Will Survive After AMC Ends Zombie Apocalypse

The second is an anthology series from Gimple, “Tales of The Walking Dead,” a “Black Mirror”-esque format that could see episodes take place prior to the zombie apocalypse or as far out as 100 years after the outbreak started.

Gimple sees “Tales” as a chance to really expand what “The Walking Dead” could look like, describing the series as “the height of variety.”

For one thing, it won’t always be horror. “Sometimes they’re straight horror stories. And sometimes they’re black comedy,” Gimple says. “We’ve talked about animation; we’ve talked about a music-driven episode.”

The episodes will feature both fan-favorite characters that long since perished, as well as new characters that could either be one-and-done or show up somewhere else in “The Walking Dead” universe.

The Walking Dead Actor in Talks to Return in Anthology Spinoff

Tales of the Walking Dead creator Scott Gimple reveals actor John Carroll Lynch, who played Eastman in a one-off episode of The Walking Dead, has participated in talks about reprising his role in the anthology spinoff in development at AMC. Lynch's Dr. E. Eastman appears only once, acting as a mentor to a PTSD-stricken Morgan Jones (Lennie James) in Season 6 episode "Here's Not Here." In the contained flashback episode scripted by Gimple, Eastman trains Morgan in the martial art Aikido and passes along teachings from a pocket-sized edition of "The Art of Peace," all while revealing his tragic history from before the start of the zombie apocalypse.

"I want to talk to Mr. Lynch first, but yes. He'd be game," Gimple said about an Eastman-focused episode of Tales during a virtual Walking Dead Showrunners Summit panel at New York Comic Con. "We've talked a little bit about it."

Feel like Emile on FearTWD presented far too interesting a potential backstory (bounty hunter in the post-apocalypse) to not be expanded on in a show like this.

Worth noting that apparently the show still has not been *officially* greenlit yet.

That being said, I'd definitely be very excited to get some more Governor story. David Morrissey said earlier this year that he'd love to return because the character has a lot more potential. I know he was a fan of the comic's prequel novels too. So I'm sure he'd be down for a few episodes.

I know everyone's focused on returning characters obviously but I'm looking forward to some new characters/locations too.

An adaptation of The Alien would check that box.
A season of say U.S. soldiers stationed in Iraq/Afghanistan or an expat in China or Germany. I kinda figure that's the only way to keep things fresh.

I mean, I get it, and I sort of don't at the same time. This is AMC's cash cow at the moment, and between Fear, World Beyond, the Carol/Daryl spin-off, and the belated Rick movies, they're expanding this world, even though it's well past its prime. I can't imagine Fear and World going much longer since the flagship show is ending this season.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing an adaptation of The Walking Dead: The Alien. For one, it takes place outside of the States, and we'd also get to see Rick's brother.

I was wondering why Terry Crews was briefly trending on Twitter...

Parker Posey?!? :eek::up:

Loving the casting for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"