The Greatest US Men's Olympic Basketball Team

IF this team wins it should be called the greatest u.s basketball team, simply cause the level of compitition has increased alot during the last decade ( Greece ,argentina ect,ect).

IF this team wins it should be called the greatest u.s basketball team, simply cause the level of compitition has increased alot during the last decade ( Greece ,argentina ect,ect).

Yeah but Jordan was amazing. I can see a little bit of him in Wade, Bryant, James, Paul, Anthony, etc.

Ill wait till 2008s team is done.

10 of the 12 members of the 92 team are Hall of Famers.

Not sure I can come up with a better reason to pick 'em.

^Yeah there are not many teams with the stamina and endurance of the '92 team.

10 of the 12 members of the 92 team are Hall of Famers.

Not sure I can come up with a better reason to pick 'em.

And there you have it, it is not even close...

The Dream Team. I still have their poster :up:

There is the Dream Team and then there is every other collection of athletes assembled in any sport at any time ...ever.

1992 Dream Team would beat anybody, anytime, anyplace, anywhere. I used to play the old Bull vs. Lakers video game on NES. You could pick the Dream team and play with them, you would NEVER lose, people. Magic, Bird, Barkley, Jordan, Robinson, Pippen, etc...too strong, too deep, too great. A no-brainer question really.

1992 Dream Team, hands down :woot:

No other team comes even close in my opinion.

honestly im quite impressed with this incarnation of Team USA, despite all the naysayers saying the world caught up and team usa is past its prime, they are going out and winning every night, and by dominant dream team like margins, so in that regard they are more impressive than the dream team that was expected to win because everyone else sucked and they were by far the best, not taking anything away from 92 because they were great but the competition was weak, this year team usa is going out and whipping respectable teams with years of international experience like spain argentina and greece are all good teams with good players and they are being made to look like JV teams playing varsity against this USA squad so in that regard they are more dominant and deserve tons of

as for hall of famers its too early to tell but i wouldnt be surprised to see this team have its fair share of hall of famers down the road, kobe and lebron are safe bets but depending on their future careers young players like chris paul deron, dwight howard, carmelo and dwayne wade could also become future candidates

sucks the ****in gold medal game is gonna be live at 2 in the morning. i guess im just gonna have to stay off the internet all day tommorrow

The 2008 USA Team is damn good, but I will vote for the Dream Team. There's a reason why they were called the Dream Team, and that there were no other proclaimed Dream Teams after them.

honestly im quite impressed with this incarnation of Team USA, despite all the naysayers saying the world caught up and team usa is past its prime, they are going out and winning every night, and by dominant dream team like margins

Heck no they aren't.

The Dream Team had a average margin of victory of 43.8 points.

I don't even think The Redeem Team has won a single game by that margin.

About the 1992 Dream Team:

- Never understood why Dominique Wilkins wasn't ever on the team. Isaiah Thomas probably did not make it because Jordan and Bird did not like him. Thomas and Wilkins were two of the greatest NBA players to have never played in the Olympics since NBA players were allowed to play in the Olympics.

Heck no they aren't.

No but they're averaging winning by 31 points a game which at last check is a blowout. And they have beaten a team by much they beat Germany 106 to 57.

Heck no they aren't.

I never meant they were as dominant as the dream team but I think what theyre doing is more impressive because the competition so much better and they're still crushing it

Bingo. Look at the number of high quality / all-pro foreign players today, compared to 1992. It really isn't even a question. You take the team from the last Olympics and have them play in 1992, and you will have same result as the Dream Team had.

With that said, Dream Team! :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"