The Green Lantern Skepticism Thread

That's why I don't like Marvel. They're all hokey to me. DC is so much more grounded so I'd just like a clear limit to his powers that the audience can understand , and that he can blend with the other heroes.

You cannot be serious lol.

1. An alien who can shoot lasers from his eyes, fly, lift mountains
2. A lady from an island of only women with super strength known from Ancient Greek myths
3. Someone who can run way past the speed of sound and possibly travel
4. An someone from the lost city of Atlantis.
5. A guy who dresses up like a Bat to fight criminals

And most likely theyre fighting aliens or something like that.

Sure seems grounded to me :up:

I like DC characters more than Marvel but that's such a ludicrous statement to say they're more grounded.

You cannot be serious lol.

1. An alien who can shoot lasers from his eyes, fly, lift mountains
2. A lady from an island of only women with super strength known from Ancient Greek myths
3. Someone who can run way past the speed of sound and possibly travel
4. An someone from the lost city of Atlantis.
5. A guy who dresses up like a Bat to fight criminals

And most likely theyre fighting aliens or something like that.

Sure seems grounded to me :up:

I like DC characters more than Marvel but that's such a ludicrous statement to say they're more grounded.

Looking at it the wrong way. It's more grounded because even with all these god like abilities at the end of the day they are Clark Kent, Diana Prince, Barry Allen, Arthur Curry, and Bruce Wayne all trying to leave the Earth in a better state than it was before they arrived. They're "more grounded" in the sense that they're anthropomorphized. Marvel has that too - with the X-Men and to a lesser extent Spider-Man. Not so much with the rest of their line up IMO. For most part the rest are just regular joes that aren't that awe inspiring and there's little struggle to balance responsibilty with personal lives. It's just what they do and it's sort of taken for granted.

Last edited:
Luke mentioned grounded when it came to the powers.

Or least he said grounded that's why they should limit the powers. Which doesn't make sense

I mean grounded in the wAy people act and react, that there are high stakes and consequences and character development. The heroes themselves possess more god like powers than in marvel mostly . I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"