The Helmet

Discussion in 'Ant-Man' started by Khonshu, May 21, 2015.

1. Khonshu Registered

One of the very few things that I had been hoping for was the "lower face open" helmet style that is so iconic in the Ant-Man character design. I completely understood when I first saw the movie costume that the closed helmet made more "realistic"(?) sense because of the potential hazardous effects of his size reduction. I told myself that this was a minor change to the costume and I was ready to live with it.

HOWEVER... the new LEGO sets seem to indicate that maybe we'll be getting the open helmet look after all. While some people seem fixed on the spoiler that the LEGO set might be offering, I'm doing backflips of excitement because I see a more traditional helmet design.

What do you think? Are they saving this part of the costume for film - similar to how they hid Vision from us?

2. kaijunexus Marvel Cinematic Universe

There's also this figure which seems to also indicate that we will be getting an open mouth for Ant-Man at some points in the film.

In the trailer, we see that the mouth piece and face plate both open to reveal his entire face...which is fine, I guess. But I'm right there with you in regards to just wanting to see his lower face revealed sometimes as it's far more in keeping with his traditional comic look.

[​IMG]

3. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

I think the closed helmet is due to the Pym particles being inhaled or something. Makes sense for the film, I don't have a problem with it.

4. obsidianrpg Registered

The closed helmet means he stores oxygen with his suit... he needs to breathe normal size oxygen/other air when shrunk down.

5. Slushy Registered

He looks goofy with an open mouth.

6. The Guard Registered

He looks goofy regardless.

7. DareDemon Hi! I like shorts!

I think he looks super cool with the closed helmet. In general it should stay closed, I think, unless he's normal sized.

8. Village_Idiot Captain of Industry

I'm assuming the helmet can do all kinds of things

[​IMG]

9. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

Be interesting when Wasp is introduced what her helmet will look like.

10. <(o_o)> Evangeline Is My Hero!