The Hip Hop/Rap Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony is all over the map on that one, but congrats to old boy.

^Some of their song lyrics, tongue in cheek they may be, in regards to gays.

Great for Frank that takes alot of guts.Can't wait for the album.

^Some of their song lyrics, tongue in cheek they may be, in regards to gays.

Their = Tyler, The Creator's and other members of Odd Future.

I find it kind of funny that everyone is stating that Odd Future are homophobic, when Syd The Kid is an out and proud lesbian and one of Tyler's best friends.

Tyler and the rest of Odd Future consider Frank their older brother, and were nothing but supportive of Frank when he came out.

Anyone know the radio personality Charlamagne tha God? I dont listen to the radio but this guy is pretty funny. I agree with most of his opinions too

I'm not listening to any more tracks until the full leak. Broke down and listened to the snippets and this album sounds amazing.

That's cool ....I bet it's gonna be Classic.

Everyone should check out 1999 from Joey Bada$$. Heard MF Doom and J Dilla produced tracks on it so I had to check it out, wasn't disappointed.

http://www.datpiff.com/Joey-Bada-1999-mixtape.361792.html

Joey_Bada_1999-front-large.jpg

I posted about Joey Bada$$ on the previous page. Really good album.

I been listening to the Bakery Boys from South London comprised of brothers Ace Boogie and Shack (whose father was a member of the legendary Soul II Soul collective) and childhood friend Dirty Dre.

[YT]22LWxxE47hQ[/YT]

That's cool ....I bet it's gonna be Classic.

It has every chance. Nas sounds so comfortable right now if that makes sense. My only concern is that Swizz Beatz managed to worm his way on to a track.

Anyone listening to the next hyped female MC Angel Haze.

Here track New York has been getting alot of buzz the past month and her new EP drops next week.

... i am increasingly frustrated by the absence of "golden age" veterans, the lack of presence of new material, let alone having no radio/video presence.. There should by now be an established infrastructure to support "Classic Rap" just as there is infrastructure to support "Classic Rock".. the "classic Soul/R&B" stations feature near-exclusively traditional soul only, from circa 1972 - present, with, at best, literally one rap cut interspersed in a four-hour programming block" (typically Whodini or Doug E Fresh)..
Meanwhile, the "Contemporary hip-hop/R&B" stations only reach back to select tracks of the 90s (typically Tupac, Biggie, Snoop, Dre) maybe once per hour at best..

There are no terrestrial radio stations that play hip-hop from 1979 - 1996 all day, every day.. the only place you can find this format is on Satellite radio..

more diverse playlists (including indie hip hop, non-major label rappers and some new veteran material) can be found on low-power, college (or "community") radio at best..

When is a veteran rapper who was big in the 80s - mid 90s going to have a Santana/Johnny Cash type comeback, with a progressive producer/collaborators, and make an impact in radio/video and live concerts.. So many people seem to be content to live off cult status and accept being exclusively a nostalgia act..

I listen to BBC 6music sometimes and they play old school Hip Hop although not 24/7.

What about Yeller's new song, y'all? :woot:

[YT]rpQYKFu65Jw[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"