The Hip Hop Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Music' started by American_Idiot, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spider-jide Registered

Ghostface is working on a new album, foxy is releasing her new album, DMX is releasing his new album if it isn't already out yet.

2. The Spider-Bat Registered

This is how I see rap:

1. The guy isn't singing, he's talking! For crying out loud he's talking!
    2. Why do they keep pointing their fingers? I mean is there a secret message? "50cent wants you!
    3. The main attraction is the tons of hot girls who would of course never be with the real ugly guy unless he paid a large sum of money!

3. The Kingpin Registered

nah you're ignorant. I don't "hate" any other genre of music because of what I've heard on the radio. So, don't talk. :)

1. Ok, than the only type of music you must like is American Idle or country music, cuz that's the only kind of music where the artist is truly singing. Music isn't all about singing, dumbass. :rolleyes:

2. Ever hear of hand gestures?

3. You're just stupid.

It's so ironic, cuz all the haters are calling hip-hop fans idiots when they're acting worse than the crunk fans.

4. WuTangDisciple Registered

Allow me to challenge that, Spider.

1. Every heard of poetry? Spoken word poetry? Hip-Hop formed out of that.

2. I have no idea what you're talking about, but I guess it has some truth to it.

3. The main attraction for me is music. Just like you enjoy listening to your genre of music, I like mine. I don't watch music videos, because the channels that play videos play crap ones, and I'd rather listen to my favorite artists without the distractions.

and to Jibe, I know enough.

5. The Kingpin Registered

^^word...and, do you listen to 71raw?

edit: and about 300 bars, I forgot who said it but who the **** needs 15 minutes to get a point across? seriously...it wasn't even that good of a diss. =/

6. Super Kal Proud Conservative

no, i dont like it

7. WuTangDisciple Registered

Never heard of 'em. Where are they based?

Wait, he spent 15 minutes on 1 diss? You're kidding, right?

8. The Kingpin Registered

oh and for like my 5th post/edit in the last 5 minutes I'll leave you guys with my favorite artists.

Del The Funkee Homosapien, Deltron 3030, Abstract Rude, Aceyalone, Biggie, Blackalicious, Casual, Common, Dan the Automator, Older Eminem, Eyedea, Gorillaz, Hieroglyphics, Immortal Technique, Jin, Kanye West, LS, KRS One, Mad Skillz, Nas, Organized Konfusion, Pharcyde, Pharoahe Monch, Royce da 5'9, Talib Kweli, Thai, The Roots, Tupac.

I'm going to Hot Import Nights when it comes to Miami Dec. 10 and Jin is going to be battling there, can't wait to see him. I'll get to meet him too, that'll be cool.

9. The Kingpin Registered

They're from west coast killa bees, which is a 3 group thing with wu-tang and another group. I don't really listen to them much, I just know oneof the guys from it.

And yeah bro, 300 bars you havn't listened to it yet? Want me to upload it?

10. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

I like hip hop, rock, and jazz. Every other music form can kiss my tight and toned black arse.

11. WuTangDisciple Registered

Those are all great artists. Although Del and Deltron were the same person last time I checked.
    You should check out MF Doom and Gang Starr.

As to the uploading. Nah, it's ok. I'm on this P.O.S. mac, so I probably couldn't even play it. I'll ask again once I get home.

12. The Kingpin Registered

Well yeah but Deltron had Kid Koala DJing, and it's a different style than Del usually raps, so I put them in seperate.

13. WuTangDisciple Registered

Oh, I had no idea. Hmm, I'll have to check out that then.

14. Makeshift Celebrity Registered

Anyone who hates Hip Hop for superficial reasons is ignorant!

15. American_Idiot Registered

Is anyone else having problems with the music not playing?

16. C-$ Registered

* If you can't comprehend what I'm reading, i apologize, I just had to get some things off my chest**

I'm a hip hop fan, & the thing I can't stand the most is when I hear dumb comments how hip hop isn't music! Hip Hop raps about killin cops, bi%ches & h*'s! The school I attend is mostly white & I'm talking 96% white, 4% black, so you know I have to hear that B.S a lot!

I kind of like rock, but I don't go bashing other type of music genres that I don't listen to because that personally pisses me off! It seems like everyone ignores Kanye West's" Jesus Walks", Naz's "I Know I Can", or even Nick Carter's " Can I Live"! It seems like people who criticize hip hop never look at the positives but are obsessed w/t the negatives! The thing that pisses me off the most is when Bill O'Reily convinced Pepsi to release Ludacris from their contract! But when Pepsi hired The Ozburnes to advertize their product, he didn't say anything & all of a sudden got a case "HUSH MOUTH"! I'm not calling O'Reily a rascist, just an ignorant [email protected]!!

Too many Hip Hop Bashers focus way too much on the cursing , which really dosen't bother( only wack artist like B.G who rhymes are lame). I didn't hear anybody bi$ch about Kid Rock or Fred Durst who curse a lot & having half nakedf hotties in some of their videos! Instead of always focusing on the negative in hip hop, please find it in your heart to at least once in a while
    focus on the positives!

17. American_Idiot Registered

I agree with you for the most part, but let's not put "Nick Carter" and Hip-Hop in the same paragraph please.

Also, people b(*&(ed about Fred Durst and Kid Rock more than you know for cursing and having half naked girls in their videos, moreso than most rappers. That's probably the main reason Fred has received so much criticism over the past seven years.

I agree with you that there are positives in hip-hop and rap (Kanye and Nas being two of the best examples), but it's the ever-popular Lil' Jon, Triple Six Mafia, and other "crunk" rappers/producers that are making the genre look bad; the same way these new pop punk bands you see on MTV are making rock music look bad.

18. BK Registered

PREACH! [​IMG]

19. Da Docta Come On!

i kinda like it

20. BK Registered

I'd agree with you, but his song "Can I Live" really does put out a good message, and it sounds very soulful too. But of course that last part is greatly helped by the great Anthony Hamilton, but it's a very good song nonetheless. :up:

21. spider-jide Registered

Nick Carter? Can I live? wait are you people talking about SHAWN Carter's, Can I live from his reasonable doubt album?

22. BK Registered

That song doesn't have an important message or features Anthony Hamilton....does it. :p

23. The Kingpin Registered

So Nick Carter's doing rap now?

24. American_Idiot Registered

Next, we'll see Kevin Federline (Britney's hubby) rapping...for real, she's trying to get him a record deal as the next white rapper. :joker:

25. The Kingpin Registered

Ha!....no. When I become a made rapper I'll take him and his ****ty wifey out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.