The Hip Hop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got Minaj's too but haven't had a chance to listen yet

I like it, it's a mix of r & b and hip hop though. Im still not sure what to make out of the song with eminem though lol It's still growing on me.

That "rah-rah! Dungeon dragon..." BS was such a waste of an Eminem feature. I'll wait for reviews on her album. Sometimes she overdoes it on the gimmicky persona in her raps. It's a shame because she's proven multiple times she can spit it with the best of them.

I think that song is dope. "Did It On Em" is prob my fav on the album. She ditches her usual Busta Rhymes flow and sounds more like Missy on the track :up:. My only complaint about the album is that there's a tad too much R&B on it.

That "rah-rah! Dungeon dragon..." BS was such a waste of an Eminem feature. I'll wait for reviews on her album. Sometimes she overdoes it on the gimmicky persona in her raps. It's a shame because she's proven multiple times she can spit it with the best of them.

Talkin about Minaj or Eminem? :p

Last edited:
I can't bear to utter a single word against arguably the illest rhymer out right now. Even if he's trying too hard to branch out by jumping on every damn feature. :o

Weezy was doing it until earlier this year. I appreciate the break from him, even if Em did gobble up all of his jobs.

Em actually flowed on his songs though. I swear Weezy slept through half of his guest spots while mumbling and grumbling some nonsensical crap. But that discussion is for another day.

Did you hear that new TI/EM joint? Much better than their disastrous first collabo. They both tore it up. :up:

I like Nicki's album but I was a little underwhelmed by it. She sang on it a lot more than I was expecting but I guess that's because they are trying to make her the "Hip Hop Lady Gaga" so she can reach a broader audience. As I said, I still like the album though and think it's a good debut!

My favorite songs: "The Best", "Did It On'em", "Roman's Revenge", "Save Me" & "Moment 4 Life" & "Blazin"

i listened to Pink Friday on the way to work and to the gym afterwards. it's way more singing than i expected but i like the album a lot

I usually don't listen to much hip hop beyond what I occasionally catch on the radio, but I decided to pick up Kid Cudi's Man on the Moon Vol 1 and I'm loving the hell out of that album, been listening to it nonstop the last few days. I just heard Mr. Rager and now I can't wait to get this new one.

The guy seems pretty talented to me and I can't wait to see what he does in the rock medium, if he does go that way.

I bought Vol 2 of Man on the Moon last night and it is indeed great. :up:

I'm probably one of the only people not that in love with Kanye's newest...I like the first 3 or 4 songs and then that's it

Anyone hear the Lloyd Banks/Em joint, i've had that on replay for the past couple of days.

Anyone hear the Lloyd Banks/Em joint, i've had that on replay for the past couple of days.

Yep! I agree. The song is fire!

And T.I.'s new track featuring Em is just as good. Check that out too if you haven't already.

celphtitledbuckwildnine.jpg

Album. Of. The. Year.

I really can't say enough about this record. It's everything hip hop stands for. Everything hip hop is about.

Celph and a host of emcees absolutely killing it over 90s era Buckwild beats. I'm talking about the kind of thick, jazzy East Coast tracks Big L used to kill. Sharp snares. Melodic samples. The works.

It's really one of the first of its kind: a nostalgia hip hop record. A throwback to the 90s, and an ode to what hip hop used to be: creative lyricism spit over sample-based beats. If you even remotely consider yourself a hip hop fan, you owe it to yourself to pick up this album.

it even has a corny 90's cover, so i think i'll have to check it out :p

Yep! I agree. The song is fire!

And T.I.'s new track featuring Em is just as good. Check that out too if you haven't already.
Yeah, his recent stuff that leaked with Royce and Dre is sick as well. I can see him dropping an EP or something later this year.

So...Regis Philbin smacks Nicki Minaj's footy.* Couldn't get the vid to embed but it's easy to find.

*fake booty

Skip to 3:26

I didn't know she had implants. I doesn't change how I feel about it but these "footies" seem to getting really popular.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"