The Hype Book Club

Marvel Man said:
Thats what i do with Harry Potter books, I cant wait for the Seventh one to come out but then again ill be very depressed
I've not actually read any of them. I bought a set with all six a couple of months ago but don't want to start until I get a bit of time. I'd rather read them all in a short space of time.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
I've not actually read any of them. I bought a set with all six a couple of months ago but don't want to start until I get a bit of time. I'd rather read them all in a short space of time.

I like having an occasional marathon of Harry Potter mostly in summers or in school year if im not suppose to read anything for class. Ill jsut read all of them through

I read the 3 Lord of the Rings books together once every few years or so. It takes a few years to start forgetting parts of it so that some of it feels new the next time you read it.

The Time Traveler's Wife
Fight Club
Halo: The Fall of Reach
Harry Potter series
The Rules of Attraction
American Psycho
To Kill a Mocking Bird
Everything is Illuminated

Yesss. Awesome books.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I read nothing else, really, except HP. I've got a huge collection of mangas. Mostly of Case Closed.

I bought all of the books written by Dan Brown a few months ago. I was reading The Da Vinci Code and then stopped halfway through just before Langdon and Neveu were about to take the train out of Paris. I've yet to read Angels and Demons, Digital Fortress and Deception Point.

There was this one book I read last year and really enjoyed it. I forgot the name, but it had something to do these two brother and sister, saving a town. It was very Tim-Burton-esque.

I lost the book. Bugger.

Harry Potter series, and Fight Club for the moment.

Anything by Chuck Palahniuk is good, but since I never finished Choke or Survivor, I can't exactly list them as favorites. Though Survivor was pretty great, from what I remember.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I read nothing else, really, except HP. I've got a huge collection of mangas. Mostly of Case Closed.

I bought all of the books written by Dan Brown a few months ago. I was reading The Da Vinci Code and then stopped halfway through just before Langdon and Neveu were about to take the train out of Paris. I've yet to read Angels and Demons, Digital Fortress and Deception Point.

There was this one book I read last year and really enjoyed it. I forgot the name, but it had something to do these two brother and sister, saving a town. It was very Tim-Burton-esque.

I lost the book. Bugger.

Good Boy:up: :up: :up:

currently reading "The Chronicles of Amber" awsome and imaginative. its basically about a royal family that is not really very close because all of them want the throne. two in preticullar are rivals: Eric and Corwin. Eric previously attempted to get rid of Corwin by spiriting him to London at the time of the black plague where he contracted the plague. the whole family is supernatural and are able to go through alternate dimentions at will. accordig the book the real word is Amber where other dimentions including our own are just shadows.

And I also read The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, too. I really enjoyed it. I might have to read the rest before the next Chronicles of Narnia movie comes out. What's the next Narnia movie again?

Mr Lex Luthor said:
And I also read The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, too. I really enjoyed it. I might have to read the rest before the next Chronicles of Narnia movie comes out. What's the next Narnia movie again?

Not sure, maybe "A horse and His Boy" or...dang lost it lol

Mr Lex Luthor said:

The Prince Caspian and ive read the LWatW too. I havent read the rest. I thought they were going to do the Magicians Nephew also, but idk

Lillian Jackson Braun writes cute mysteries involving Cats.

I'm just about to finish Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, i love the way this guy writes, it might be completely made up but still, you got to give it to the guy.

just started Dark tower is it worth reading all seven books?

Lucy in the sky said:
just started Dark tower is it worth reading all seven books?
same here, just started

any specific chapter? im still on the first you changed your avvy who was that girl?!

Lucy in the sky said:
any specific chapter? im still on the first you changed your avvy who was that girl?!
the one before is Keeley Hazell (not sure of the exact spelling.) I had 5mins today with the book, i think i'm the 6th page or something :D, but so far, i like it.

I'm currently reading a Fantasy by Andre Norton & Lyn McConchie called "The Duke's Ballad". Andre Norton is a very well known writer in the Fantasy and Science Fiction field and I usually enjoy her books. I think she's getting old because she has started doing a lot of collaborations. This book isn't bad, but it's not rivetting either.

My English teacher gave us a list of all the books that he suggests a student heading to college should have read. So now I'm working my way through the list. Most of them I've read either for class or pleasure but there are some great books I just never got around to reading. Right now it's The Catcher in the Rye and up next is Heart of Darkness.

As for my favorite books, I love 1984, Brave New World and the Great Gatsby. I like the Harry Potter series because I've kinda "grown up" with the characters. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay is another favorite of mine and a book I suggest all comic lovers check out. Good Omens, American Gods and Anansi Boys are also up there on my favorite books of all time list.

redmarvel said:
Lillian Jackson Braun writes cute mysteries involving Cats.

The Cat Who...? I have a few of those but never read them

Some of those star wars books i read were pretty good, i need to read more of them

Super Flight said:
Some of those star wars books i read were pretty good, i need to read more of them

what was the last one that you read?

Hey Malice, thanks for recommending Tom Clancy, i just finished his "Rainbow Six". Great Book!!!

Ugh, Im in the middle of "The Tale of Two Cities" for school, its a drag.

however we jsut got done reading "Boys Life" by Robert McCammon. It was long but really good.

finishing "a prayer for owen meany".

very interesting book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"