The idea of a Multiverse is absolutely terifying

How can you sit by and not help all the millions of people in poverty/dying of preventable diseases/dying of starvation/dying of exposure/being brutally oppressed/etc on this one planet?

There comes a point where you (even if you're a superhero) have to accept that there are limits to how much one person can focus on and just pick something to focus on and not worry about the rest until you fix the first thing. Anyone incapable of doing that would burn themselves out of superheroing almost immediately.

The MCU needs to leave the multiverse the hell alone as far as I'm concerned. I know there are fans out there who want the X-Men in the MCU, and (personally) the only way I can see that happening as of now is with the multiverse, however I'd rather keep the two comics completely separate than introduce the multiverse, not to mention I'm content enough not seeing the X-Men in the MCU.

Introduce the F4 (they can simply not have had their accident yet), but leave the X-Men and the multiverse the hell alone. Elseworld stories (if Disney/Marvel want to go there) are great, but lets not mix them up with anything else.

The sole exception; Deadpool, because that character literally exists in his own little pocket dimension (of sorts) and thus has the potential to share screen time with just about anyway, from Tony Stark, to Peter Parker, even Batman if there was ever a chance.

Completely agree with Bayne above, you'd burn yourself out.

Also...
And now realize that there are an infinite number of universes where humanity is suffering the same or even worse fate.

Once you have the ability to travel between dimensions how can our heroes just sit by and not help all these people?
With an infinite number of universes you'd never be able to help them all.

Kevin Feige on the Multiverse and the possibility of Far From Home being linked to Into Spider-Verse.

Beware Far From Home spoilers.

So, could the MCU be linked with Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse?
“Well, I don’t know most of that’s up to Sony,” Feige said. “I mean I think the notion of the multiverse is fun. We first made reference to the multiverse in Doctor Strange. I think it’s something we’ll be playing with in our own way. Obviously, we mentioned it in Far From Home but he’s not telling the truth but I think that’s a fun storytelling opportunity for us just the way they’ve done for years in the comics.”

LOL, all the clickbait rascals on the internet bought into the fake backstory.

I is fascinating on multiple levels.

On the one hand the MCU was already the home of parallel realities. The Ancient One talked about them. Ant-Man had the Quantum realm (Not EXACTLY a multiverse but now seaming a conduit to alternative timelines) and there's a school of thought that the Asgardians were residents of not just some other "planet" but of some kind of pocket universe, another "realm". And I'm sure that there might be more, especially if we get more ideas and concepts from the comics. Olympus would have to be someplace. Mojoworld. So it's odd that so many were acting like this was just so revolutionary to the MCU.

But then you had the whole "This changes everything now that it's in FFH!" and the person whose story this was being based on was... Mysterio. The villain of illusions and lies. I guess for a big chunk of the audience that aren't comic book fans it was a swerve but I don't get why long time fans of the mythos ever bought into the story. Much less be disappointed or shocked that it turned out his tale turned out to be hooey.

I is fascinating on multiple levels.

On the one hand the MCU was already the home of parallel realities. The Ancient One talked about them. Ant-Man had the Quantum realm (Not EXACTLY a multiverse but now seaming a conduit to alternative timelines) and there's a school of thought that the Asgardians were residents of not just some other "planet" but of some kind of pocket universe, another "realm". And I'm sure that there might be more, especially if we get more ideas and concepts from the comics. Olympus would have to be someplace. Mojoworld. So it's odd that so many were acting like this was just so revolutionary to the MCU.

But then you had the whole "This changes everything now that it's in FFH!" and the person whose story this was being based on was... Mysterio. The villain of illusions and lies. I guess for a big chunk of the audience that aren't comic book fans it was a swerve but I don't get why long time fans of the mythos ever bought into the story. Much less be disappointed or shocked that it turned out his tale turned out to be hooey.

I think a lot of fans expected it to be fake regarding Mysterio but still legitimately see it as conformation. Feige doesn't introduce anything by accident and it only serves to reinforce/build on which was introduced in Strange and FFH. I'm certain we'll be getting a cinematic multi-verse sooner then later.

The only reason there’s a multiverse is due to marvel (way back) selling off their characters!! Their has to be a reason why these”other marvel characters” weren’t in movies before!! You can’t just tell them “we couldn’t say/use them for legal reasons!!

The only reason there’s a multiverse is due to marvel (way back) selling off their characters!! Their has to be a reason why these”other marvel characters” weren’t in movies before!! You can’t just tell them “we couldn’t say/use them for legal reasons!!
What are you talking about? The multiverse would still be a thing, regardless of the film rights for characters.

What are you talking about? The multiverse would still be a thing, regardless of the film rights for characters.
Just asking wouldn’t it be more like 1 universe if all marvel characters were under 1 roof?? Not sure what I’m missing with h your comment can you help me see your point

Just asking wouldn’t it be more like 1 universe if all marvel characters were under 1 roof?? Not sure what I’m missing with h your comment can you help me see your point
You’re talking about already existing characters outside of the MCU (like with Fox) that make illustrating the multiverse concept easier off the bat. But there would be nothing stopping the MCU creating their own alternative versions of all their own characters for other universes if they didn’t have this easy initiation point.

You’re talking about already existing characters outside of the MCU (like with Fox) that make illustrating the multiverse concept easier off the bat. But there would be nothing stopping the MCU creating their own alternative versions of all their own characters for other universes if they didn’t have this easy initiation point.

What If...? perfectly illustrates your entire point. And also MoM.

Thanks for the help!! Yeah I’m a lot older stopped reading comics let’s just say long time ago!! I do know I’m more a novice then a lot of you posters

Thanks for the help!! Yeah I’m a lot older stopped reading comics let’s just say long time ago!! I do know I’m more a novice then a lot of you posters
Haha, no problem. Look forward to discussing CBMs with you. :cwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"