Overview

Director:

Terry Gilliam

Writers:

Terry Gilliam (screenplay)
Charles McKeown (screenplay)

First photo:

par-01-large.jpg

Yes, looking forward to this one. Whatever Gilliam makes is interesting.

I really wish Gilliam would've directed a Harry Potter movie.

I'm really looking forward to this, not only for Heath and whatever other actors he puts in his place, but Gilliam always has some crazy movies, and from what I have seen and heard about this it looks like it will be the same.

Brazil was boss.. Gilliam is the man and I know that Heath probably gave a helluva performance..

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22010

Depp, Law And Farrell In Parnassus?
All continuing Heath Ledger's work?
Source: AICN

24822.jpg
point.gif

point.gif

Since, at the time of his death, Heath Ledger was still working on Terry Gilliam's The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus, many have been wondering how the film could possibly be completed. There have been rumours of a number of actors taking over and a dramatic change in appearance being explained in the fantastical nature of the film. Now Ain't It Cool is saying that three actors have been confirmed to play the same role as Ledger.

The site says that they've had it confirmed that Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell will all play Ledger's character, a man trying to save the daughter of a travelling showman who sold her to the devil in exchange for eternal youth, at different points in the film.

It's not quite explained how the change in appearance will work, but you can't argue with the quality of the talent there. We'd never expect Gilliam to be anything other than completely respectful to Ledger and, if he has actually chosen these actors to pay tribute to him, then we think he's going the right way about it.

Was right about to post it. I am happy with those actors, I think they will do a good job.

Good choices. I'm really happy. Right now.

Although, the whole project sounds weird and even confusing, I am looking forward to it :)

Heath;'s death of course got me a little interested in this, but then the plot sounds a little strange but it seems like it could be interesting. The addition of Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell could make this pretty interesting.

Farrell: "Playing Ledger's Part Is a Painful Honor"

Movie star Colin Farrell has confirmed he'll be among the stars acting out scenes tragic Heath Ledger never got to shoot in his final film, confessing it'll be an "incredibly painful tribute." The Irish actor, Jude Law and Johnny Depp will help director Terry Gilliam complete the film he started with the late Ledger. The superstar trio will pick up the role Ledger was playing in The Imaginarium Of Dr. Parnassus before he accidentally overdosed on prescription drugs last month. And Farrell admits he was flattered to be asked to help Gilliam complete Ledger's last film. He tells the Sydney Daily Telegraph newspaper, "I will be honored to be part of that. It makes me feel uncomfortable to think about it too much and to get into it really here, but it's an incredibly painful honor... and an honor I wish wasn't bestowed (on me), but an honor none-the-less. It's about getting Heath's work out there... He's too good for any of his work not to be seen, you know, and I'm really keen and looking forward to doing it and just doing the best job I can do." The film, about a magical traveling theatre, also features movie veteran Christopher Plummer. Production on the London set has been suspended since just before Ledger's death.

Yeah I am glad he is one of the actors doing it.

Farrell's last films really sucked, but I still respect him as an actor :up:

Tom Waits talks about his role in Paranassus.

I am the Devil in the Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus–not a devil…The Devil. I don’t know why he thought of me. I was raised in the church. Gilliam and I met on Fisher King. He is a giant among men and I am in awe of his films. Munchausen I’ve seen a hundred times. Brazil is a crowning achievement. Brothers Grimm was my favorite film last year. I had most of my scenes with Christopher Plummer (He’s Dr. Parnassus). Plummer is one of the greatest actors on earth! Mostly I watch and learn. He’s a real movie star and a gentleman. Gilliam is an impresario, captain, magician, a dictator (a nice one), a genius, and a man you’d want in the boat with you at the end of the world.

Farrell's last films really sucked, but I still respect him as an actor :up:

Have you seen In Bruges? Easily the best movie he's ever done and the only movie that I ever like Farrell in.

So, we don´t have pics or anything on it ??

Polux

I hope it's better than Tideland. I'm a Gilliam fan, but Tideland was awful. :(

heard Depp, Law, and Farrell gave their paychecks for the movie to Matilda

love those guys, especially after that

I really hope this turns out good, loved Brazil (who didnt) and would love to see Gilliam do something close to that again. Was there ever any word on him going back to doing his Don Quixote movie, would love to see that if he could get past the "curse"

The title of this movie always reminds me of "The Contrabulous Fabtraption of Professor Horatio Hufnagel"... :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"