The Killing Joke

weezerspider

Sidekick
Reaction score
I realize The Killing Joke is not long enough to be a theatrical film, but I think, if they get the right writer, they could have it be the final act of another Batman film. Perhaps the film has Joker as the main villain and he gets "arrested" and "breaks" out in the final act or perhaps he's not even the main villain until the final act. Anyone think this could work? I love love love The Killing Joke and would love to see it on the big screen.

I think The Dark Knight is very Killing Jokeish if you ask me. But then again, I would like to see The Killing Joke in one of the DC Universe Original Animated Movies. If handled by Timm, Dini with the voices of Conroy and Hamill...sigh... one can dream.

I would like to see a more fleshed out story. The flashbacks can be longer, and they could make more elaborated scenes.

I realize The Killing Joke is not long enough to be a theatrical film, but I think, if they get the right writer, they could have it be the final act of another Batman film. Perhaps the film has Joker as the main villain and he gets "arrested" and "breaks" out in the final act or perhaps he's not even the main villain until the final act. Anyone think this could work? I love love love The Killing Joke and would love to see it on the big screen.
The main point of the killing joke was adapted into TDK as Joker's master plan, basically, except that in TDK the Joker actually succeeds.

Of all the classic Batman stories that should be made into animated movies, I don't think the Killing Joke is really one of them. It was a one-shot comic that had a very specific concept that has all ready been adapted into what most people these days are considering the only good movie ever made.

Him breaking out of prison and trying to break Gordon? Isn't that exactly what happened except he succeeded in breaking Dent in the end of TDK?

Now an animated film, as they are usually 80-90 minutes could be done if they just elongated the scenes and bring back the classic voices for Bats, Joker, Gordon and Barbara and have a great film. Unlike TLH it could actually be done as a quick DC animated feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philippe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"