• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Killing Joke Action Figures?

BatScot

Mon the Hoops!
Reaction score
Future release or pipe dream?

SDCCKillingJokeBatman.jpg
SDCCKillingJoker.jpg

Madman Mike "Sdcomics" Walker for actionfigureinsider.com said:
I asked about the Killing Joke boxed set. It’s interesting to me because Batman and the Joker are new scuplts. Previously, when DC Direct has released two figures in a set with a paperback, it’s been repaints (Superman/Doomsday and Hush Batman/Scarecrow being two examples). Georg said he saw an opportunity because of next year’s Dark Knight movie. He wanted this set in bookstores next summer because it’s the ultimate Batman/Joker story and interest will be high because of the film. He also mentioned that these two figures will be released in a later assortment if all goes according to plan.

SDCC Day Three Report: A Fistful Of Otters

... time will tell.

I saw this a little while after the Con. It's too ****ing sweet and needs to happen.

Any idea how much they would go for?

The Batman/Scarecrow and Superman/Doomsday versions with the book ran around $25 retail. I think those books were 24 pgs. TKJ is 48 pgs so it'll probably be a bit more. On top of that, those would be new sculpts (instead of re-paints), so that could bump it up a little as well. Two figs like that would probably go at $15 each. Overall, I wouldn't think more than $40 for the set.

Any idea how much they would go for?
The article mentions that they are intended to be released as a set... and for the set I'd guess somewhere between $18 and $28 (based on $9 to $14 a piece, which is generally DC Direct figures go for). But that's a purely a guess and there’s no guarantee at this time that they will ever release a retail version, at least as far as I am aware.

The article mentions that they are intended to be released as a set... and for the set I'd guess somewhere between $18 and $28 (based on $9 to $14 a piece, which is generally DC Direct figures go for). But that's a purely a guess and there’s no guarantee at this time that they will ever release a retail version, at least as far as I am aware.

The Batman/Scarecrow and Superman/Doomsday versions with the book ran around $25 retail. I think those books were 24 pgs. TKJ is 48 pgs so it'll probably be a bit more. On top of that, those would be new sculpts (instead of re-paints), so that could bump it up a little as well. Two figs like that would probably go at $15 each. Overall, I wouldn't think more than $40 for the set.
ah, good. :up: There is hope, and that bolland joker figure is just superb.

ah, good. :up: There is hope, and that bolland joker figure is just superb.
There is definitely hope... and based on what little information is known at the moment I'd say 75% in favor of eventual release :yay:

Awesome. Batman rules the superhero action figure market. :up:

^ There certainly is a lot of variety :up:

The Joker looks great and does Bolland's artwork justice. Batman does not.

The Joker looks great and does Bolland's artwork justice. Batman does not.
Are you on the dope? They nailed it!!!

I think the blue is the main issue. It should be much darker. It was pretty much a black satin finish in the book.

bolland2.jpg

Meh, it kinda resembles Bolland's Batman but i still say it could have been better.

But your right about the color.

Meh, it kinda resembles Bolland's Batman but i still say it could have been better.

But your right about the color.

The pictures in Toyfare are at a better angle. The sculpt reall is dead on. It should be either a really dark blue or flat out black.

DC direct should start releasing more figures based on classic Batman artists, certainly I'd love to see figures of Batman based on Don Newton, Jim Aparo, Marshal Rodgers, Neal Adams, Gene Colan, Norm Breyfogle, Jerry Bingham.

Well if this is being made because of TDK then there goes my hope of Batman: The Man Who Laughs action figures...

I think Id do a repaint on the Batman fig. That all blue color just isnt looking right.

THe pics in Toyfare do have a darker paint scheme......

this toy is going to be released with a reprint of TKJ right? cause I want to get them.

if they're making TKJ figures, they need to make a "battle damaged Barbra Gordon" in it :)

I was reading the latest issue of Toyfare yesterday, it says that "TKJ" figures won't come out until next year around January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"