Killing Joke Action Figures?

The Batman that comes in the Killing Joke boxset is also being released in another set with a removable head that you can replace with a Hugo Strange one. So that might be the brighter coloured blue one.

Hmm. Looks like it's the same shade of blue.
img1299sp3.jpg

img3949sf0.jpg

IIRC, those are from the Rogues Gallery line. I'm a bit disappointed that they wouldn't choose another Joker design for that.

I didn't know the Hugo Strange was essentially the same fig, just with a replaceable head. I'm likely to pass on that now.

and where is jokers through the years box set!!!!!!?????????????

yeah its a travesty they havent made a first appearence joker yet.:csad:

I would have painted BatMan more towards Black or the darkest navy blue, but other wise amazing figures.:woot: I hope they do one of Joker dressed up as the Red Hood or just a standard Mr.J.

they already did a joker as red hood with a great removable bolland-esq joker head.

redhoodul6.jpg

i preordered the killing joke set months ago and it came in today. pretty good but slightly dissapointing in person.

the overall sculpting is ok but the articulation is pretty typical for dc direct (meaning not to good:csad:). the paint ops are also pretty weak imo, especially on the joker's face and batmans leg sculpt and articulation sucks. his face could have been a better match to the artwork. but the joker's face matches the artwork much better and they really captured the way bolland drapes batman's cape perfectly (although some black detailing would have helped capture the look of bollands line work nicely.)

and what's with the gold belt? even though we never see it much in the book i never expected it to be the shade of gold they used. looks too bright and shiny and just off imo. bolland usually gives the belt a much more muted and duller colorway. looks like i will be touching up another dc direct figure. even though i declined to pick the figures up today i will probably go back and get them over the weekend.

i decided to pick up the much better executed long halloween joker today instead while i take a few days to contemplate why dc direct is so spotty:csad:.

and i almost want to wait for the batman/hugo strange figure because i have plenty of bat headed figures and i really like the hugo head sculpt. i do prefer the hat wearing verson of joker though.

overall the figures arent bad, just a little underwelming. im pretty picky i guess. but considering they are the killing joke and brian bolland figures and the price is pretty good for two figs and a book, it could have been worse. like i said i will still be picking this up despite slight misgivings.

now bring on the joker's first appearence figures already!

Got my "Killing Joke" set today, I think it's pretty awesome. Also A Bob Kane/Dick Sprang First Appearance Joker would be awesome.

Got my "Killing Joke" set today, I think it's pretty awesome. Also A Bob Kane/Dick Sprang First Appearance Joker would be awesome.
Where do i get this set, like at a comic book store or something. I never been to one, i live in Atlanta and I've never seen one. Does anyone know if there are comic book stores in Atlanta?

Your best bet is a comic shop. You could shop online, but the set really isn't expensive enough to justify the added cost of shipping in lieu of any price discount. On top of that, it was just released today, so availability shouldn't really be a problem.

You can find shops in your local area at the link below.
http://csls.diamondcomics.com/dc_csls.asp

Your best bet is a comic shop. You could shop online, but the set really isn't expensive enough to justify the added cost of shipping in lieu of any price discount. On top of that, it was just released today, so availability shouldn't really be a problem.

You can find shops in your local area at the link below.
http://csls.diamondcomics.com/dc_csls.asp
Thanks, theres one like 5 minutes from me and i never knew that.

I picked it up today too. I love the little touch of the acid burn on Batman's arm. And the Joker's accessories are pretty nice too.

Totally agree on the burn and the accessories, Joker. All in all, I think they're cool. Haven't got a chance to open them up or pose them or anything yet. Gonna do that in a little bit. I'm running out of room so I gotta rearrange some stuff.

After these, I now have no room left on my Joker shelf...

Well I'm finally getting a new bed today so I had to take apart my old one last night so I took the opportunity to rearrange some stuff so I was able to make room for Joker and Batman. I was gonna move some posters around to make room for MM figures to hang but then it just reminded me how I can't find a Joker so I said screw it until I find all of them.

Grabbed mine yesterday too. Batman could use a little touching up (I would have preferred a bit darker sheen on the cape & cowl), but overall I'm happy. Joker is just great. I must have looked over 7 or so sets and didn't really see any differences in paint, so I guess the consistency is good.

Grabbed mine yesterday too. Batman could use a little touching up (I would have preferred a bit darker sheen on the cape & cowl), but overall I'm happy. Joker is just great. I must have looked over 7 or so sets and didn't really see any differences in paint, so I guess the consistency is good.

That's good to know since I *had* to order mine online. (No comic stores near me...I went on an internet search, and the closest one is 2 states away, LOL!) I was kinda worried about getting these online...I much prefer to look at them myself, that way I can buy the best looking ones.

My Batman's having trouble staying on the peg of his stand. I had the same problem with my Sawyer figure from the Lost series. I ended up just bending the peg so he stays on. I'm thinking Batman might need a dot of glue in his foot hole.

My Batman has the same problem. Alot of DC Direct figures have that problem. I had to use a bit of glue to get my DKR Joker to stand up, as the hole was too big, or the peg was too small. Batman has a lower center of gravity though, so just bending his legs was all it took for him here.

Is Joker's Hat removable, or has the single figure coming out in October got a different head (it has no Hat)?

My Batman has the same problem. Alot of DC Direct figures have that problem. I had to use a bit of glue to get my DKR Joker to stand up, as the hole was too big, or the peg was too small. Batman has a lower center of gravity though, so just bending his legs was all it took for him here.

Yeah I messed with his legs and got him to stay cept now he looks like he's pelvic thrusting. I'll figure something out.

Is Joker's Hat removable, or has the single figure coming out in October got a different head (it has no Hat)?

Nah his hat is permanent. The one in October comes with two heads (if I'm not mistaken), one with a hat and one without.

This set is great! I love the Batman figure with the long ears and the
batsymbol.gif
emblem and the long cape draped over the shoulders and all around him.
IMG_0001.jpg

The sculpt really captures Brian Bolland's Neal Adams-esque Batman.

Bolland's going to be at a convention in my town in August I'm going to ask him to sign the bases.

I love these Killing Joke figures. The Joker is easily my favourite Joker (until I get my hands on the DC Direct Dark Knight Jokers). The sculpting and paint on both Batman and The Joker are fantastic, and the set comes with quite a few accessories, mostly for Joker (glass, camera and gun) but Batman gets a Batarang.

Now it's my Joker having trouble staying up. Batman I got perfect but Joker's legs are all wobbly and giving out so he keeps falling forward. Oh well, looks like I gotta do a glue job.

Kinda funny that the re-coloured book has no yellow oval, and this fig has.

I think the reasons for that are that this set is celebrating the 20th anniversary of the original printing, so the figures look like the characters from the original book (the copy of the graphic novel that comes with the set is also the original colouring).

The figs are based on the original coloring, which is what the book packed with them has too. The Jokers clothes are the same color as the originals, as opposed to the new cooler colors he wears in Bollands version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"