The King of Asgard! - The Odin Thread

Another reason for Odin to still be alive: Loki very likely needs to siphon Odin's power in order to impersonate him successful. Otherwise, his ruse could be revealed at any moment, if "Odin" needed to exert his powers on levels beyond what Loki could duplicate or fake.

I don't think Loki would need Odin for the power because Loki has Gungnir (or whatever Odin's staff is called). However, I do think Odin is still alive because Loki, whether he wants to admit it or not, subconsciously wants Odin's approval.

We saw this in Thor 1 "I could've done it father, I could've done it. For you! For all of us".

In TDW, Loki explains his actions in the Avengers as "I went down to Midgard to rule the people of earth as a benevolent god, just like you".

What's the odds that Loki rationalises usurping the throne as taking the opportunity to prove that he could be a good king just like Odin. He was so good at it that nobody noticed that it wasn't Odin himself.

Having Gungnir doesn't mean Loki has Odin's power. Odin didn't use Gungnir to transform Thor into a mortal, after all. Its just a tool, and probably a less significant tool to Odin than Mjolnir is to Thor.

It could just be Loki's love of irony. His own father locked him up for life, so now he wants to repay the favor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"