The Rise of Skywalker The Knights of Ren

Fro Rebelscum
tSQOV5x.jpg

thestarwarsgeneration-studio-01.jpg

I'm really want to know more about these guys. Who they are, what the nature of their order is, are they Luke's former students. I'm hoping for answers in the film.

My big question is, will they be actual characters or just cool looking costumes with actors inside made to sell toys like Phasma was?

I really hope they serve a narrative function beyond looking cool.

My big question is, will they be actual characters or just cool looking costumes with actors inside made to sell toys like Phasma was?

I really hope they serve a narrative function beyond looking cool.
It could go either way. I hope there's more of a point to them than toys and faceless lackeys for the heroes to kill.

And as I feared, the Knights of Ren really don't do anything in the film (besides looking cool and having a very short fight) and are absolutely wasted.

Not surprised. They'll be saved for a Disney+ TV series I'm sure.

Yeah these guys were completely wasted. All they did was stand around and look cool, but nothing else. A lot of missed potential IMO.

I liked them but i think had they been used/seen in TLJ things would have worked better with them in this. Them being talked about in TFA was a good start should have then seen them a little bit in TLJ even if it was just a very short thing kind of like Papiten back with empire strikes back.

Like a lot in this movie, a lot of cool designs we don't get to see much of.

These movies needed a dash more military politics. The Knights of Ren seem to have been a casualty of the aversion to all things political after the prequels.

I expected them to be little more than lackeys in the movie but even with that expectation I was still disappointed :dry:
But hey, at least they fared better than the Sith Troopers.

And as I feared, the Knights of Ren really don't do anything in the film (besides looking cool and having a very short fight) and are absolutely wasted.
This pretty much sums up everything about the Sith world and the special troops and minions there.

People keep comparing these designs to Ewoks as other characters only introduced to make cool looking toys. But the Ewoks were actually relevant to the story. They DID things. The Knights of Ren and Sithtroopers? Not so much.

As expected, they were there to look cool and sell toys. Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Phasma, Knights of Ren. Maybe we'll get a series one day.

Beat me too it, this is all disney does now. Create cool looking characters and barely use them.

Between them and the Sith Troopers, I don't know who were more worthless and pointless to this trilogy. The KoR had a somewhat cool flashback in TFA but were completely dropped in TLJ. I thought with JJ coming back, he'd give them something more to do but they ended up being easily disposed of lackeys with no explanation of their existence.

I don't understand why they didn't end up being Luke's other students. That would have been such an interesting dynamic: all of Luke's surviving former students ganging up on his current student.

What was even the point of establishing that Kylo had taken a handful of the other students with him?

I'd be more disappointed by this if I had any expectation. The Knights were used even less than I had anticipated, but I was well prepared. Shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"