The Life Thread - Insert Witty Title Here

Nell2ThaIzzay

Avenger
Reaction score
Unless I'm missing something, we don't really have a thread to talk about the everyday issues in our lives. We have a relationship advice thread, but as far as I'm aware, we don't have a life advice thread.

If I am incorrect, you all have my permission to tar and feather me in The Lounge!

My opening question - I just graduated college this past May with a B.S. in Theatre. I've had a ton of experience in my college years, from acting, writing, directing, and stage managing. To try to find a bit more of a stable job outside of college rather than waiting tables while waiting for auditions to roll through, I've decided to pursue some opportunities in stage management to get me in to the professional theater world, and hopefully transition into directing, and audition in my spare time.

As it is now, I've had contact from 2 different theaters, one in the San Francisco Bay Area, and one in New York City, having interest in bringing me on as an assistant stage manager. My question isn't which one should I do, I'm pretty sure I know what I want. My question is, any hypesters work in theater professionally? If so, I'm wondering what kinds of wages I can expect as an entry level assistant stage manager, and if I can't expect much in the way of wages, will being an assistant stage manager alot me enough time away from rehearsals and such to get a 2nd job, whether working in a theater somewhere, or doing something else, to pay my bills? Because I certainly don't have any money saved up to support me if I can't work while I stage manage, but I certainly have no problems with getting another job that I'd work while doing my theater stuff that I love and getting some very much needed and invaluable experience.

That is a very specific question, I can only think of smart ass remarks to your obviously very serious question so I'll refrain from spewing. Good luck with your endeavors and NY sucks.

BTW, Life the game is a horrible... horrible game.

I read on several bathroom walls that you suck. :o

But, how much to take a bus to NYC, rent 8 x 8 room for a day or so, go on the interview and then come back? :huh:

Here's some life advice... Jersey is even worse than NY.

I opened a thread like this once, didn't live as well as I expected

Was your thread about East Coast vs West Coast? Because that's basically what caused the tragic deaths of Biggie and Tupac.

The point still comes across.

Was your thread about East Coast vs West Coast? Because that's basically what caused the tragic deaths of Biggie and Tupac.
Center of the ocean, where Sub-Mariner is proud to be Tyrannosaurus Rex

To our local thread vegan:
How do I go green?

I read on several bathroom walls that you suck. :o

But, how much to take a bus to NYC, rent 8 x 8 room for a day or so, go on the interview and then come back? :huh:

Probably like $70 for a bus ride, I'm hoping for a free room since I'd try to stay with a friend up there.

I opened a thread like this once, didn't live as well as I expected

I aim to disappoint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"