The Lonely Man theme.

I love the TV series. I think the pilot is one of the best comic book movies ever made and has the seriousness, sensitivity and realism every modern superhero movie claims to have but don't actually. And the Lonely Man theme is one of the best things ever happened to the character.

But I consider that kind of winks do little for new versions.

I really rather have a new version based on the comics that holds the realism and sensitivity of the TV series more than copies of details such as the chair or the piano theme.

I think the piano theme will only serve as a reminder of a previous (popular) version of the character. But will do little to make this a unique movie.

Agreed, the pilot is still better than most superhero films, well balanced in terms of drama, action.... it was well written, good acting and great special effects for the time.
I would put the piano version at the end, with the final credits, as a nice tribute to the series.

I dunno... An entire crescendo in some scene will make it really dramatic

Nah, that would miss the point.

The piano on it's own is what gives the piece it's lonely feel.

I reckon they should just leave it as a solo piano piece, or if they have to change the instrument- I would go with a solo violin version.

Orchestras score every Superhero film, heck it's getting pretty boring!

http://www.incrediblehulk.net

:woot::woot::woot:

I love the new rendition, but am still hoping for the piano version to make the cut too...

I think it would be the best thing ever if the ending of the movie was Bruce hitchinking while "Lonely Man" plays softly in the background, just like the TV show. Maybe update it a teeny bit, but keep it very similar. Or, just over the credits works too. Just have it somewhere. Which, according to an interview with LL in another thread, it's going to be in it.

I love the new rendition, but am still hoping for the piano version to make the cut too...

Agreed. I just checked out the website this morning. Didn't realize they had a new version of the song on there. Sounds ok, would be nice to hear those few chords in the newer music just as a shout out. Still would be great to hear a piano version at the end of the movie.

Well the piano version isn't the ONLY version. There was the more dramatic version used as the main theme of the show. It's just the guy's one theme played in different. Which is of course how I hope (and apparantly it is) done in the movie.

Oh jeez, yes they should use this song in the movie somewhere. It would be a very subtle tribute to Bill Bixby like the shot of Bruce Banner's eyes changing to green from he trailer.

i loved the tv series growing up as a kid. the lonely man theme song will be awesum in this movie however they use it. i just hope they play it by piano, i don't want to hear it any other way. i definitely don't like the new websites version of it.

I just went to the site, an I think that those 5-6 seconds sound great, an really great adaptation:woot: another point to the movie

I know most don't agree, but if they do use it, I think they should do it in the beginning, those that read the script know what I'm talking about, I think that could work and it would immediately set the stage for his current relationship with his big green alter-ego

anyone been to the website yet?... the background music there is a version of this.

I really think it's cool that they've done that.

I'm going to have to agree with "Dangerous'' on this one. Just use the piano and nothing else. Anything extra added would just take away from the mood of the song. Can't wait to hear it in the movie!:up:

I'm going to have to agree with "Dangerous'' on this one. Just use the piano and nothing else. Anything extra added would just take away from the mood of the song. Can't wait to hear it in the movie!:up:

Ya know..I thought the same thing until I heard the music on the official website. It made me realize that the TV show used to use different versions of the theme other than than just the piano. The piano version was ususally reserved for the end of the show only. I think that is what should happen here.

Yeah, the official website has a cool version playing. For homage purpose, I willing to bet that we'll hear the piano version in the movie as well. It's Bruce Banner's theme music and every important character has one.

I don't know...I can hear a Nightwish-ized instrumental version of this song in my head. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"