The Making Of Star Wars: Return Of The Jedi, by J.W. Rinzler's

Discussion in 'Star Wars Expanded Universe' started by Bim, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Bim Registered

Looking forward to this one: http://theforce.net/latestnews/stor...ng_Of_Star_Wars_Return_Of_The_Jedi_150811.asp

Random House's product page for The Making of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi now features a synopsis for the book. Here's what you can expect from Lucasfilm editor J.W. Rinzler's latest behind-the-scenes tome:

Here's some additional information about the book from the Edelweiss catalog:
    * More than 600 photos and images
    * The eBook version will include "bonus content," as will new eBook versions of Rinzler's previous two making-of books, which will also be published on this book's release date.
    * This year, Lucasfilm plans "huge" 30th anniversary events for Return of the Jedi that it will promote alongside this book.

The Making of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, by J.W. Rinzler, will be published on October 8, 2013

2. Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

Nice, I'd like to read that.

3. titansupes Registered

Aaaannnnd... *drrooooool*

I hope he does Episode VII as well... and I hope it's released to coincide with the release of the BLURAY, not the theatire release, so that he's able to go inot spoiler territory rather than having to avoid it.

4. Bim Registered

5. gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

I bought the first one way back and I'm ashamed to say that I still haven't read the whole thing. Just glimpsed through it.

6. Bim Registered

I highly recommend both the ANH and ESB ones. Lots of bits of info i personally didnt know about, so that alone made them worthwhile to me.

Of course, i'm looking forward to this one :woot:

7. Bim Registered

In light of this book almost getting released (finally!), i share this: http://io9.com/10-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-star-wars-ret-1383276948

8. Gianakin_ SW Prequels Defender

If we got the EXACT SAME RotJ with Luke becoming Vader, it would make absolutely no sense.

9. titansupes Registered

In an interview about this book, when asked if he'd be doing a "Making of Episode VII" book, JW Rinzler said "I have to recuse myself here. I can't talk about anything Episode VII".

MAN, do I hope that's a 'yes'.

10. Bim Registered

That sounds like a "very likely yes" to me hehe. Let's hope so. I have enjoyed these books a lot, and one thing Lucas did have was sharing all of that backstage stuff and info with the fans, so hopefully that's a trend that will continue with the new movies.

11. Bim Registered

A cool interview by the people of TFN with the author: http://www.theforce.net/story/front...turn_Of_The_Jedi_Author_JW_Rinzler_154403.asp