The Force Awakens The Mandalorians

Hunter Rider

Ronin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ever since Boba Fett became an accidental icon in Empire Strikes Back the expanded universe has been filled with stories not only of him but of the warrior race of his heritage.

Personally I'd like a rebuilt Mandalore to be the main antagonists in Episode VII but regardless I think there will be a Mandalorian in the movie, it could be an aging Boba Fett or his offspring, or maybe someone from the EU retconned?

I know people will hate it, but the more Mando's...the better IMO. Worst case scenario, endless waves of repaints for toys since that's what matters anyway, right?:woot:

That black and gold fella looks awesome. I'd love to see stuff like that.

Mandos are a must. And in numbers. They could be the new stormtroopers (but with aiming skills).

Last edited:
Heck, if the New Republic is in a time of peace...the Mando's would completely own the republic army.

I know next to nothing about the Expanded Universe, but if they can make the Mandalorians new and interesting, count me in.

Jango Fett didn't do much for me after seeing Boba Fett in the OT. I liked the complete mystery of Boba and Jango was just "meh".

Mandalorians as guerrilla fighters and terrorist! Evil Rebellion!

I think it would be interesting if Mara Jade was Bobba Fetts Grand daughter who falls for Ben Skywalker. I think Luke looks to old to be getting married like in the books.

I would like to see the offspring of Boba Fett going after Han and Leia's kids to avenge his/her fathers death.

I think it would be interesting if Mara Jade was Bobba Fetts Grand daughter who falls for Ben Skywalker. I think Luke looks to old to be getting married like in the books.

Old to be getting married? Perhaps. But to have been IN a marriage for all those years? Perfectly normal.

Yes old enough to be a dad its just it be like who was the mother and so on. Not sure they ever had Luke talked to or kissed by a girl other then Leia his sister.

I know next to nothing about the Expanded Universe, but if they can make the Mandalorians new and interesting, count me in.

Jango Fett didn't do much for me after seeing Boba Fett in the OT. I liked the complete mystery of Boba and Jango was just "meh".

Just watch the Clone Wars series. It's canon.

Personally, I'd rather not have a focus on Mandos or them as the antagonists. Going to Mandalore or some other planet and showing them is fine but I don't want a large focus, but instead of it like how the previous trilogies only had one Mandalorian antagonistic each...the Fetts.

Old to be getting married? Perhaps. But to have been IN a marriage for all those years? Perfectly normal.

Yeah, I don't get why people keep saying that. What's wrong with Luke already being married? Hell, I'd much prefer that. Wedding scenes in movies are usually cheesy.

One Mandalarian I think would be interesting to see is Dr Demagol, he experimented on Jedi to try and understand the Force.

I also wonder if Bo-Katan could carry over from the Clone Wars although she'd not look like this anymore I imagine.

The Mandalorians if done right could be very awesome on the big screen. I wonder though if they even consider the books/comic books to be canon anymore? Disney might not consider anything that wasn't in any of the six films to be canon. If that were the case then they could really do whatever they want with the Mando's. If they do follow the books, then Boba survived, and eventually becomes the new Mandalore, and later even trains the Solo girl, and helps them in their fight against the evil Solo kid turned Sith Lord. So, they could take the Mando's in some very interesting ways depending on what they consider to be canon.

Either way seeing Mando's on the big screen could be really awesome.

The Mandalorians if done right could be very awesome on the big screen. I wonder though if they even consider the books/comic books to be canon anymore? Disney might not consider anything that wasn't in any of the six films to be canon. If that were the case then they could really do whatever they want with the Mando's. If they do follow the books, then Boba survived, and eventually becomes the new Mandalore, and later even trains the Solo girl, and helps them in their fight against the evil Solo kid turned Sith Lord. So, they could take the Mando's in some very interesting ways depending on what they consider to be canon.

Either way seeing Mando's on the big screen could be really awesome.

Disney's options would be straightforward. If they want to continue selling the existing books and have people buy them, they will continue to be canon. If they aren't canon anymore, they have to clear them off the shelves lest they create confusion amongst consumers.

If Jango was A Mandalorian then Bobba had to be since was a clone but if Jango was not then no. Truth is i know very little about Star Wars novels for stuck to the movies.

One Mandalarian I think would be interesting to see is Dr Demagol, he experimented on Jedi to try and understand the Force.

His "twist" was great in a series that I really didn't care about. And yes, I gave it a "shot", reading the entire series,lol

And the more Bo Katan, the better:woot:

If Jango was A Mandalorian then Bobba had to be since was a clone but if Jango was not then no. Truth is i know very little about Star Wars novels for stuck to the movies.

Yeah, I think Jango was also not a Mando.

Jango was an adopted Mandalorian from Concord Dawn but he went on to lead them in a civil war as the new Mandalore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"