MY Star Wars Prequel Trilogy

tinister said:
Overall - I think it is a huge improvement. You've made some of the same changes I would have made. Mainly:

1) Having Anakin be older to start off with in PM, and not a slave, and an orphan (nice and clean).
2) Allowing for a more plausible romance to develop between Padme and Anakin - rather than the robbing the cradle implications that GL came up with.
3) Kept Maul alive through the EP I and II and I like how you have him die at the hands of Anakin - and in a very plausible scenario (apprentice fighting to take the place of apprentice).
4) Got rid of the aweful arena sequence in AOTC.
5) Got rid of the aweful droid factory sequence in AOTC.
6) Show a growing real romance between Kenobi and Padme. Setting up a more convincing love triangle between Anakin, Padme, and Kenobi - instead of having Anakin just "assume" something is going on like how GL wrote it (which made Anakin come off as even more of a doofus).
7) Having Palpatine's seduction of Anakin be about greed and power rather than the desire to save Padme.

I have some other ideas that you didn't have. I'll post later.

Neat thread.

Here's one idea I have (to add to SpeedBallLive's list):

I didn't like how Palpatine was able to ambush the Jedis by calling "Order 66" or whatever the order was called. I don't like the idea of the clone troopers being able to "surprise" Jedis. The Jedis would have sensed it, and even if they didn't - they would have been able to fend off the clones.

MY IDEA: What if Palpatine needed to use Anakin in a specific way in order to destroy the Jedi?

In SpeedBallLive's version - Palpatine seduces Anakin to kill Maul and then murder Mace Windu to "seal the deal". What if the act of killing a fellow Jedi not only unlocks the dark side in Anakin, but it also then allows Palpatine to use that moment of murderous intent in Anakin to channel Anakin's unusually powerful force (and his anger) to enhance his own powers. He then uses this focus force to telepathethically influence all the Jedi to turn on each other? He can only do this for a short period of time - like a few days (maybe Anakin is in a trance during all of this) - but just long enough to wipe out most of the Jedi. The sequence of the Jedi seeking each other out and murdering each other could be a extented sequence with really cool battles. Ultimately - they reduce their ranks drastically - with only the strongest (like Yoda) surviving.

Maybe Anakin witnesses all the Jedi carnage while in his trance and comes out of the trance "damaged" - and in a murderous rage - which drives him to seek out Kenobi for the climatic final duel?

Maybe?

SpeedballLives said:
Ok, I've seen a lot of badmouthing about the PT, I'd just like to know what you would have done differently.

Here's what I would do.

It starts off with the blockade around Naboo. But instead of the TF, it's the Mandalorians. They were thought near extinct, but have some how created a huge army and navy. Obi-wan, who is 25, and his young apprentice are assigned to evacuate the King of Naboo and his daughter, Padme'. They get through the blockade, and land in the capital as the Mandalorians begin the invasion. The leader of the Mandalorians is Mandalore, whose real name is Jango Fett. That huge army he now has is a bunch of cloned mandalorian, but Boba is his real son, and not a clone. He's funded by the mysterious Darth Sidious.

Obi-wan completes his task, but the hyperdrive is shot. They land on Tatooine, where they meet a 15 year old Anakin Skywalker. He's not a slave, but is very poor and an orphan. He helps them get a new hyperdrive, and helps install it. Obi-wan senses something strong in the force about him. On Tatooine, he falls in love with Padme' and decides to leave with them.

They finally get to Coruscant, where Dictator Palpatine agrees to help them get Naboo back. Obi-wan tells the Jedi Council about Anakin, and they tell him the same thing as the episode I. He's too old. But when they meet him, they change their minds. He proves he is capable to be trained.

Despite the title Dictator, Palpatine was elected as the head of the Senate. He sends a huge force of Republic troops along with the returning Naboo, along with a huge force of Jedi, one is Mace Windu.

When they return, a huge space battle begins. The Jedi land in Theed, where Jango Fett and Darth Maul are.

Obi-wan, his apprentice and Anakin get seperated, and the Duel with Darth Maul begins. Mace fights Jango, and Jango is killed. Boba wants revenge.

During the Duel, Obi-wan's apprentice is killed. Darth Maul nearly kills an inexperienced Anakin, but is stopped by Sidious, who tells him through the force, that he may be useful some day and he should spared. Darth Maul leaves with the retreating Mandalorians. Thus beginning the Clone Wars.

Five years later.
Anakin and Padme have married, but it is not against the Jedi code. In Five years, Anakin has become the most powerful jedi ever, but is treated like a child. The Clone Wars have raged on, but the Mandalorians have not struck a planet in over 6 months, and have nearly disappeared. Palpatine's 6 year term is nearly over.

Anakin begins to see a relationship between Obi-wan and Padme begin, which disturbs him. His children are to be born in only a few days, and he does not want Padme to leave him.

Palpatine, who has become close friends with Anakin, tells him his plans. His plans to declare himself Emperor in three days. He wants Anakin to be his heir, thus making his children his heirs, and insuring a good future for them. Palpatine tells him everything now. That he is the Dark Lord of the Sith, and that he controls the Mandalorians. He wants him to become his apprentice, and to bring the downfall of the Jedi, who have become the opposite of what they declare themselves to be. He tells him that he make Anakin's children safe from becoming corrupted by the Jedi like he has.

The doors to Palpatine's office open, and in the doorway stands Darth Maul. A huge duel begins, and overhead the Slave I and the a huge Mandalorian fleet begin to bombard the Jedi Temple. Yoda and Mace order the evacuation of the Temple, and a small force remains behind to defend the escapees. Boba Fett spots Mace, and begins to fire at him while in the Slave I. Mace begins to run toward the Dictator's office building, jumping from Speeder to Speeder as the Slave I shoots them down.

Anakin kills Maul. And becomes Palpatine's apprentice. But first he must kill a Jedi Master and seal the deal.

Mace ducks into the fortified office, and Boba pursues him on foot. As Boba is about to shoot the exhausted Mace in the head, A lightsaber pierces Mace's heart. Boba walks away, saying he's had his revenge, even though it was done by another. He gives his Mandalorian forces over to Palpatine.

The Temple is only rubble now. The few surviving Jedi have fled. Obi-wan, fearing Anakin is dead, takes Padme' home to Naboo to have the babies there. As he head's back, he's intercepted by Anakin. They crash land on Mustafar, and the whole duel where Anakin is finally turned in Darth Vader happens. His reasons' to fight Obi-wan are more personal now. Obi-wan and Padme' have fallen in love, and Obi-wan does not deny it Padme' has given birth during this time, and lives. Obi-wan goes back to Naboo, to save the twins from Palpatine, who has recently declared himself Emperor.

The third film begins where the second one ended. Darth Vader has his armor, and is tasked with hunting down the remaining Jedi.
Obi-wan has taken Padme' to a secret location where the remaining Jedi are meeting.

Yoda and a few Jedi decide to attack Palpatine and end his reign. The others are tasked with getting the Jedi Children to safety in the Unknown regions.

The Duel in the Senate Chamber begins, but is MUCH crazier. The whole building is nearly demolished, and the only survivors are Yoda and the Emperor, who becomes deformed during this battle.

Darth Vader searches space for the Jedi Refugees, and finds them, above Tatooine, the meeting place of the Jedi. He destroys the ships, but senses his children on one. He orders it to be brought in. Obi-wan and Padme', after sharing a passionate kiss, seperate. They set off all of the escape pods on the large ship to confuse the Imperials. Obi-wan goes to Tatooine with Luke, and Padme' manages to link up with Bail Organa's ship. They slip into hyperspace and head toward Alderaan.

Obi-wan doesn't know what to do with Luke, until he learns his half-brother, Owen Lars, lives on Tatooine. Owen has a different father (Obi-wan's died when he very little, and his mother married another man), and is only a few years younger than Obi-wan. But they never got to know each other. He takes Luke to him, and Owen accepts to raise Luke.

The final scene is Vader and Palpatine. Palpatine tells Anakin that he will find his children, but to give it time. Enter Tarkin, who tells them of the plans to make the Death Star.

So what did you think?
What are some of your ideas?

The PT is done. You can try to change it, hate it, bash it..but it wont make any difference.

StarWarsAgent said:
The PT is done. You can try to change it, hate it, bash it..but it wont make any difference.
Ever heard of the phantom edits?

It's not a person. Your statements confound me, little nerd-stalker. I nearly still kinda-not-really had some little respect for you, but all that went out the window with the Natalie Portman thread.

StarWarsAgent said:
Yeah, I heard of that loser.

Having a discussion about how the PT can be better doesn't change the movie that GL made. But it's worth discussing regardless. It's a creative exercise.

And you're right - it IS useless. GL screwed up the SW universe beyond repair with the PT.

Iron Man said:
Now sure a few things could've been not done or made better by GL, but guys...they are movies! They are not reality. Yes indeed they are great films, but they are only that. GL is only human...he made them how HE wanted them.
Don't question the logic of Star Wars fans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"